Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 258post #3857 of 374283/25/14 at 5:54ampost #3858 of 374283/25/14 at 6:17amFiance is making me buy a suit in Korea. I am thankful but I feel like I am totally on my own since I don't know any local brands. My tailor just taught me how to look for fully canvassed. But can anyone give me some guidance on how to gauge the quality of fabrics?
Jacket length must cover my seat.
Lapels better be wide.
That's what I will be looking for.
Clags, buy a spanish blue.post #3859 of 374283/25/14 at 6:21amThread Starterpost #3860 of 374283/25/14 at 7:20ampost #3861 of 374283/25/14 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Thanks! I usually like to build a first layer with a little wax and apply it with my finger and rub it until it gets "dry". Then spary a few drops of weather and buff with a cotton cloth. Then apply a few layers of Crat's method. And finish with a… I don't know how it is called in English but I use like a lady sock (?) and give a final buff. Don't know why that brings a bit more of shine to the shoe.
Pantyhose? Like a thin nylon sock.
Clags - I vote blue herringbone as well. How wide are you talking when you say wide?
This seriously gets me fuzzy insidepost #3862 of 374283/25/14 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #3863 of 374283/25/14 at 7:46am
One thing you don't seem to have is an evening blazer. Something with some shine to it. Not that you can't wear these at night, but they aren't specifically for nighttime. I'd suggest velvet if you want to get something for cooler weather (or just something awesome), and a mohair or silk blend for warmer weather.post #3864 of 374283/25/14 at 7:47ampost #3865 of 374283/25/14 at 8:17amThread Starterpost #3866 of 374283/25/14 at 8:26ampost #3867 of 374283/25/14 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
BUY RUDALS A DRINK
Rudals is coming to Korea for his wedding, and I'm going out with Rudals this coming Sunday. If you'd like to buy him a drink, message me and I'll give you my paypal information. You can specify the drink. Any left over (I don't know how much individual drinks cost!) will be pooled together to buy more drinks for Rudals. I will upload each drink, as well as who it is from (if desired).
2nd to last is a fresco-ish (I think "fresco" actually refers to a specifcally to Minnis) and a blazer suit. In fact, #1, #7, and #8 are all blazer suits (though only #7 is meant to really function as a suit in terms of even approaching that level of business attire; maybe #8 as well).
Wide herringbone has been suggested and is definitely a top candidate. I'd also love to see if I or B&T can scrounge up something in houndstooth that resolves to solid fairly quickly.
So how much is for 5 shot of tequila? But nice tequila. First of all, no white tequila, that shit doesn't work. Second, something like Herradura Reposado. I want Noodals to taste somethin that make hm say: Damn you Betlegeuse!post #3868 of 374283/25/14 at 11:07ampost #3869 of 374283/25/14 at 11:11amQuote:
It is nice but it is white because it has less age years. When it is "Reposado" first it has more aging process and secondly, and I think most important, is that, it is 100% agave which is the plant from which the Tequila comes from. Sometimes white ones are not 100% from agave and they are going to give you some terrible headaches next morning.post #3870 of 374283/25/14 at 11:14am
@Rudals Plus one (if you get stoned, you might as well do it on the dope of your choice).
Make it a full round for @Claghorn (pls pm your pp to me) and you, though.
(Slight word of caution, I had borderline abomb poisoning at the end of last year's Oktoberfest. Beer, Scotch, Jaegermeister, Tequila, ... didn't become me...)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fox Brothers West of England Gunclub Check 2.5 metres 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli Tenero Sportcoat US38 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 39 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 44 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...