Thanks man! I'm loving it in every way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 642post #9616 of 199108/1/14 at 5:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9617 of 199108/1/14 at 6:33pmpost #9618 of 199108/1/14 at 7:15pmpost #9619 of 199108/1/14 at 7:17pmpost #9620 of 199108/1/14 at 7:42pmpost #9621 of 199108/1/14 at 8:14pm
^ I prefer the Tipo too. Don't fancy those open quarters/fronts/hocks or whatever they are called.
Thoughts please on these two briefcases, both made by the same company. These are the ONLY two pieces available at this store (assuming neither has been sold yet, which is entirely possible). They are not going to get any more.
The red one is a nicer colour, but a less convenient size (I often have to carry a camera and miscellaneous bits of equipment, as well as the usual laptop, spectacle cases, documents and so on). They are the same price. Medium quality construction, quite thick leather, very nicely done on the inside too.
If the bigger design were available in burgundy, I would kop without hesitation. OTOH if I had to choose between these two, I'd probably take the smaller burgundy one. But - does it look too stupidly small?
Close-up of the larger, black briefcase:
Can anyone identify this brand? It's apparently Hungarian, and also available online from an Austrian or German retailer, although I haven't been able to track it down.post #9622 of 199108/1/14 at 8:16pmInteresting how everybody here was initially so enthusiastic about Eidos' upcoming Lorenzo cut and now, based on a single photo, they all seem to prefer the older cut....
FWIW, I think in Greg's photo the open quarters/fronts are over emphasized due to the very light trousers and the perspective. It makes for a somewhat uncomfortable impression, since your eyes get drawn to his crotch now....post #9623 of 199108/1/14 at 8:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Interesting how everybody here was initially so enthusiastic about Eidos' upcoming Lorenzo cut and now, based on a single photo, they all seem to prefer the older cut....
FWIW, I think in Greg's photo the open quarters/fronts are over emphasized due to the very light trousers and the perspective. It makes for a somewhat uncomfortable impression, since your eyes get drawn to his crotch now....
I'm still grabbing one when they pop up. I think it looks great.post #9624 of 199108/1/14 at 8:23pmpost #9625 of 199108/1/14 at 8:24pmpost #9626 of 199108/1/14 at 8:41pmThread StarterMy next jacket has that C cut. Pretty excited about it.
In four years, 4 inch lapels are going to be the new 2 inch lapels. The difference is that they'll look awesome.
Still, I'll be sticking with 3.5, both because it'll "age" better, being a bit more moderate, and it is nicely proportional to my head and shoulders. Though my head could probably handle 4.post #9627 of 199108/1/14 at 8:51pmpost #9628 of 199108/1/14 at 8:52pmpost #9629 of 199108/1/14 at 9:17pmpost #9630 of 199108/1/14 at 9:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
You should surely do. My point was, we've seen many pics of that Lorenzo cut already and it looked great, so why dismiss it based on a single pic? Personally I'd have a problem with the low buttoning point. It elongates the body, which is what I don't need. Same happens with Formosa, that's why that looks so spectacular on tall skinny guys as yourself. The Lorenzo should look great on you too.
I got ya....and thanks.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 16 seconds ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...