or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 385

post #5761 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

What the ephh @Rudals?

If you didn't like the cut of the grey zegna suit and thought it was "too baggy," you're DEFINITELY not going to like a Formosa. Neither is skin tight like you say you prefer...

I am getting a 38R Formosa. 

I didn't like the color/shade/pattern of the Zegna. 

I want suits with wide lapels. I am done with narrow lapels. 

I don't want skin tight suits, I just got fat. 

 

So is are Formosas just really FULL?

post #5762 of 37395
I think the 38 might work for him in this case. The chest are shoulders of Formosa are a little bigger than most 38s.
post #5763 of 37395
So are you selling all of your suits or just the grey Zegna?

The latter option would make very much sense since it's your best fitting suit...

I think I'm about to give up on giving suit advice to noodles.... he doesn't want to hear it, regardless of the true measurements. Anything "38r" and he's set on that already.

Noodles, if you're keeping that navy zegna in 38, then facepalm
post #5764 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

I think I'm about to give up on giving suit advice to noodles.... he doesn't want to hear it, regardless of the true measurements. Anything "38r" and he's set on that

I agree. Rudals, I still think you need to go get measured by Fields or have you wife do it...at least get a rough ballpark. Everything you purchase should be based on measurements...all the time. Always.
post #5765 of 37395

I thought Noodles was going to order a 38 and a 40 to see which fit best.  What happened to this idea?

post #5766 of 37395

Okay, I am not some close minded idiot who lives in a box. 

Just here me out. 

I CAN SEE that 38R is not fitting me currently. I can see the pull when I button up. 

But here is why I don't want to go 40R in Zegna (I have 40R in RLBL) is because it is too big. 

Now, if you all say it fits right then I am sure that I am wrong. 

But when people around me tell me that the grey suit  doesn't look good on me and say it is too big, then I think the best thing to do is to ditch it. I was going to say that I might be a 39R but you all have said that 40R is the best fitting suit, then I believe you guys. 

I am selling the suit, NOT particular for the size issue. I just don't like the colours. 

I am not stubbornly holding onto 38R. When I went to Zegna store, I tried on 40R and it fit me very well. (I think I posted pix here). 

Anyways, the reason why I think I should go 38R for Formosa is because of the measurements. 

Their 38R measurements are very similar to the grey 40R. And the pants that come with 38R are 34. I am 31 or 30 in waist size. 

If I go 40R for Formosa, I think the waist size jumps up to 36 or 38

post #5767 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

I thought Noodles was going to order a 38 and a 40 to see which fit best.  What happened to this idea?

I am just gonna go visit Greg when I visit NYC. 

post #5768 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

Anyways, the reason why I think I should go 38R for Formosa is because of the measurements. 

That's what I like to hear. Like I said a minute ago, in this case, I think the 38 might work well. If you're going in person, you'll know soon enough.
post #5769 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


That's what I like to hear. Like I said a minute ago, in this case, I think the 38 might work well. If you're going in person, you'll know soon enough.

Lol - I actually compared the measurements of the grey Zegna suits to those of 38R Formosa. The shoulders, which I believe is one very important measurement, is right there with the grey suit. 

 

another lol at the fact that I forgot that my mother used to be a tailor so I don't know why I didn't think of asking her for advises. 

post #5770 of 37395

Well, hope it works out - it's a great looking suit.  Also, you need bigger lapels to balance your fat head.  Works for me, I think.

post #5771 of 37395
Awesome. If you don't love those suits, we have problems way beyond anyone's ability to repair. I'm ordering another one today...happy days.
post #5772 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Well, hope it works out - it's a great looking suit.  Also, you need bigger lapels to balance your fat head.  Works for me, I think.

Fat head and the fact that I love wide lapels! :slayer:

Shoot, I really have hard time finding sunglasses that fits my fat head. 

post #5773 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Awesome. If you don't love those suits, we have problems way beyond anyone's ability to repair. I'm ordering another one today...happy days.

which one??? :bounce2:

 

This suit is gonna be beast. 

post #5774 of 37395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

Their 38R measurements are very similar to the grey 40R. And the pants that come with 38R are 34. I am 31 or 30 in waist size. 
If I go 40R for Formosa, I think the waist size jumps up to 36 or 38

Keep in mind that I believe those are actual measurements of the pants themselves rather than the waist size they are intended to fit. If you haven't already, measure some pants that fit you the way Greg does with the NMWA stuff; I think you'll find the trouser waistband measurement on the outside of the trouser is a bit larger. I'd agree that if you are a 31 in waist size, the pants from a 38R Formosa are more likely to fit you. In any event, I think visiting Greg when you are in NYC next and getting his thoughts is probably a good idea.
post #5775 of 37395
Single breast H&S plaid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)