And I was just mentioning to Stitchy how I couldn't imagine a need to ever edit someone's post.....
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 502post #7516 of 373966/12/14 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #7517 of 373966/12/14 at 10:25ampost #7518 of 373966/12/14 at 10:26ampost #7519 of 373966/12/14 at 10:35ampost #7520 of 373966/12/14 at 10:40ampost #7521 of 373966/12/14 at 10:41am
^^I looked at that olive one and decided to get the rust because I have a couple of green wool ties but nothing in the rust range. I only had a chance to quickly try it out yesterday. It seemed like a typical Drake's knot for that weight fabric. Not skimpy at all. I prefer their 3.5" ties and the resulting knots, but rust seems hard to find, so I settled for 3.25".post #7522 of 373966/12/14 at 10:42ampost #7523 of 373966/12/14 at 10:55ampost #7524 of 373966/12/14 at 11:01am
@Rudals - I actually really don't like stiff collars. That collar is ironed, unlined, unfused, no collar stays. I don't like any of that. I just like the 'natural' feel of nothing in the collar. I'm starting to consider medium lining though.
The knot sucked - mah bad. I don't really think it's all that skinny though, its fairly typical of a 3.5.. The lapels are a bit wide. I like it. I'll keep an eye on it but I think the symmetry is fine there.
As for the PS, I have a cream linen! :-D Thought about wearing it.
@unbelragazzo - It's definitely a very white shirt. Was thinking of getting a 50/50 Linen/Cotton cream shirt. The tie is olive. Pictured with a brown linen tie here (as true to color as I can get, but it was tough.. it's close to brown/green). I liked the olive quite a bit. I usually float around blues, browns, burgundy and greens. Here's a link.. http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/356-olive-herringbone.html
Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
@mrjester I think you could do a white shirt with that tie, but you'd have to wear a different suit--something more summery, like a lighter blue linen. Even then, I think the color of the tie just doesn't work with white. Everyone seems to hate hearing it, but light blue would be better. I think cream might work. Also a brown stripe like this would be good.
Hot damn. Been looking for a shirt like that. Exactly like that. That looks like a linen brown stripe.. I'll look in to it!! Fully agree that that would look nice. Gracias, partner.
Definitely will work on the knot. I just slacked.
And that was originally the Foo Fold. But then I kind of twisted it so it's like you tuck in the ends, then fold it back towards your body instead of to the side. I'll play with it.post #7525 of 373966/12/14 at 11:19amQuote:
Some of us still remember the 1996-97 season.Quote:post #7526 of 373966/12/14 at 11:20ampost #7527 of 373966/12/14 at 11:23ampost #7528 of 373966/12/14 at 11:31ampost #7529 of 373966/12/14 at 11:46amQuote:
I think the entire ensemble needs to be mentioned.
Like, I've got off-white trousers and don't wear them with white, but I think it looks OK broken up with a darker belt, shoes, and light blue SC, or maybe even colors of green. But that's what I'd wear if I were to wear it at all.post #7530 of 373966/12/14 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I think the entire ensemble needs to be mentioned.
Like, I've got off-white trousers and don't wear them with white, but I think it looks OK broken up with a darker belt, shoes, and light blue SC, or maybe even colors of green. But that's what I'd wear if I were to wear it at all.
I ordered a white cotton/linen popover, so it would either be worn without a jacket at all or perhaps with a casual blue/navy/light grey SC, and probably loafers on my feet. I don't wear belts if I can help it, so the trousers have side adjusters and suspender buttons.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 9 minutes ago
- › Green/Black Buffalo Check Wool Jacket - Brando Style 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FS: Sandro White Button-Down Oxford Work Shirt Union Made Small 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway