Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 525post #7861 of 165966/22/14 at 2:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7862 of 165966/22/14 at 2:48pmpost #7863 of 165966/22/14 at 2:51pmpost #7864 of 165966/22/14 at 2:57pmQuote:
Proportions seem right, correct length, lapel width, buttoning point, skirt, the right taper, waist suppression and soft shoulders with a little structure.
But most importantly, that's the silhouette I am after in a suit.post #7865 of 165966/22/14 at 5:10pmpost #7866 of 165966/22/14 at 5:31pmThread StarterQuote:
But they can be a reason to go with one style of jacket shoulder over another.
If I do go back to my MTM tailor, I'll be asking for lower patch pockets. Will probably keep the button stance the same.
On a different note, J Press is having an excellent sale for ties. I think JRD may have mentioned them in terms of stripes, but they also have an excellent selection of neats available at 40% off, putting them at <$45post #7867 of 165966/22/14 at 5:39pmpost #7868 of 165966/22/14 at 7:42pmQuote:
Is there any way someone can provide pictures of squared shoulders that are aesthetically appealing and pictures of ones that aren't. I have sloped shoulders and my structured garments don't have squared shoulders. They look fairly nice.post #7869 of 165966/22/14 at 11:02pmpost #7870 of 165966/23/14 at 7:39ampost #7871 of 165966/23/14 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
You heard it here first. For every jacket I get from B&T, I can get 3 from my MTM tailor. I'm going back. At four pieces from B&T, I am happy with what I have from them. And happy to have gone through the experience. But given the fit that MTM gets me.....
anyway, thoughts on this?
perfectly reasonable. if the BnT price is a stretch for you, is see no reason to keep most of your purchases to MTM and only go BnT on occasion. if the price is not a stretch, then the fact that BnT is more expensive would not for me be reason to back away, assuming you like their work better.
jr - great looking check SC a few pages back.post #7872 of 165966/23/14 at 1:20pmpost #7873 of 165966/23/14 at 9:48pmIt may be that I have lower standards than some here, but I don't see the BnT as 3x better than your MTM. It's just different. Also, the suits are in different fabrics, right? I think the material differences may be contributing to the differences called out.
Unbel is right about the pockets.post #7874 of 165966/23/14 at 10:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
It may be that I have lower standards than some here, but I don't see the BnT as 3x better than your MTM. It's just different. Also, the suits are in different fabrics, right? I think the material differences may be contributing to the differences called out.
Unbel is right about the pockets.
All of this.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › NIKE Thread 27 seconds ago
- › RRL Rigid Officer's Chino size 33x34 NWOT 11 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › L.L. Bean Gumshoe Bean Boots size 10M near new 12 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 14 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Cutaway Collars with HEIGHT 34 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 38 minutes ago
- › The End-of-the-Year Friday Challenge: Best Celebratory Fit 1 hour ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...