Thanks man! I'm loving it in every way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14More
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 642post #9616 of 301198/1/14 at 5:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9617 of 301198/1/14 at 6:33pmpost #9618 of 301198/1/14 at 7:15pmpost #9619 of 301198/1/14 at 7:17pmpost #9620 of 301198/1/14 at 7:42pmpost #9621 of 301198/1/14 at 8:14pm
^ I prefer the Tipo too. Don't fancy those open quarters/fronts/hocks or whatever they are called.
Thoughts please on these two briefcases, both made by the same company. These are the ONLY two pieces available at this store (assuming neither has been sold yet, which is entirely possible). They are not going to get any more.
The red one is a nicer colour, but a less convenient size (I often have to carry a camera and miscellaneous bits of equipment, as well as the usual laptop, spectacle cases, documents and so on). They are the same price. Medium quality construction, quite thick leather, very nicely done on the inside too.
If the bigger design were available in burgundy, I would kop without hesitation. OTOH if I had to choose between these two, I'd probably take the smaller burgundy one. But - does it look too stupidly small?
Close-up of the larger, black briefcase:
Can anyone identify this brand? It's apparently Hungarian, and also available online from an Austrian or German retailer, although I haven't been able to track it down.post #9622 of 301198/1/14 at 8:16pmInteresting how everybody here was initially so enthusiastic about Eidos' upcoming Lorenzo cut and now, based on a single photo, they all seem to prefer the older cut....
FWIW, I think in Greg's photo the open quarters/fronts are over emphasized due to the very light trousers and the perspective. It makes for a somewhat uncomfortable impression, since your eyes get drawn to his crotch now....post #9623 of 301198/1/14 at 8:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Interesting how everybody here was initially so enthusiastic about Eidos' upcoming Lorenzo cut and now, based on a single photo, they all seem to prefer the older cut....
FWIW, I think in Greg's photo the open quarters/fronts are over emphasized due to the very light trousers and the perspective. It makes for a somewhat uncomfortable impression, since your eyes get drawn to his crotch now....
I'm still grabbing one when they pop up. I think it looks great.post #9624 of 301198/1/14 at 8:23pmpost #9625 of 301198/1/14 at 8:24pmpost #9626 of 301198/1/14 at 8:41pmThread StarterMy next jacket has that C cut. Pretty excited about it.
In four years, 4 inch lapels are going to be the new 2 inch lapels. The difference is that they'll look awesome.
Still, I'll be sticking with 3.5, both because it'll "age" better, being a bit more moderate, and it is nicely proportional to my head and shoulders. Though my head could probably handle 4.post #9627 of 301198/1/14 at 8:51pmpost #9628 of 301198/1/14 at 8:52pmpost #9629 of 301198/1/14 at 9:17pmpost #9630 of 301198/1/14 at 9:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by EliodA
You should surely do. My point was, we've seen many pics of that Lorenzo cut already and it looked great, so why dismiss it based on a single pic? Personally I'd have a problem with the low buttoning point. It elongates the body, which is what I don't need. Same happens with Formosa, that's why that looks so spectacular on tall skinny guys as yourself. The Lorenzo should look great on you too.
I got ya....and thanks.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 1 minute ago
- › NWOT Kent Wang Navy Striped Polo L 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Is This Normal for Cotton Dress Pants after One Wash? 4 minutes ago
- › Is this suit too black for business setting? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet cromo mocha trainers 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015