or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2396

post #35926 of 37396
I like the sozzi's symmetrical-ness. Some knits seem to have fairly random knit (or at least not and 'neat') of a look.
post #35927 of 37396
I'm with Academic. No knits for this fella.

The only time I'd feel comfortable wearing one are times where I'd rather be wearing a polo and shorts.
post #35928 of 37396

Hey Guys,

 

Anyone here wear invisible socks with their loafers?

 

Can anyone recommend a brand, if you know any Canadian companies that's a plus.

 

If not i'll go with christian kimbers.

 

Thanks guys,

Jason

post #35929 of 37396
Vans makes some that get the job done.
post #35930 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

Hey Guys,

 

Anyone here wear invisible socks with their loafers?

 

Can anyone recommend a brand, if you know any Canadian companies that's a plus.

 

If not i'll go with christian kimbers.

 

Thanks guys,

Jason

My favorite ones are from Smartwool.

post #35931 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Hey Guys,

Anyone here wear invisible socks with their loafers?

Can anyone recommend a brand, if you know any Canadian companies that's a plus.

If not i'll go with christian kimbers.

Thanks guys,
Jason

J Crew has served me well, but I'm not a connoisseur.
post #35932 of 37396

I use JCrew ( they often have 20-30% off sales as well)

post #35933 of 37396

If you could only have one pair of cuff links, which would it be? (I only have one FC shirt, and the pair I have now aren't cutting it)

post #35934 of 37396
You'd have to assess which works better for a watch collection, but, all things being equal, sterling silver knots.

Kent Wang sells them at shockingly affordable prices.
post #35935 of 37396
Either of these. I have the barbell (wearing them as I type this, in fact):




Available in sterling from Brooks Brothers.
post #35936 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


J Crew has served me well, but I'm not a connoisseur.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

I use JCrew ( they often have 20-30% off sales as well)

 

I'm a 10.5 US, which pairs do you guys get? Looks like some has some bad reviews with slippage.

post #35937 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post



I'm a 10.5 US, which pairs do you guys get? Looks like some has some bad reviews with slippage.

They're socks. I picked a pair that didn't look too weird and now I wear them. It's not exactly an expensive mistake if they don't work.
post #35938 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post


They're socks. I picked a pair that didn't look too weird and now I wear them. It's not exactly an expensive mistake if they don't work.

fair enough, been making a lot of shitty purchases

post #35939 of 37396

Aren't they one size? I'm a size ten, they work for me, not slippage. Got two of the white, two of the grey, and two of the black.

post #35940 of 37396

Virtually every invisible sock/ sockette i have tried have had slippage issues: from Falke to Marcoliani to J-crew to Gallo. I just gave up them all and now just wear terrycloth insoles or OTC linen and hemp socks.

 

Re Knits - i like the sozzi's. I have and like the Shibumi's and despite the 7.5cm advertised, it is 7cm. Now perhaps, this season is different and is true to size but the three or so i have are not 7.5cm. Then again, the same with the Cappelli's of which i have two, they are also not the 7.5cm advertised.

 

Now, i wear them happily but just FYI.


Edited by MrTRC - 4/26/16 at 5:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)