or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 368

post #5506 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

I do 38R for Zegnas but everyone here screams at me for wearing one size too small. My waist size is 30/31. If the Formosa is cut traditionally and not tapered then I believe I should go with 38R. I will have shoulders and etc measured today and see where I fit. But looking at the pants size for 40R, it was like 34~36. That means I would have to do mad alterations on them. 

 

Hi M - I replied to your PM.  Traditional vs "tapered" isn't really a useful terminology for suit/jacket cuts - unless you're referring to the trousers only here?

 

Secondly, most people do not know the measurements of their trousers - that's a proven fact after hundreds and hundreds of customer service Q&A.  That's not to say you don't (you may) but it's better to check.  Take trousers that fit you well, lay them flat on a table, buttoned, with the waistband completely flat (not curved), and measure it from end to end. Multiply by two - that's your reference point

post #5507 of 37396
My waist is a 31 and my Formosa pants are from a 48, jacket is 52. The pants fit perfectly in the waist, no alterations whatsoever. You have to take the shorter rise into account. It sounds like the 48 will be good for you, top and bottom. No risk...free shipping.
post #5508 of 37396
Check out Vanda for a beautiful navy/green blockstripe
post #5509 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Hi M - I replied to your PM.  Traditional vs "tapered" isn't really a useful terminology for suit/jacket cuts - unless you're referring to the trousers only here?

 

Secondly, most people do not know the measurements of their trousers - that's a proven fact after hundreds and hundreds of customer service Q&A.  That's not to say you don't (you may) but it's better to check.  Take trousers that fit you well, lay them flat on a table, buttoned, with the waistband completely flat (not curved), and measure it from end to end. Multiply by two - that's your reference point

YTM! :slayer:

I am so drawn to the 38R but I will take accurate measurements and see where I fit. 

Yes, I am a bit clueless as to what terminology to use. When I said "tapered," I was really asking if the suit has lines and curves that really fits to a person. I think of traditional as your Macys' fat/block/rectangular/etc suit. 

post #5510 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

do I go 38R???????
I want this and getting ready to pull the trigger. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
april18_277_1.jpg
You do know that I was kidding, biggrin.gif

you order 2 sizes and send back the one that does not fit.

i know. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

@Rudals: hahaha, thanks!

@in stitches: We might be talking about a different tie, but he posted on his thread about restocking it very soon. Just a heads up, might be worth waiting for if it's your favourite.

thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post



Among others...and I still don't know how to embed pics.


dude.

put the url between IMG tags. inser [ for {

{IMG} url {/IMG}
post #5511 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I do 38R for Zegnas but everyone here screams at me for wearing one size too small. My waist size is 30/31. If the Formosa is cut traditionally and not tapered then I believe I should go with 38R. I will have shoulders and etc measured today and see where I fit. But looking at the pants size for 40R, it was like 34~36. That means I would have to do mad alterations on them. 

Get a measuring tape and get to measure jrd's zegna jacket you are putting up for sale on ebay, make sure you follow the same approach gdl203 uses for his jackets. That's your best fitting jacket according to popular consensus and will get you closer to your ideal formosa fit.
post #5512 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

I'm only posting recs from NMWA and Henry Carter on this as gdl and Henry Carter are the only AV's that are really active in the community. Oh, and Shibumi and Panta. They coo

 

 

This will probably be my next tie. Which is a pretty strong endorsement. Because I never buy bad ties. I especially never buy thick, horizontally striped knits that are super hard to wear.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

This one is great!

post #5513 of 37396

Thanks @kulata

So all this time all my jackets were a size small???????

post #5514 of 37396

I think yes in lenght terms and don't know if the trousers need to be tapered or something like that, cause to me, it looks like if you have massive hips. Very narrow shoulders and massive hips. Don't get me wrong, Rudals, I know you are not fat but it causes that appeareance. Don't know why that is happening. Maybe camera angle? Or is it the jacket? Or the torusers?

post #5515 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

This one is great!


yes. yes it is.
post #5516 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


dude.

put the url between IMG tags. inser [ for {

{IMG} url {/IMG}

SIgh...yes you tried to help me before, but I ended up with this mess.

 

 

[IMG] vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/338-brown-striped-raw-silk.html [/IMG]

[IMG]http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/242-grey-blue-stripe-melange-in-silk-wool.html [/IMG]

http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/88-blue-oxford-repp.html

http://vandafineclothing.com/store/neckties/394-navy-brown-block-stripes.html

post #5517 of 37396

 

You have to copy the URL but the one that have the extension .jpg or .jpeg to insert them in between the [IMG].....[/IMG] the html url's don't work. :D

post #5518 of 37396
^this. Not all links will work. What internet browser do you use? Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox?
post #5519 of 37396
PAST (Pear shape) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



NOW (No pear shape)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


FUTURE (V-Shape)

Rudals doing 15 pullups and eating wife's food.
post #5520 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
 

 

You have to copy the URL but the one that have the extension .jpg or .jpeg to insert them in between the [IMG].....[/IMG] the html url's don't work. :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

^this. Not all links will work. What internet browser do you use? Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox?


Thanks guise

 

[IMG]vandafineclothing.com/store/338-1139-large-popup/brown-striped-raw-silk.jpg[/IMG]

 

Still doesn't work. Using Firefox

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)