Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14More
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:38 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 525post #7861 of 292586/22/14 at 2:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7862 of 292586/22/14 at 2:48pmpost #7863 of 292586/22/14 at 2:51pmpost #7864 of 292586/22/14 at 2:57pmQuote:
Proportions seem right, correct length, lapel width, buttoning point, skirt, the right taper, waist suppression and soft shoulders with a little structure.
But most importantly, that's the silhouette I am after in a suit.post #7865 of 292586/22/14 at 5:10pmpost #7866 of 292586/22/14 at 5:31pmThread StarterQuote:
But they can be a reason to go with one style of jacket shoulder over another.
If I do go back to my MTM tailor, I'll be asking for lower patch pockets. Will probably keep the button stance the same.
On a different note, J Press is having an excellent sale for ties. I think JRD may have mentioned them in terms of stripes, but they also have an excellent selection of neats available at 40% off, putting them at <$45post #7867 of 292586/22/14 at 5:39pmpost #7868 of 292586/22/14 at 7:42pmQuote:
Is there any way someone can provide pictures of squared shoulders that are aesthetically appealing and pictures of ones that aren't. I have sloped shoulders and my structured garments don't have squared shoulders. They look fairly nice.post #7869 of 292586/22/14 at 11:02pmpost #7870 of 292586/23/14 at 7:39ampost #7871 of 292586/23/14 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
You heard it here first. For every jacket I get from B&T, I can get 3 from my MTM tailor. I'm going back. At four pieces from B&T, I am happy with what I have from them. And happy to have gone through the experience. But given the fit that MTM gets me.....
anyway, thoughts on this?
perfectly reasonable. if the BnT price is a stretch for you, is see no reason to keep most of your purchases to MTM and only go BnT on occasion. if the price is not a stretch, then the fact that BnT is more expensive would not for me be reason to back away, assuming you like their work better.
jr - great looking check SC a few pages back.post #7872 of 292586/23/14 at 1:20pmpost #7873 of 292586/23/14 at 9:48pmIt may be that I have lower standards than some here, but I don't see the BnT as 3x better than your MTM. It's just different. Also, the suits are in different fabrics, right? I think the material differences may be contributing to the differences called out.
Unbel is right about the pockets.post #7874 of 292586/23/14 at 10:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
It may be that I have lower standards than some here, but I don't see the BnT as 3x better than your MTM. It's just different. Also, the suits are in different fabrics, right? I think the material differences may be contributing to the differences called out.
Unbel is right about the pockets.
All of this.
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › You should buy this (the open-ended e-shopping enabling thread) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela Hidden Placket Polo in size 48 (M) 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcons MAN x Duvetica Wool Tellia Down Vest 12 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...