Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 651post #9752 of 374978/5/14 at 5:22pmQuote:You the man!Originally Posted by MGoCrimson
Team Asia fist poundQuote:That's quite interesting.
The successful (not necessarily smart)people that I have met in the business world are very hard working people and are workout-holics as well as workaholicspost #9753 of 374978/5/14 at 5:25pmQuote:
Yep, that's the plan. He's been great with every interaction I've had with him. Trying to decide whether to pick the suit up off the bay or not atm.post #9754 of 374978/5/14 at 5:26pmpost #9755 of 374978/5/14 at 5:27pmQuote:
Same here. The super type-A, masters of the universe I know apply their hard-working nature towards both their body and their work.
Edited by MGoCrimson - 8/5/14 at 5:38pmpost #9756 of 374978/5/14 at 7:23pmpost #9757 of 374978/5/14 at 7:24pmQuote:
You've apparently never worked in Orthopaedic surgery.
I will say that endurance sports are more popular among the affluent. I've done both. I use to race bikes and I primarily lift now. Cycling will always be my passion and I hope to someday get back into and balance that and lifting. I could probably race well at 170lbs or so. I'm 5'10 and 165 right now.post #9758 of 374978/5/14 at 7:31pmI enjoy going to the gym as well, but I was always more interested in strength training then endurance training. I grew up idolizing guys like Stallone, Arnold, etc. Not to mention I was tall and lanky as a kid growing up, so I couldn't wait to put on any kind of muscle, even if it meant losing losing each and every abdominal in the processpost #9759 of 374978/5/14 at 7:31pmpost #9760 of 374978/5/14 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
You've apparently never worked in Orthopaedic surgery.
I will say that endurance sports are more popular among the affluent. I've done both. I use to race bikes and I primarily lift now. Cycling will always be my passion and I hope to someday get back into and balance that and lifting. I could probably race well at 170lbs or so. I'm 5'10 and 165 right now.
Sports and gym are not the same, @MGD83 was talking about the gym specifically. I love cycling, but I absolutely hate the gym.post #9761 of 374978/5/14 at 7:52pm
Quote:Originally Posted by EliodA
Sports and gym are not the same, @MGD83 was talking about the gym specifically. I love cycling, but I absolutely hate the gym.
I mentioned lifting in my schpeal too. A lot of the ortho guys I work with lift. They also dabble in sports and stuff, but many of them lift.
Like I said, it is much more popular for the affluent to dabble in endurance sports. That's whats 'in' these days. Things used to be difference a few decades ago.\\Quote:
See above. I think it's the affluence thing. Way more people in surgery lift vs those in medicine.
It's not a 100% thing, but I'm just saying based on the institution I work at. Med guys are usually scrawny vs the surgeons who tend to be bigger.
In certain cultures, whiteness is prized because it means you didn't work out in the fields and were a higher class/caste. In America, being scrawny and into endurance sports symbolizes that you get paid to think and not to do more menial labor. I think that the divide also occurs on class lines.
Edited by ridethecliche - 8/5/14 at 8:07pmpost #9762 of 374978/5/14 at 7:59pmpost #9763 of 374978/5/14 at 8:01pmpost #9764 of 374978/5/14 at 8:04pm
Real talk though:
I used to weigh 135 when I started school and bike racing. When I raced, I stabilized at like 145-150ish in season. I am WAY happier with my body now.
The gym is a different kind of zen to endurance sports. I love them both for totally different reasons.
I'd still like to strike a balance in the future if I'm able to bike again. Then again, I damn nearly died doing that so I'm not sure it's the best decision.post #9765 of 374978/5/14 at 11:06pmQuote:
Crimson - I'd give Will a ring before buying. I had a discussion with him about an old circa-'99 YSL suit that I have and love for semi-sartorial (it's a really lovely PoW) and semi-sentimental (my wife bought it for me before she was my wife or we could really afford it) reasons. The coat is a bit long and it's an unvented 3-button. Trou have a too-high rise and are single reverse pleat.
Will was unconcerned about shortening the coat and pressing to a 3r2 sack, but suggested leaving the pleats alone and just slimming the trou and changing the rise. I don't recall his exact reasoning on why he wasn't hot on the pleat removal but it's worth a phone call before purchasing anything.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 5 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...