Sitting on a few bolts of fabric. Gave them a call and will probably be dropping off one at the MTM place. Will lower the pockets. Also adding pick stitching for shits and giggles. Because that's 20 bucks extra there. As opposed to 90 at B&T. Yeah, the pick stitching at B&T is going to be by hand. But so what?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 526post #7876 of 373656/24/14 at 4:44amThread Starterpost #7877 of 373656/24/14 at 4:55ampost #7878 of 373656/24/14 at 5:11ampost #7879 of 373656/24/14 at 7:42amso, basically, seems like clags is saying that BnT in not worth the price? you have to factor in that you are also paying for the experience and knowledge of the staff, the time of their labor, which due to simple supply and demand is a high value, and above all, you are paying for the experience of exclusivity and luxury of being a patron of BnT.
basically, they are not very different than zegna, or isaia.... they are a brand name, and brand names cost money. and as you know, i am perfectly fine with that, and think its fair and square as long as people are happy to be be paying for it.post #7880 of 373656/24/14 at 7:52amThread Starterpost #7881 of 373656/24/14 at 8:00ampost #7882 of 373656/24/14 at 8:02amThread Starterpost #7883 of 373656/24/14 at 8:23amQuote:
i have no doubt that that is true. but you are still paying for the BnT brand when you shop there. which makes me happy.post #7884 of 373656/24/14 at 8:30amThread Starter
Oh. That's absolutely true. It was one of the reasons that it was weird deciding not to get my next jacket there (it wasn't about not being able to afford it. It was about not thinking it was worth it). It's tough to accept that a brand preference was causing you to make economically irrational decisions (as in, while the B&T name was worth the extra money [(Pb&t - Pmtm) - WTPquality + WTPstyle = WTPbrand]* , I didn't want me to feel as if it worth it because, on a purely intellectual level, I thought that it wasn't worth it). And tougher still to overcome that preference. So yeah. Weird feeling.
*I like the style of the MTM a bit more, so that takes away a bit from the premium. I figure I'm paying for the increased in quality, the brand, and taking a hit on the style
Edited by Claghorn - 6/24/14 at 9:18ampost #7885 of 373656/24/14 at 8:45ampost #7886 of 373656/24/14 at 8:54ampost #7887 of 373656/24/14 at 9:13ampost #7888 of 373656/24/14 at 10:02ampost #7889 of 373656/24/14 at 10:29am
Close/scary encounter from yesterday.
My wife has some fashion app on her phone that is like SF, except that it mainly caters to women.
But yesterday, my wife was complaining about all the pictures of suits (she already hates suits cus of my addiction to SF).
So I looked at her phone to see what kind of pix she was complaining about and low and behold they were pix from Pitti Uomo!
Ipost #7890 of 373656/24/14 at 10:53amQuote:
I think Claghorn's query was more of the nature of how much more are you willing to pay for a marginal increase in quality. The same is often debated in shoe threads: are you willing to pay twice the price of Carmina for Edward Green, even though the quality of EG is only 1.1x as good? Seeing as Claghorn prefers the MTM style, he'd rather have 3 MTM jackets than 1 B&T jacket that is only slightly better quality and fit wise and has a worse style. Makes sense to me.
Everyone encounters these questions at some point int time. This was a recent question I had: Would I rather have 2-3 suitsupply suits that fit pretty well but have some drawbacks style and construction wise, or 1 Sartoria Partenopea that fits perfectly, is much better constructed and more stylish? That was of course an easy one, but I can imagine that if you move up in price, the difficulty of answering this question will also go up.
For example, would you rather have 3 Formosa's or 1 brand X that is slightly better in quality and fit?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The Uniqlo Thread 25 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 14 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 20 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 35 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Loake Aldwych Dark Brown Burnished Calf - UK8.5F 48 minutes ago
- › Tricker's Stow boot Accorn colour Commando soles UK7.5 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...