Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 569post #8521 of 375377/8/14 at 12:36ampost #8522 of 375377/8/14 at 12:49amThread StarterAccord. All my cars have been Hondas. Got a 99 Accord for my 16th birthday. Drove 03 and 07 Civics in college. My sister wrecked my first car and a truck basically parked on my second.
Not a car person. Will probably drive Hondas the rest of my life unless something major changes. Don't really the point of junping to an Acura.post #8523 of 375377/8/14 at 3:27amThr days when Hondas ruled are long gone. Nowadays, theyre just boring but reliable cars. If you dress the way you do, an Accord will not complememt you for sure. I think you should get an Acura TL at the least but thats just my opinion.
I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima but my wife wants a BMW X5. Thats a lot of suits that I will be sacrificing...post #8524 of 375377/8/14 at 3:48ampost #8525 of 375377/8/14 at 3:57amThread StarterQuote:
As far as failing to complement how I dress: what I wear isn't part of a larger, holistic effort to create a certain image or to convey, honestly or otherwise, a certain lifestyle or set of priorities. It exists in isolation to a lot of preferences that might otherwise be associated with it. It is a reflection of a joy I get from obsession and very little else. In most of my tastes, I'm pretty modest. I like simple food. Regardless of how much money I make in the future, I have no desire to live in anything larger than a 3 bedroom house (I do intend on purchasing my parents' house, which is around a hundred years old in a historic district, but even were I not, anything larger than 3 bedrooms for a family with one kid (that's the plan) seems excessive). No interest in fancy cars. No interest in watches. The high life holds little to no appeal to me.
I guess the only other thing I would spend money on are things associated with interior design. I've already spent several thousand dollars on art (probably unusual for someone my age? I don't know) and will probably put a lot of money towards nice/interesting furniture throughout my lifetime.
This is probably a product of my Quaker upbringing, though more likely a product of my parents' values, as my parents were not born Quakers but joined the religion as adults as Quaker values aligned with their own.
Edit: Even for a dandy, I'm pretty boring and reliable in how I dress.post #8526 of 375377/8/14 at 4:29ampost #8527 of 375377/8/14 at 5:15ampost #8528 of 375377/8/14 at 5:46ampost #8529 of 375377/8/14 at 5:49ampost #8530 of 375377/8/14 at 6:36amQuote:Buy it!Originally Posted by The Noodles
Thr days when Hondas ruled are long gone. Nowadays, theyre just boring but reliable cars. If you dress the way you do, an Accord will not complememt you for sure. I think you should get an Acura TL at the least but thats just my opinion.
I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima but my wife wants a BMW X5. Thats a lot of suits that I will be sacrificing...
What do you guys think of these ties
http://www.chippneckwear.com/rust-grenadine-tie/post #8531 of 375377/8/14 at 6:41ampost #8532 of 375377/8/14 at 6:49ampost #8533 of 375377/8/14 at 6:59am
posted up in one, have not worn the other.Quote:
huge plus one. my parents had beater cars for a loooong time. mostly station wagons, then a weak old mini van, and the first "nice" cars we ever had as kids were the new honda civics they leased (2 leases in a row). my dad drives a CRV now.
since i got married, i have had 3 hondas. a red accord coupe that i wrecked by rear ending a scrap metal truck, and the accord v6 sedan and pilot that we have now. love em. absolutely love hondas.Quote:
you know i luv ya, but this is absurd. truly.
solid reply from clags. i would say i relate to that, there are certain aspects of "the high life" that do very much appeal to me, and others that do not appeal to me at all. i do not think there is any way to say that wanting a fancy car is more commendable or sensible than wanting fancy furniture or art, or visa versa for that matter. they are all extras in life, and some things appeal to some people, and other things to other people.
the point being, that just because a person may indulge in one area, does mean that not indulging in another area is uncomplimentary, or beneath him.post #8534 of 375377/8/14 at 7:04am
I'm a car guy - always have been. One of the hardest things for me about moving is parting with the two that I own. That said I'm into cars because I like driving and I like autos as pieces of machinery - I agree that (within reason) one should not view a car as a way to project personality or values. The status symbols associated with cars are the worst kind because unlike clothing or watches or art or houses or any number of other things they're tied directly to the price tag and not to any taste or discernment on the part of the owner.
And a big +1 on the Honda Fit callout above. If I was ever in the market for an econobox then it would definitely be a Fit with a 5-speed. Little high-revving go-kart.post #8535 of 375377/8/14 at 7:06amGoing back a second to the Howard Yount pants. As much as I like them and the price was good, I'm not too crazy about the low rise of them, even in the American cut it still seems to low for me. Get off my lawn ok!
Kulata, both ties look very nice. I love the colors. Have you ordered from them before? How is the make on them?
And jumping to cars for a second, because I'm a car nerd. Hondas - will run 4 eva! I used to love my VW's, I had a slew of GTI's/R32's but those were in my single days before a mortgage and they could get costly, they're fun though. Nowadays I've given Hyundai a shot. Korea Represent!! My work car is a boring elantra but it's crazy reliable and great gas, great stereo etc. I put 30,000 miles a year on my cars so it fits me perfect for that. My wife wanted a small car and picked up an accent that I think is a pretty sweet little hatchback (I love hatches and wagons). I wish I could one day be in an Audi RS6 or something but I know I would get too many tickets or kill myself. I need to drive a somewhat boring/slower car so I don't get into trouble.
Mocha Bronze Hyundai! (Click to show)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Cigars 18 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 30 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway