or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 548

post #8206 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post


That wearer doesn't pull of the jacket correctly because everything else is wrong.

Please show us how it's done then...
post #8207 of 37439
Kira, a bad/overly loud jacket is just that. No grounding with other items will change that. Sure there are great FU items, like loud windowpanes and stripes and checks, but a bright green jacket, will always be a "bold" look, and there is no way to disguise that.
post #8208 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post


Please show us how it's done then...

 

Okay.

 

Remove the glasses and use darker colors to counterbalance the pastel jacket.

 

@Monkeyface, I have a similar jacket like that. I don't wear it anymore because it's SB. So, it's waning.

 

 

Anyways, this has been discussed ad nasueam now. It's time to move on to something else. I only posted the jacket just to see what people thought of it.

 

@in stitches, acknowledged.

post #8209 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post

That wearer doesn't pull of the jacket correctly because everything else is wrong.


actually, that braddock fit is spectacular. green jacket, unlike yours, is not too loud, and has a muted not flat texture, and its paired perfectly. if you are going to do a solid green jacket, you would do well to follow braddocks lead.
post #8210 of 37439
Though you could do with one pair of glasses less wink.gif
post #8211 of 37439

I think we want to see an actual fit from Kira instead of all this talk. 

post #8212 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


actually, that braddock fit is spectacular. green jacket, unlike yours, is not too loud, and has a muted not flat texture, and its paired perfectly. if you are going to do a solid green jacket, you would do well to follow braddocks lead.

 

Looks like Turquoise to me. It's probably the glare from the sun. Also, you're setting up a strawman: I never stated that the jacket was bad at all actually. It was everything that was paired with it.

post #8213 of 37439

@The Noodles, no unfortunately. My cell has a poor camera.

 

 

post #8214 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Regarding navy blazers, I think 2 is enough for normal people. For me, the 3 I own do not seem quite enough. I think 5 is a good number (linen SB, linen / wool DB, 11 ounce wool DB, 13 ounce wool SB and 16 or so ounce wool SB or DB, all with different buttons).


Yeah, I have 5: one 3/8 lined Isaia Aquaspider for the summer, traditional navy SBs in 2 and 3 button configs for 3 season wear, a DB from Epaulet, and a heavy flannel that I wish I had replaced with a NMWA jacket from the group buy. 

post #8215 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
 

 

Looks like Turquoise to me. It's probably the glare from the sun. Also, you're setting up a strawman: I never stated that the jacket was bad at all actually. It was everything that was paired with it.

 

You may be entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to find it fatuous.

post #8216 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

 

You may be entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to find it fatuous.


Considering that I never stated this at all, your argument backfires.

post #8217 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Though you could do with one pair of glasses less wink.gif

i assume the pair in his pocket are his regular eyeglasses, and he is wearing sunglasses. i hate progression lenses, so i can see the need for both in the summer, and a jacket pocket is the ideal storage place. if they are both sunglasses tho....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post

Looks like Turquoise to me. It's probably the glare from the sun. Also, you're setting up a strawman: I never stated that the jacket was bad at all actually. It was everything that was paired with it.

everything paired with that jacket in the braddock fit is excellent.
post #8218 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i assume the pair in his pocket are his regular eyeglasses, and he is wearing sunglasses. i hate progression lenses, so i can see the need for both in the summer, and a jacket pocket is the ideal storage place. if they are both sunglasses tho....
everything paired with that jacket in the braddock fit is excellent.

I don't like BD with ties, but that's is just a preference thing. I'm with Stitchy... everything about that fit is amazing. That is about as good of a summery look that you will find.
post #8219 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post



everything paired with that jacket in the braddock fit is excellent.

 

1. How? I just missed that the gorge is nearly on his shoulders. I don't like how it sits like that.

 

2. The collar isn't buttoned correctly. You see how it flaps? He just needs to re-button it.

 

3 I don't care for the knot, so let's agree to disagree.

post #8220 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
 

Considering that I never stated this at all, your argument backfires.

 

You never stated what? You mean:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
 

That wearer doesn't pull of the jacket correctly because everything else is wrong.

 

 

Anyway, enough of this banter....

 

 

Edit: LOL at this:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post

 

2. The collar isn't buttoned correctly. You see how it flaps? He just needs to re-button it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)