You will certainly miss them nice Korean service people when you come over to the States. I can't wait to see you blow up here lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14More
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 535
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8012 of 293736/25/14 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #8013 of 293736/25/14 at 7:38pmNo. I cant imagine. Meltdowns are reserved just for me. Lol. I forgot about Southern hospitality. I was surprised when I visited Atlanta. Nice folks down there.
Texas is South or not?http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
I live in Northern Virginia and it is quite a weird feeling when people say that it is a Southern state. It is only when I drive down south for an hour do I realize that Virginia is really a Southern state. Lol
Edited by The Noodles - 6/25/14 at 8:08pmpost #8014 of 293736/25/14 at 7:42pmpost #8015 of 293736/25/14 at 7:44pm1. Yes, Clags, I can imagine you losing your shit completely, yes.
2. I have not had many issues with SA. Sure they say uneducated (by SF standards) stuff, but its not like its a degree field, for many people its just a job, and they are just trying to do good and splurt out whatever innately comes to them as advice about clothing. Some are jackasses, but I have not had many give me a hard time, and most defer to what I say as long as I am clearly confident about it.
3. I think unbel is right about Texas.post #8016 of 293736/25/14 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Texas is South or not?http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
I've derailed this thread enough recently so I won't go into a long explanation of why Texas isn't a part of the South. But almost every Texan and every Southerner I've ever talked to has agreed that it is not. It's only people not from either place that keep insisting that it is.post #8017 of 293736/25/14 at 8:42pmThread Starter
This thread was meant for derailing.
As a whole, Texas is Texas. One, there is an overriding Texas identity, probably stronger than American identity for most Texans. Two, outside of that identity and culture, different areas of Texas are easily associated with the values of different American regions. East Texas is definitely the South. It bears all the hallmarks. The panhandle and the DFW area are Midwest. And the rest of Texas is Southwest, with its heavy Hispanic influence.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I've derailed this thread enough recently so I won't go into a long explanation of why Texas isn't a part of the South. But almost every Texan and every Southerner I've ever talked to has agreed that it is not. It's only people not from either place that keep insisting that it is.
I wonder if there is the equivalent of Hofstede's work or the WVS for US regions
I don't think I've ever lost my shit. And I've been through some seriously rough patches in my day.
(so when I do, I bet it'll be epic)
Edited by Claghorn - 6/25/14 at 8:55pmpost #8018 of 293736/25/14 at 8:58pmpost #8019 of 293736/25/14 at 10:33pmpost #8020 of 293736/25/14 at 11:09pmpost #8021 of 293736/26/14 at 12:31ampost #8022 of 293736/26/14 at 12:45amQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Let's hope this is an upgraded version of me. No more picnic attacks.
I almost blew up on a Saks Fifth SA.
Mrs. Noodles was looking for Birkenstock sandals so I went over to the Armani section to try on some suits. I really didnt want to be bothered but a SA zeroed in on me in seconds. I tried on a 40R and it was small and short. SA said Armani is coming out with slim fits. Then I tried a 42R and it still was too short. The jacket was not covering my flat arse. So I asked the SA if they had a L.
He then said, "L is for someone who is 6'3" and over."
To which I said, "Not necessarily. But a jacket is supposed to cover your seat.
Then the SA got frustrated and asked me,"Says who?!"
I just ignored him and started to walk away and he said,"Oh! You no want to buy?! You just play for fun?! You dont know suits!"
I wud have chewed him out and called his supervisor but I just left cus I was too tired to deal with such nuance.
He might have had a bad day at work. I try to be gracious about stuff like that. On the other hand, he's got one job while being there, and that's tending to whatever the customer wants. If they haven't got what's requested, he should just say so in a polite manner.
I don't expect SA's to know what's SF approved. I do expect them to be, if not super nice, at least civil. In the best of all possible worlds, they should also have some knowledge about what a conservatively cut suit looks like if they're going to be working in the suit department.post #8023 of 293736/26/14 at 12:48ampost #8024 of 293736/26/14 at 3:13am
Either way, it's an awesome state. I've taken a road trip from Miami to LA, and I distinctly remember how nice people in Texas were. Having said that, people in small towns were especially nice, no matter the state, and in bigger cities it depended mostly on what part you were in.
I'd choose most major American cities over London, not just for the cost of living, but mostly because of how nice the people are. People in London aren't very nice in general, and the cost of living is outrageous, even in comparison to NYC or SF. $1700/month is the absolute minimum for a shitty apartment with flatmates in a somewhat safe area. I'd like to live on my own, but that'll cost me upwards of $3500/month, with a longer commute to work.
Edited by Monkeyface - 6/26/14 at 3:26am
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 21 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 21 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 37 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 43 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 43 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 44 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...