Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 383post #5731 of 375365/16/14 at 7:15ampost #5732 of 375365/16/14 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I know shantung is a summer fabric, but I don't think you should necessary restrict yourself from wearing it in Spring and Fall, particularly if it's an earthy color.
This CW would go well with that jacket.
and I think this could be worn well into the fall (shibumi)
Thanks, Claghorn. I just ordered the Shibumi. Although I didn't mention it, I've also decided I need a few more brown ties, too, so it's perfect in that respect as well. It'll work with a number of my jackets, so it kills a number of birds with one stone.
Acpost #5733 of 375365/16/14 at 7:58amThread Starter
The best kind of buy is the deadly buy. Especially if it involves dead birds. Generally this is my philosophy...I buy to fill as many roles as possible. As long as I don't keep refilling the same roles, it works well. Though I do end up with a lot of shades of blue in terms of jackets.
Got the fabric at a hefty discount from them as it was the last they had in stock and they were trying to move itpost #5734 of 375365/16/14 at 8:12ampost #5735 of 375365/16/14 at 8:15amQuote:
thisQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Heavy downpour. No dress socks. Hence... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the rain suck tho, so im wearing gray uniqlo jeans, beater suede bucks by AS and ribbed navy socks.Quote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Items that will be purchased first thing next week to "upgrade" my wardrobe. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
good stuff, but ditch the prada shades for persols, ray bans or even TFs.Quote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Can someone recommend me some good belts?
farnese from no man walks alone. thank me later.
eff you and the jacket you rode in on, clags.post #5736 of 375365/16/14 at 8:17ampost #5737 of 375365/16/14 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Can someone recommend me some good belts?
http://www.malfordoflondon.com/avi-rossini/6599-avi-rossini-850-black-soft-leather-tubo-belt-adjustable.htmlpost #5738 of 375365/16/14 at 8:21ampost #5739 of 375365/16/14 at 8:40ampost #5740 of 375365/16/14 at 8:54amQuote:
I wonder if the first one is CBD. It looks somewhat casually to be wearing with suit. Tell me if I am wrong.post #5741 of 375365/16/14 at 8:56amThread Starterpost #5742 of 375365/16/14 at 8:59ampost #5743 of 375365/16/14 at 9:00am
Black belts with navy blue suits are fine but I wonder if brown will "pretty up" the CBD look.
I already have a black Hallam and I am happy with it. Maybe I'll get the brown one now and get the brown Westbourne.
I think going with Westbourne will diversify my shoe collection more just because it 'looks' different.post #5744 of 375365/16/14 at 9:01amQuote:
regular brown will be bad? Clag says it will be too brown. I am fine with that.
Shoes and belt colours should match, right?
price is not an issue.
If wife wants to shell out $5k on her master bedroom furniture with flowers on everything then I can do whatever with 'our' money.post #5745 of 375365/16/14 at 9:15am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Pierrepont Hicks x Red Wing 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing x Pierrepont Hicks 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › BNWT $5000 Ralph Lauren/Purple Label Made in Italy Lambskin-Leather... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...