or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 628

post #9406 of 37396
Yoga teachers and especially Pilates teachers seem to talk about spine flexibility and lengthening a lot, and creating space between your ribs and hips. I'm relatively new to both, so certainly not an expert, but it seems to be at least part of the goals of the exercises.
post #9407 of 37396
Thread Starter 

You guys all wear your silk scarves when you do yoga, right?

 

 

I really want to practice Tai Chi. It's helped my dad a lot with his neck problems.

post #9408 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

You guys all wear your silk scarves when you do yoga, right?

Yep, that's it....sumo style.
post #9409 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i can totally see unbel as a massive yoga junkie. i bet he looks toight in yoga pants, too.

 

I don't wish to know that.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

 

I really want to practice Tai Chi. It's helped my dad a lot with his neck problems.

 

Never done Tai Chi, but see people doing it all the time in China. Looks like it would be very beneficial for balance and proprioception. I used to do a lot of climbing (mainly at gyms, only a couple of times on actual cliffs - too friggin' scary) and this had similar benefits for me. Being aware of your body is one of the tenets of mindfulness.

post #9410 of 37396
Sorry to barge in on this thread but this might interest some people here. I have a Vanda navy raw silk tie that I just never wear, partly because it's on the short side for me and partly because I've come to realise that I just don't like raw silk. This is the tie in question:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


It's a really nice tie however (it is a Vanda after all), and I would like for it to have a home where it receives the love it deserves. I'm not looking for any monetary compensation but I'm open for trade suggestions or any other kind of fun deal (which certainly doesn't have to be a dollar for dollar match with the tie). Any takers? If so, PM me. Most interesting/fun/just out there suggestion gets the tie wink.gif
post #9411 of 37396

I have a near identical tie from Conrad Wu and love it for its odd texture: I recommend strongly that someone takes up Professor Pingson's offer and combines it with a patterned odd jacket in earth tones, for maximum effect!

(A similar combo from me - contrasting and patterned PS i.e. oranges/burgundies is also optimal I feel) (Click to show)

 

post #9412 of 37396
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Sorry to barge in on this thread but this might interest some people here. I have a Vanda navy raw silk tie that I just never wear, partly because it's on the short side for me and partly because I've come to realise that I just don't like raw silk. This is the tie in question:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


It's a really nice tie however (it is a Vanda after all), and I would like for it to have a home where it receives the love it deserves. I'm not looking for any monetary compensation but I'm open for trade suggestions or any other kind of fun deal (which certainly doesn't have to be a dollar for dollar match with the tie). Any takers? If so, PM me. Most interesting/fun/just out there suggestion gets the tie wink.gif

Excellent idea Ping icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9413 of 37396
In exchange for the tie, I offer to post a fit on WAYWRN of me wearing my father's Safari suit. It's a genuine piece from the 70s in the very finest beige polyester.
post #9414 of 37396
Alas, no platform spectators to match.
post #9415 of 37396
I have ties I want to give away for free too. I have a bunch of RLPL ties that I got as a gift and this Turnbull & Asser. PM me if you want this and others.


So I don't whip out my phone and browse SF while I am with my wife anymore. That's why I do a whole lot of browsing at work and in my bathroom (really). As for the phone passwords, neither of us have one and dont have anything to hide. This may sound weird but I read her conversation with her sister, and sometimes play jokes on both of them. Anyways, she now wants control over our finances. I told her, "That aint happening for sure. Why the heck do you think I got my CPA licence?!"
post #9416 of 37396
@pingson Your post reminded me of this.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/270736/tie-swap-box-uk-europe-edition

Any appetite to resurrect the idea? (UK and Europe)
post #9417 of 37396
Thread Starter 
I approve of this idea. But y'all should check out the tie box thread.
post #9418 of 37396
pingson, i has a sad that you dont like raw silk.
post #9419 of 37396
Pingson knows what's up...
post #9420 of 37396
He does, but raw silk is awesome. I understand that it does not appeal to everyone, and that's a personal choice, which is certainly fine. It just makes me sad that the big P is not on team raw silk.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)