You will certainly miss them nice Korean service people when you come over to the States. I can't wait to see you blow up here lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by Cleav, 3/29/15
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15More
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 3:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 535post #8011 of 240936/25/14 at 7:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8012 of 240936/25/14 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #8013 of 240936/25/14 at 7:38pmNo. I cant imagine. Meltdowns are reserved just for me. Lol. I forgot about Southern hospitality. I was surprised when I visited Atlanta. Nice folks down there.
Texas is South or not?http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
I live in Northern Virginia and it is quite a weird feeling when people say that it is a Southern state. It is only when I drive down south for an hour do I realize that Virginia is really a Southern state. Lol
Edited by The Noodles - 6/25/14 at 8:08pmpost #8014 of 240936/25/14 at 7:42pmpost #8015 of 240936/25/14 at 7:44pm1. Yes, Clags, I can imagine you losing your shit completely, yes.
2. I have not had many issues with SA. Sure they say uneducated (by SF standards) stuff, but its not like its a degree field, for many people its just a job, and they are just trying to do good and splurt out whatever innately comes to them as advice about clothing. Some are jackasses, but I have not had many give me a hard time, and most defer to what I say as long as I am clearly confident about it.
3. I think unbel is right about Texas.post #8016 of 240936/25/14 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Texas is South or not?http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States
I've derailed this thread enough recently so I won't go into a long explanation of why Texas isn't a part of the South. But almost every Texan and every Southerner I've ever talked to has agreed that it is not. It's only people not from either place that keep insisting that it is.post #8017 of 240936/25/14 at 8:42pmThread Starter
This thread was meant for derailing.
As a whole, Texas is Texas. One, there is an overriding Texas identity, probably stronger than American identity for most Texans. Two, outside of that identity and culture, different areas of Texas are easily associated with the values of different American regions. East Texas is definitely the South. It bears all the hallmarks. The panhandle and the DFW area are Midwest. And the rest of Texas is Southwest, with its heavy Hispanic influence.Quote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I've derailed this thread enough recently so I won't go into a long explanation of why Texas isn't a part of the South. But almost every Texan and every Southerner I've ever talked to has agreed that it is not. It's only people not from either place that keep insisting that it is.
I wonder if there is the equivalent of Hofstede's work or the WVS for US regions
I don't think I've ever lost my shit. And I've been through some seriously rough patches in my day.
(so when I do, I bet it'll be epic)
Edited by Claghorn - 6/25/14 at 8:55pmpost #8018 of 240936/25/14 at 8:58pmpost #8019 of 240936/25/14 at 10:33pmpost #8020 of 240936/25/14 at 11:09pmpost #8021 of 240936/26/14 at 12:31ampost #8022 of 240936/26/14 at 12:45amQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Let's hope this is an upgraded version of me. No more picnic attacks.
I almost blew up on a Saks Fifth SA.
Mrs. Noodles was looking for Birkenstock sandals so I went over to the Armani section to try on some suits. I really didnt want to be bothered but a SA zeroed in on me in seconds. I tried on a 40R and it was small and short. SA said Armani is coming out with slim fits. Then I tried a 42R and it still was too short. The jacket was not covering my flat arse. So I asked the SA if they had a L.
He then said, "L is for someone who is 6'3" and over."
To which I said, "Not necessarily. But a jacket is supposed to cover your seat.
Then the SA got frustrated and asked me,"Says who?!"
I just ignored him and started to walk away and he said,"Oh! You no want to buy?! You just play for fun?! You dont know suits!"
I wud have chewed him out and called his supervisor but I just left cus I was too tired to deal with such nuance.
He might have had a bad day at work. I try to be gracious about stuff like that. On the other hand, he's got one job while being there, and that's tending to whatever the customer wants. If they haven't got what's requested, he should just say so in a polite manner.
I don't expect SA's to know what's SF approved. I do expect them to be, if not super nice, at least civil. In the best of all possible worlds, they should also have some knowledge about what a conservatively cut suit looks like if they're going to be working in the suit department.post #8023 of 240936/26/14 at 12:48ampost #8024 of 240936/26/14 at 3:13am
Either way, it's an awesome state. I've taken a road trip from Miami to LA, and I distinctly remember how nice people in Texas were. Having said that, people in small towns were especially nice, no matter the state, and in bigger cities it depended mostly on what part you were in.
I'd choose most major American cities over London, not just for the cost of living, but mostly because of how nice the people are. People in London aren't very nice in general, and the cost of living is outrageous, even in comparison to NYC or SF. $1700/month is the absolute minimum for a shitty apartment with flatmates in a somewhat safe area. I'd like to live on my own, but that'll cost me upwards of $3500/month, with a longer commute to work.
Edited by Monkeyface - 6/26/14 at 3:26am
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Muktsar Sahib 26 seconds ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Rupnagar 38 seconds ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Mansa 45 seconds ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Firozpur 51 seconds ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Zirakpur Punjab 1 minute ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Fazilka 1 minute ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Fatehgarh Sahib 1 minute ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Faridkot 1 minute ago
- › //ब्लैक मैजिक \\ +91-8875513486 love vashikaran expert success In... 1 minute ago
- › बादशाह+91-9001354274 BlaCk MAgiC mAntrA fOr loVE in Maharashtra 1 minute ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan