or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2480

post #37186 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander View Post

I can pinch more than 1" of fabric)

This is a terrible way to determine if your trousers are too baggy. You realize that if you reduce the leg to the point that you can only "pinch an inch" that you will only have 1/2 in of room on either side of your legs, right? As horrible as that sounds like it would look, I'd bet it would feel even worse. As for the waist, like I said, definitely get that taken in.
post #37187 of 37392

If you want, I'll pinch your inch for you. I have an expert tailoring degree obtained by reading the Esquire Encylopedia of Menswear cover to cover and collecting back issues of the Brooks Brothers magazine from the 1960s on eBay. I am also an expert student of JC Leyendecker homoerotic underwear advertisements so I am an expert in how the male anatomy is supposed to interface with fine bespoke threads.

 

Specifically I can tell you that one way to accentuate your features is to get the Ambrosi x Lululemon yoga pants, available exclusively at the Armoury and payable in ten easy installments of 999.99 paid to Mark Cho's dad's bank account in Kowloon.

 

post #37188 of 37392
This is fucking hilarious. That moving of your thread to R-rated area was such a bad move. Freedom always springs somewhere else.
post #37189 of 37392
God, those may go down in history as the worst pants ever. Truly, this is a prime example of having too many options at your fingertips.
post #37190 of 37392

I don't understand how the hallowed halls of the Armoury and the enlightened ruler Marcus Chorelius could allow this to happen. You'd think they almost want to just pocket customers' money instead of offering them a life changing sartorial curation experience. Or do you think the Ambroskis just get off on checking out suggestive butt articulation during fittings?

post #37191 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

I don't understand how the hallowed halls of the Armoury and the enlightened ruler Marcus Chorelius could allow this to happen. You'd think they almost want to just pocket customers' money instead of offering them a life changing sartorial curation experience. Or do you think the Ambroskis just get off on checking out suggestive butt articulation during fittings?

Your guess is as good as mine. I just do not understand why you would purposely aim to look like a ken doll. Also, the inspiration baffles me - sailor? I just have so many questions. And to think, those pentaloons cost approximately $1,200.00.
post #37192 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post


Your guess is as good as mine. I just do not understand why you would purposely aim to look like a ken doll. Also, the inspiration baffles me - sailor? I just have so many questions. And to think, those pentaloons cost approximately $1,200.00.

 

I'm sorry, but this is insulting to Ken dolls. They are much more handsome.

post #37193 of 37392

Sorry to interrupt the banter but:

 

What pairs better with charcoal trousers than with mid, mid-light, or light grey trousers? I am thinking of getting a pair of charcoal flannels and summer slacks made, but honestly feel like I'm just compulsively buying things for no reason because I like my mid and light grey trousers a lot and can't think of many practical uses for charcoal/dark gray trousers.

 

I grant that with a navy blazer, dark gray trousers would be a bit more sombre, but I feel like a) that's a small issue mid gray or light gray would still be fine and b) in those cases I can probably just wear a suit if I want to be sombre and more formal.

 

So I'm thinking of just skipping those.

 

That said perhaps if I have a particularly light shade jacket where it would wash out with light grey trousers, like a blue tweed that already has greyish tones, or similar with brown, then darker would be better? Feels like in those cases it's not particularly sombre, and I could just go to my cricket flannels or white/tan linen though.

post #37194 of 37392

Oatmeal/honey brown looks great with charcoal.

post #37195 of 37392

Right so like pale colors I suppose. How about these jackets:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Interestingly the 3 jackets I picked out based on that were all in outfits where I wore a dark olive twill for trousers. Makes sense I guess. Though now I wonder why not just go with olive twill? I guess charcoal would be more citified.

post #37196 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
but honestly feel like I'm just compulsively buying things for no reason

 

You're finally catching on to something the rest of us realized 100 of your posts ago!!

post #37197 of 37392

I'm sure I've made this joke before myself :rolleyes: Compulsively buying things/spending money is a noted characteristic of mania after all.

 

But unlike my other purchases, charcoal trousers seem to actually be well endorsed, so...

post #37198 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

You're finally catching on to something the rest of us realized 100 of your posts ago!!

Ugh. Sprout2 - maybe it's time for a little break? You had a good dig at Dieworkwear about 150 posts ago, but since then it's back to unfunny jokes. I really like this new performance of yourself on the internet (1 out of 150 is a big improvement) but take a little time to practice the performance before posting and your hit rate is going to shoot right up! I promise!
post #37199 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post


Ugh. Sprout2 - maybe it's time for a little break? You had a good dig at Dieworkwear about 150 posts ago, but since then it's back to unfunny jokes. I really like this new performance of yourself on the internet (1 out of 150 is a big improvement) but take a little time to practice the performance before posting and your hit rate is going to shoot right up! I promise!

 

Sadly, this is not a joke. Compulsively buying weird striped blazers and combinations no one has heard of suggests a more deep-seated longing, trying to fill an empty place in the soul. I suggest taking up hobbies, among them papercraft, bungee, and sex.

 

I can't practice my performance, I have performance anxiety. This is SF after all.

As for shooting up, that's something I know lots about.

post #37200 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
 

I'm sure I've made this joke before myself :rolleyes: Compulsively buying things/spending money is a noted characteristic of mania after all.

 

But unlike my other purchases, charcoal trousers seem to actually be well endorsed, so...

 

Charcoal trousers are the good shit my man.

 

What other manias do you have?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)