I wouldn't bother with this. You'd basically have to reconstruct the pants.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 652post #9766 of 373968/5/14 at 11:48pmpost #9767 of 373968/6/14 at 2:26ampost #9768 of 373968/6/14 at 5:33ampost #9769 of 373968/6/14 at 5:38amQuote:
Nothing weird about that. It just means that you added muscle weight and lost fat.
Oh, and surely you could make some additional holes in the belt. Or have a cobbler make them for you.post #9770 of 373968/6/14 at 5:42ampost #9771 of 373968/6/14 at 6:06amQuote:Disagree with you on this. It's a cultural thing. When I was in med school, the students who wanted to become surgeons lifted to fit in with the surgeons. Many of them had been athletes and already lifted before med school. Even those who had never lifted before picked it up.
Also salary of medical specialties has nothing to do with it IMO. Other medical specialties compensated similarly to orthopedic surgery do not have similar gym/lifting rates.post #9772 of 373968/6/14 at 6:23amQuote:
Disagree, most successful people in finance are actually quite jacked. Going to the gym at 5:30am before starting work at 6:30am is quite common around here. They all have postgrad degrees or even PhD's, and they make a hell of a lot of money. I'd say the same goes for the top people in the business world.post #9773 of 373968/6/14 at 6:30am
Apropos of the ties @C&A is selling (if they aren't all sold out), found this pic which is similar to the grenadine I think Claghorn purchased.
This is Kenji Kaga of Tie your Tie.
Comment: I think tied more normally, this tie would be a tad thin for those lapels (and I think he realizes it, aside from the Sprezz). But the texture is very nice. Those ties pull at me especially at C&As offering price. Just wish they were a bit wider. I also think this is an example of white being too stark for the textured/causal/country feel of the fit.
Edited by TweedyProf - 8/6/14 at 6:41ampost #9774 of 373968/6/14 at 6:51amQuote:
Nothing wrong, yes, but as with most things aesthetic related, it is personal preference.post #9775 of 373968/6/14 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by MGoCrimson
Team Asia fist pound
Thanks--some great stuff in here to give me some more ideas.Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
When it comes to groomsmen, I don't get the whole practice of having a bunch of dudes standing behind you, especially not when they're all matching. The history behind it isn't particulalry appealing either. Anyway, I'm going to avoid that whole matchy-matchy problem by getting married without any groomsmen, when the time comes.
If they must wear a gold/yellow tie make sure it's not shiny and has some nice texture to it. Maybe linen, a grenadine or perhaps even cotton if the weather is still nice. Wear it with a navy suit and it'll look ok. I'm afraid it'll look washed out with a light grey suit. It's certainly a very hard look to pull off. All three ties you've chosen are nice, but I'd recommend you don't buy the same tie. Buy different ones in the yellow spectrum and it'll look much nicer, like your groomsmen actually got to choose their own tie.
Completely agree on all points, but I think we burned up most of our political capital convincing her to let him dress like a grown-ass man. I'll wear a yellow tie if I have to. I just need to find one that's not terrible.
Agree, I just know lots of folks are going to balk at the price. The grenadine is looking more likely at this point.post #9776 of 373968/6/14 at 7:04ampost #9777 of 373968/6/14 at 7:23amQuote:
Didn't know about the sale, will get in touch with him--thanks.
The Hober one (presume you are talking about this one? http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-printed-silk-tie-145.html) is in the running--unfortunately he only has enough for three ties, so we're going to need other options as well.post #9778 of 373968/6/14 at 7:32ampost #9779 of 373968/6/14 at 7:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Muscles get bigger/stronger from lifting heavy weights for a small amount of repetitions. The classic standard is 3 sets of 8 reps, with the weight heavy enough so that you can barely make the last rep. Doing 100 reps of jump ropes won't induce muscle growth.You'd need to 3 set of 8 squats with at least 100lbs on your back to start gaining some muscle.
It's not an entirely accurate example, but compare the body of a marathon runner (lots of reps/light weights) with that of a sprinter (little reps/heavy weights).
This. Also the diet of the Sprinter vs the Marathoner are way different. I love Pop Tarts.Quote:
This.post #9780 of 373968/6/14 at 7:37amQuote:
I'm trying to push for several options and letting each groomsman pick--if that's the case, the Hober might still be in the running.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 32 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...