I see you lurking! Your thoughts would be warmly received.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 650
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9737 of 198768/5/14 at 1:56pmpost #9738 of 198768/5/14 at 2:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by vida
What do you guys think of the length of these two jackets. I tried both over the weekend but did not make a decision because I am a bit unsure of the length. The grey is an Isaia "Cortina" model and the other is by Boglioli. For reference, they are both 28" in length. I'm 5'9" and most of my jackets are about 29". They both fit almost exactly as shown in the photos. isaia.jpg 26k .jpg file
boglioli1.jpg 24k .jpg file
boglioli2.jpg 22k .jpg file IMG_0629.JPG2.JPG 2107k .JPG file
Just a heads up you'll probably get a better response if you upload the images and paste the image URL. I don't think any one wants to download any unknown files nowadays.post #9739 of 198768/5/14 at 2:16pmpost #9740 of 198768/5/14 at 2:21pm@TweedyProf: I would go with the cream and brown Shepherd's check. It's more likely to fill a "hole" in your sportsjacket wardrobe. Antonio opined in the Eidos Napoli thread that it is the second-most versatile jacket after the navy blue blazer. I was going to buy it a few days ago until I learned it was no longer available in my size.post #9741 of 198768/5/14 at 2:38pmOK. I'll try this again........
What do you guys think of the length of these two jackets. I tried both over the weekend but did not make a decision because I am a bit unsure of the length. The grey is an Isaia "Cortina" model and the other is by Boglioli. For reference, they are both 28" in length. I'm 5'9" and most of my jackets are about 29". They both fit almost exactly as shown in the photos
actual boglioli fitpost #9742 of 198768/5/14 at 2:41pmpost #9743 of 198768/5/14 at 2:50pmAt Vida
If you want classic length those are too short. Not covering your seat nor the models. As a casual blazer perhaps, but if the concern is classic length then those are too short. If you don't care and it fits your shoulders etc then keep it. Distance shot make it hard to make out much though.
Thanks Pingson, Kulata, AC, will ponder.post #9744 of 198768/5/14 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
ThisWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shots of Justin Kapur. What say you to versatility of fabric pattern? Brown/cream houndstooth and midnight with aqua check.
Aravanel: that printed grenadine is awesome, but pricey. My vote.
The houndstooth for sure. It's infinitely more versatile. You can dress it up with grey trousers and a nice tie like justin, dress it medium(?) with brown chinos and a light blue ocbd and probably even dress it down with jeans.
When it comes to groomsmen, I don't get the whole practice of having a bunch of dudes standing behind you, especially not when they're all matching. The history behind it isn't particulalry appealing either. Anyway, I'm going to avoid that whole matchy-matchy problem by getting married without any groomsmen, when the time comes.
If they must wear a gold/yellow tie make sure it's not shiny and has some nice texture to it. Maybe linen, a grenadine or perhaps even cotton if the weather is still nice. Wear it with a navy suit and it'll look ok. I'm afraid it'll look washed out with a light grey suit. It's certainly a very hard look to pull off. All three ties you've chosen are nice, but I'd recommend you don't buy the same tie. Buy different ones in the yellow spectrum and it'll look much nicer, like your groomsmen actually got to choose their own tie.post #9745 of 198768/5/14 at 3:59pmpost #9746 of 198768/5/14 at 4:45pmpost #9747 of 198768/5/14 at 4:45pmpost #9748 of 198768/5/14 at 5:01pmpost #9749 of 198768/5/14 at 5:09pm
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 51 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Brooks Brothers 16.5/35 Slim Fit 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...