Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 467post #6992 of 373656/5/14 at 6:35amQuote:Originally Posted by kulata
Noodles while you are waiting for the Formosas and since you are itching to buy a suit so bad. Why not diversify your wardrobe a bit with suit supply? This is a DB with wide lapels and you should try the 40L or 42L
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.
Here's a question for you. That link above is to a DB suit. What would your argument be for or against this Formosa?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #6993 of 373656/5/14 at 6:38ampost #6994 of 373656/5/14 at 6:41ampost #6995 of 373656/5/14 at 6:41ampost #6996 of 373656/5/14 at 6:56ampost #6997 of 373656/5/14 at 7:00am
That was going to be my response but....I think he needs to replace some staples. That isn't something you can wear every week or even every other week.
Rudals, if you have the cash and are good with something you can wear monthly...and if it would be appropriate in your office....by all means, get it. It is a beauty.post #6998 of 373656/5/14 at 7:10am
Currently, all my suits need to be towed away to Salvation Army. I cannot believe all are bad fitting.
I need to slowly build up my staple suits but I have the mind set of get one nice one instead of 10 mediocre ones. I like the Formosas.
But what kind of physique would be able to carry that DB?
I thought you had to be tall and bulky.
This will drive Greg nuts but I will order a 40r and try it on.post #6999 of 373656/5/14 at 7:19amMurl does make a good point about versatility. Do people in your office wear DBs? I think if you feel comfortable in one, you could carry it off more often, especially for high level meetings! I don't see that it has to be a once a month thing, but it does elevate the level if formality.post #7000 of 373656/5/14 at 7:25am
Level of Formality?
1) 3 piece
3) 3 button
4) 2 button
5) Sports coat
I can get by with a DB. We can dress HOWEVER we like but it has to be a suit. That's the only requirement. I think this can be a once a month suit too.
For sizing, is everyone fine with ordering a 50r/40r? Actually, that's the only one left. LOLpost #7001 of 373656/5/14 at 7:26amThread Starterpost #7002 of 373656/5/14 at 7:30ampost #7003 of 373656/5/14 at 7:31am
I use the amount of shirt visible as a rough guide to gradation of formality. I don't work in CBD environments, but if there are others around you who wear DBs on a more regular basis, then you should. Of if you are becoming the go to person for style in your office, then definitely do it! Why have a beautiful suit like that if you only wear it once a month...and why wear it only once a month? Rock it!
You should read this:
It also shows Vox's quick wit and level of understanding of things, and thus, why so many people say he is missed in these parts.post #7004 of 373656/5/14 at 7:37amNoodles, the DB is a distraction. It's not more formal, but it's more memorable because it's not worn much anymore. In your small rotation, it will be noted every time you wear it.
Patience, grasshopper. The Formosa is lovely, but if you need a suit, and they aren't available for months, then find something else. Make the Formosa your second suit when it's available. It's not the only game in town.post #7005 of 373656/5/14 at 7:41amGood read Tweedy Prof. Rudals I would hold off on DB for now. Once you get a solid platform of SB's and feel good about them, then dip into a DB. I'm trying to do the same. I know it's difficult. I adore a nice peak lapel db with some roped shoulders at the moment, but I also realize I have other bigger holes to fill.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Tagliatore Barry mac coat light khaki IT 48 R 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...