or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 581

post #8701 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

ahhh, thanks Murls.  I need a 48R suit jacket with 52 (tagged) pants (looks so sad in writing) - I was hoping to find someone who needed the opposite for possible combo orders in the future.  

Keep me in mind...I can make the 50 trousers from your 48 jacket work.
post #8702 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Keep me in mind...I can make the 50 trousers from your 48 jacket work.

 

you prefer 50L, right? 

post #8703 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

you prefer 50L, right? 

Yeah, I just ordered my first 50L in the tobacco fresco MTO. The 50R works, but the L will look better. I think Greg ordered some 50L for restocks.... I could be wrong though.
post #8704 of 37439

I generally take a 50R in jackets and a 48R in pants. However I'd be several months away from ordering a Formosa suit. First things first - B&Tailor bespoke project beckons...

post #8705 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

I generally take a 50R in jackets and a 48R in pants. However I'd be several months away from ordering a Formosa suit. First things first - B&Tailor bespoke project beckons...


Can't wait to see that...what did you end up going with?
post #8706 of 37439
Well, you two broad shouldered, small waisted guys should keep me in mind for when the Fall stock arrives. It would be nice to not have to rely on MTO.
post #8707 of 37439
What the heck is ur workout routine Murl? You seem to have broad shoulders and a narrow waist.
post #8708 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

@othertravel posted these

@Jr Mouse

Not a huge SW fan but I think it'd be fun to wear the imperial one and see if anyone notices what symbol it is.

Kinda looks like a soporific "neat" print in navy from afar....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Mens-Tie-NEW/151319679418?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23769%26meid%3D8180651376729827033%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10163%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D261527091562&rt=nc
$_57.JPG?rt=nc

rebel is more obvious

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

To the sellers credit, he took great pics. They actually look like high-quality ties.

The empire ones are subtle, but I also think most people won't conclude a Star Wars reference if they saw you wearing the rebel one (unless they're a big fan). The rebel tie even looks like something Stefano Ricci would make.
post #8709 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Can't wait to see that...what did you end up going with?

Have been measured up and quoted by Joe, but haven't placed my order yet - requires 100% upfront payment which I'm still trying (and failing, temptation being what it is) to accumulate.

 

However, it will most likely be an unlined brown SB suit in a Draper textured linen blend.

post #8710 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

What the heck is ur workout routine Murl? You seem to have broad shoulders and a narrow waist.

Little of this, little of that.....nothing major. My body type is a curse when it comes to clothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Have been measured up and quoted by Joe, but haven't placed my order yet - requires 100% upfront payment which I'm still trying (and failing, temptation being what it is) to accumulate.

However, it will most likely be an unlined brown SB suit in a Draper textured linen blend.

Well, can't wait it to see it after you pull the trigger.
post #8711 of 37439

You'll be waiting a while. Just had an accident with the missus. A Versace type of accident.

post #8712 of 37439
Lol haha
I am thankful that my wife isn't into brands like me
Edited by The Noodles - 7/13/14 at 5:25am
post #8713 of 37439
All this Formosa talk...
post #8714 of 37439

She's not really into brands, thank goodness. But she wanted a shearling coat. This was a shearling coat. The fact that it happened to be Versace was largely irrelevant. We did get a good discount, the quality is superlative, and it looks amazing on her. But there goes the menswear budget...

post #8715 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

She's not really into brands, thank goodness. But she wanted a shearling coat. This was a shearling coat. The fact that it happened to be Versace was largely irrelevant. We did get a good discount, the quality is superlative, and it looks amazing on her. But there goes the menswear budget...

See, here, I am the one who makes all these "accidents" happen. I may have a problem. Also, my wife's a saint. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)