Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 428post #6407 of 375375/27/14 at 6:44ampost #6408 of 375375/27/14 at 6:51amQuote:
What is your fave colorway for that square. I waffled a few times on it, never kopped tho.post #6409 of 375375/27/14 at 6:52amThread Starterpost #6410 of 375375/27/14 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Rudals, how did I do with your translation?
Very well. Judging by the final edit, it appears Mrs. Clags did most of the work. Very nice.post #6411 of 375375/27/14 at 7:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
They seem pretty garish, even for a pocket square.
Rudals, how did I do with your translation?
Thank you for the interview and all your replies in that thread. I've been wanting to know more about them ever since discovering their tumblr/Instagram/website, and I suspect many others feel the same way. Stuff like that is what makes this forum so great. The Rudals thread has also become by far my favourite thread, so thank you all for making that possible.
Btw, I ordered the hat and I'll post a pic when it arrives. Let's see if I can pull it off.post #6412 of 375375/27/14 at 7:52am
I think the Noodles Thread has turned out to be a great helpful thread for a lot of people.
I was just not ready to hang out in WAYWRN and my questions and comments annoyed the heck out of a lot of people before the Noodles Thread.
I am very thankful to @Claghorn for creating this thread so that I can ask all the questions I want while saying all the dumb stuff that I say.
By the way, I believe this is what gave birth to the Noodles Thread.
A $4,000 Isaia suit paired with that $200 Zegna tie (All returned for full refund "Thank the LAWD"). I knew not what I was doing. I am still learning though.post #6413 of 375375/27/14 at 7:58ampost #6414 of 375375/27/14 at 8:00amQuote:
I can never wait for the delivery these days, I'm down to the Fedex/UPS/DHL place as soon as I see it's cleared customs!
Agreed. As a fellow massive bonce, it's difficult, and I can't say I have any "proper" hats these days. But I toyed with a panama a few days ago, and it's a matter of proportion just like ties or lapels or buttoning points: I guess the thing is to just try a lot on and see what you like. I had a felt fedora about twenty years ago that I loved - quite a statement as a very young man. Kind of wish I'd kept it.Quote:
Apart from the price, I quite liked that suit. But yes, I'm glad you now have a place you can concentrate your annoyance. :)post #6415 of 375375/27/14 at 8:04amQuote:
Uh...I hope there's nothing tall around you.
Boy, that could have been one crazy and costly mistake that I would have had to live with.
I guess I just didn't know much about suits so I just thought buying something expensive would get me there. I believe Isaia makes fine suits but that suit just was ill-fitting and had way too much sheen on it. It was...Super 150 or above. I am sure it is a great suit for someone out there, but not for me.post #6416 of 375375/27/14 at 8:08ampost #6417 of 375375/27/14 at 8:09amYeah, I like a lot of what Isaia does but I probably wouldn't keep a Super 150's from any maker in my regular rotation. I don't think those types of suits are meant to be worn weekly - they probably wrinkle easier and break down faster due to the fineness of the cloth.
I was in my local Neiman Marcus the other day and some saw pretty killer Isaia windowpane SC's, but at equally killer prices. Same goes for some Kiton stuff that looked and felt amazing. Ain't nobody got time for that.post #6418 of 375375/27/14 at 8:16amQuote:Originally Posted by TM79
Yeah, I like a lot of what Isaia does but I probably wouldn't keep a Super 150's from any maker in my regular rotation. I don't think those types of suits are meant to be worn weekly - they probably wrinkle easier and break down faster due to the fineness of the cloth.
I was in my local Neiman Marcus the other day and some saw pretty killer Isaia windowpane SC's, but at equally killer prices. Same goes for some Kiton stuff that looked and felt amazing. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I've not gone back to the store ever since I ran out like a little girl after returning that Isaia suit because I feared they would change their mind. LOL
Yes, it was smooth like a <fill in the blank> but it just wrinkled very easily. I needed suits that I can wear on a weekly basis and that suit was perfectly the wrong choice, given the fabric type.post #6419 of 375375/27/14 at 8:17amQuote:
Super 150 fabric wrinkles less easily than coarser stuff---in fact, in my experience it hardly wrinkles at all. Whether it breaks down faster depends on what you subject it to, of course. But wearing it to the office on a regular basis should not be a problem.post #6420 of 375375/27/14 at 8:23am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Cigars 18 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 29 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 30 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway