Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 269post #4021 of 373653/31/14 at 10:52ampost #4022 of 373653/31/14 at 11:18ampost #4023 of 373653/31/14 at 11:24ampost #4024 of 373653/31/14 at 1:23pmpost #4025 of 373653/31/14 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
I like the first, second and third not as much. They're a little too much like ties. On the subject of gauzy grey-white wools, I like this one from Vanda:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
On the subject of pocket squares from Vanda that are still available, this one is a personal favorite:post #4026 of 373654/2/14 at 7:28ampost #4027 of 373654/2/14 at 12:59pm
This is exactly what I wore to the wedding.
This might not be SF compliant (if there is such a thing) but I tried with very limited time.
Father in-law wanted to buy me a suit.
Wife picked this one out and wanted me to wear this instead of a tuxedo.
I wanted this wedding to be all about her so I did as she wished.
I had no shirts or ties. So I was able to muster this $15 tie and a $80 shirt in an hour.
This was actually quite fun but shopping for clothes in a foreign country is just really challenging.
I had to work with a lot of unknowns but tried and made the best of it.
Shoes are my first C&Js.
NOTE(S): The first button on the jacket is way way too high. and this was a RTW suit and the only alterations done were on the pants.
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PS AND SORRY TO CLAGS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE IT. I HAD TO TAKE WIFE HOME AFTER THE DINNER. BUT THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!
Don't know where all the wedding pictures are but they're coming. Actual pic from the wedding.post #4028 of 373654/2/14 at 1:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
BUY RUDALS A DRINK
2nd to last is a fresco-ish (I think "fresco" actually refers to a specifcally to Minnis) and a blazer suit. In fact, #1, #7, and #8 are all blazer suits (though only #7 is meant to really function as a suit in terms of even approaching that level of business attire; maybe #8 as well).
Wide herringbone has been suggested and is definitely a top candidate. I'd also love to see if I or B&T can scrounge up something in houndstooth that resolves to solid fairly quickly.
How about this from tailorable, some sort of power suit which I don't see in your collectionpost #4029 of 373654/2/14 at 1:14pmpost #4030 of 373654/2/14 at 1:26pmpost #4031 of 373654/2/14 at 1:29pmQuote:
It was a bit challenging to put together that fit but I did my best. Thanks again for the bling bling, Stitchie. She tried on a ring size 4 and it still was big. She needs balancing beads or something.
I will get back to you as soon as possible on that other subject.post #4032 of 373654/2/14 at 1:36pmpost #4033 of 373654/4/14 at 12:56ampost #4034 of 373654/7/14 at 12:14pmWell the Cantarelli came in and I'm not sure what I think. First thing that jumped out at me was it was too short. Sleeve length is close maybe a little short. I have a fucked up right shoulder that throws all my fits off a bit. Thoughts? Salvageable? I tried to have the camera chest height to avoid weird angles but I can't get rid of my birthing hips no matter the angle.post #4035 of 373654/7/14 at 12:20pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 30 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Is this too tight? 37 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 38 minutes ago
- › Thrifted Hermes Tie - Was this widened? How to restore to original... 47 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...