or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 397

post #5941 of 37396
@Rudals I think the Hallam is right for you from those two. That said the West' is superb but as others have said a little too stand out. I can empathise with that from personal experience. I think it's an important colour to have though, think navy SC and grey troos....

I'd urge you to look at Belgrave and Courtenay (both HG). Or why not go for the Edgware? Same colour but just provides a different look, different detail. Same last as you're used to. Just a thought friend.

post #5942 of 37396
fawk those are pretty...
post #5943 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

@Rudals I think the Hallam is right for you from those two. That said the West' is superb but as others have said a little too stand out. I can empathise with that from personal experience. I think it's an important colour to have though, think navy SC and grey troos....

I'd urge you to look at Belgrave and Courtenay (both HG). Or why not go for the Edgware? Same colour but just provides a different look, different detail. Same last as you're used to. Just a thought friend.

Thank you Cleav. 

I always thought a navy blue suit with a pair of browns in the shade that is similar to those of Westbourne looked very nice. It looked like they knew how to dress. But the shoes just stood out a lot. 

 

For the shoes that you have a pic for, I have not acquired a taste for something with embroidery. 

post #5944 of 37396
Dood, shirts are embroidered...shoes have broguing.
post #5945 of 37396

I'm ordering another MTM suit from Kent Wang and thought I would ask here for recommendations on changes to make for the second suit.  For purposes of evaluating length, the side profile picture is the most accurate as to length.  I have a few modifications in mind, but am curious if anyone else here has additional thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit:  Wow, did not realize how dark these turned out, despite using the new camera and natural light.  Apologies, will retake pictures tomorrow.


Edited by New Shoes1 - 5/20/14 at 11:35am
post #5946 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Dood, shirts are embroidered...shoes have broguing.

The Westbournes he likes are brogued. I assume he does not care for medallions on the toe.
post #5947 of 37396

That is pretty low guys. I was talking to Patrizio about putting the brown tie below aside for 1-2 days until my bank stops messing with my card (can't do any transactions at the moment for some technical reasons). He said he would do it gladly. So I wrote the post below saying I took the last one. 30 minutes later Patrizio emails me and says that he's very sorry but that someone has purchased the tie he was about to hold for me while he was about to take it off of the website.

 

The question is, who took it?! Gaaah!!! Must have been someone reading the thread. There just isn't such coincidence. In case you regret your purchase, please contact me as I will gladly take it off your hands. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

 

I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last one (5-fold). Sorry about that.

Purchased it together with http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/images/Twill-silk-ZZE3.jpg (the same tie as Conrad Wu stocks, but since I'm not fond of 8cm ties I went with Cappelli's version).

post #5948 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post


For the shoes that you have a pic for, I have not acquired a taste for something with embroidery. 

Pleasure Doodals, I think you may need to look a little closer as it is a different aesthetic that gives you more flexibility. You takes your choice man of course just saying.

I'd also take a look at Murls post on Rock your Socks thread, if only for the 'embroidery'! facepalm.gif
post #5949 of 37396

Advertising "I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last one..." does sound like something of a challenge to all-comers - the combination of crowing, scarcity, and doubt might make it irresistible for someone to check if there is indeed a last one.  But it wasn't me - pity!

post #5950 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Dood, shirts are embroidered...shoes have broguing.

:rotflmao:

post #5951 of 37396
Thanks for the compliments, Cleav....here and the "Rock" thread.
post #5952 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Advertising "I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last one..." does sound like something of a challenge to all-comers - the combination of crowing, scarcity, and doubt might make it irresistible for someone to check if there is indeed a last one.  But it wasn't me - pity!

I guess you're right, but to my defense Patrizio said it was off limits for others. I guess I'll contact my bank and have a Rudals-like conversation with them.

post #5953 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

Thank you Cleav. 

I always thought a navy blue suit with a pair of browns in the shade that is similar to those of Westbourne looked very nice. It looked like they knew how to dress. But the shoes just stood out a lot. 

 

For the shoes that you have a pic for, I have not acquired a taste for something with embroidery. 


Navy suit and brown shoes today:

post #5954 of 37396

I've got this Cappelli incoming (and 4 others). I wanted a warmer brown tie.

 

post #5955 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Dood, shirts are embroidered...shoes have broguing.

Never know... could be branching out:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)