i have the same one. its beautiful, drapes nice iirc, but defo on the thin side. here is an action pic:
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:35 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 49post #721 of 376721/29/14 at 9:54ampost #722 of 376721/29/14 at 9:56ampost #723 of 376721/29/14 at 10:02ampost #724 of 376721/29/14 at 10:36ampost #725 of 376721/29/14 at 10:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Would depend on what your wardrobe is like, I would suggest. A noodle-centric business wardrobe needs a different set of ties to a casual suit one. However, all else being equal, you don't need 30 to have a well-balanced tie collection, so the exercise is a bit pointless IMO. 10 is enough; beyond that number, it really doesn't matter what you get because you don't need to worry about balancing the collection any more; it's all just buying for fun rather than for need at that stage so why deploy a list?
And of the 10, 2 of those are "special event" ties, and another 2 are optional seasonal extras, so it's actually just 6. The first 4 mainly for suits or smart odd jacket outfits, the next two mainly for more casual odd jacket outfits.
Navy silk neat
Dark Green silk neat
Burgundy silk neat
Navy/burgundy (or navy/dark green) stripe
Navy wool or cashmere solid (for particularly wintry outfits)
Navy/white stripe (for particularly summery outfits)
Black grenadine or repp weave (for funerals)
Black bowtie (for black tie events)
10 is all someone needs. But what about someone who enjoys clothes (and therefore interested in buying more than 10 ties) but views ties like I view shoes (a necessity of the hobby but not a pleasure)
Does. Not. Compute.
(But seriously; if you enjoy clothes but not ties & shoes, you can still put together an infinite variety of high quality looks with a very restricted number of ties/shoes. In fact, the money you'd save by not buying more ties & shoes could be diverted to clothes, making variety still easier to achieve. Of course, the more ties & shoes you have, the bigger infinity (not really a contradiction) of permutations, but if you don't much like ties & shoes, then I can't see why that bigger infinity would be desirable to you).
Re: the later question re: size of tie collection - I don't really know, but suspect somewhere in the 70-100 range. I wear each at least once a year but there's probably several dozen I could effortlessly do without and another couple of dozen I wouldn't miss much. But it's kind of nice to have all of them there, just in case I fancy wearing a particular one.
Re: watches - that's one interest I really don't get. I have 2 relatively cheap ones (a Longines automatic for smart outfits; a quartz Seamaster for casual ones and for travelling) and have zero interest in acquiring more. I think you need to be a bit of a mechanical engineering type of guy to get collecting watches.post #726 of 376721/29/14 at 10:42am
so we not doing that in here then?
btw, SB, as you requested, i found the pics that got deleted from that thread. no easy task among the over 5800 pics in my phone.
ill repost them together with what my line up now looks like sometime in the next few days.post #727 of 376721/29/14 at 10:42ampost #728 of 376721/29/14 at 10:59amQuote:
THAT. IS. SEX.post #729 of 376721/29/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
mimo, I think you'd be shocked at how little I've spent on my wardrobe. To give you some idea, with the exception of one lounge suit and my dinner clothes, the most I've spent on a suit is $255. MTM is an expenditure I struggle to rationalize. With two kids and a couple of relatively expensive hobbies outside of clothes, it would really be pushing it.
That's incredible, considering the number of times you've mentioned some designer label or other. You must be a black belt in discounts and sale-spotting. Respect - I also have a strong aversion to paying full price. Anyway, I get how that changes the perspective on MTM - if you're getting your RL suit for $250 instead of $1000, and it fits you so nicely, then you are very much in the wisdom zone.
What are your expensive hobbies? I'm curious.post #730 of 376721/29/14 at 11:14ampost #731 of 376721/29/14 at 11:35ampost #732 of 376721/29/14 at 11:47ampost #733 of 376721/29/14 at 11:48ampost #734 of 376721/29/14 at 12:01pmpost #735 of 376721/29/14 at 12:54pm
Ok, busy lunch break looking at ties...
So many different types of Grenadine at Sam Hober
I'm definitely going to get a Burgundy or Dark Red, Forest Green and Navy Grenadine. I just need to decide how big the texture/Grenadine should be. IE:
They have some nice Macclesfields at Sam Hober too, thoughts?
Is this Henry Carter too bright? I really like the green.
I'm eyeing this HC as well. It's not as blue when you zoom in on their site
I'm leaning towards this Panta, even though I really want the green one.
Thoughts on this one from Epaulet?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Cigars 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...