Why is she starting from scratch?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 240post #3586 of 374823/17/14 at 5:18amThread Starterpost #3587 of 374823/17/14 at 5:40ampost #3588 of 374823/17/14 at 5:54ampost #3589 of 374823/17/14 at 6:00ampost #3590 of 374823/17/14 at 6:40amThread StarterI'm the same age as her (or a year older?). If I throw away all my clothes will you replace them with bigger and better things? As a bonus, I will also not have sex with you until we are married ^^
That being said, I get it. Korean clothiers put zero emphasis on quality. It's assumed that you won't wear anything past the end of the season. I've lived in Korea for 5 years, and outside what has been made for me, I own absolutely nothing (minus shoes from Unipair) purchased from stores here.post #3591 of 374823/17/14 at 6:54amQuote:
i am teh sorry, but i do not love it.
rudals, not sure what exactly it is, but the pants do not look 100%. probably just your body shape not being perfect for those pants. most pants OTR are not perfect on most people.post #3592 of 374823/17/14 at 7:22ampost #3593 of 374823/17/14 at 7:29am
And WTF happened in WAYWRN? I took a two week break from it (unsubscribed) and darn it...bloody gray trousers and blue blazers everywhere when I got back.
I wore blue blazer and gray trousers the other night. Actually, not a beginners fit. Sure, a basic color combo, but the trick is to not look like a museum guard. Here, accessories, shoes, texture, tone etc is what you have to play with, and in the right way. There's a challenge, not a hugely difficult one, but if WAYWRN shows anything, it's that accessorizing is a challenge for many even after you get basic color combos down (challenge for me too).
[BTW, I'm not asking for comments on the people at issue in the blow out...do not want to pollute this thread with the remnants of the acrimony, just wanted to make a comment on the point about blue/gray].post #3594 of 374823/17/14 at 7:55amThread Starter
There was no acrimony. Just a single member and everyone else telling him that he's very wrong. Guy's a wingnut--though apparently an extraordinarily helpful one when it comes to thrifting--and nobody takes what he says seriously. Yet he does seem to get people to argue with him (me included).
And yeah, blue + gray just allows a lot more freedom than anything else. Super neutral, so you can do a lot of exploration with shirts, shoes, ties and squares. You could of course do that with other, less safe, combinations, but not only is that more difficult, even if you pull it off it'll end up looking very busy and difficult to appreciate or at least exceedingly try-hard.post #3595 of 374823/17/14 at 8:05ampost #3596 of 374823/17/14 at 8:08am
It's hard to not want to take up arguing; reading the thread, I felt the very strong urge to make comments. But best to just move on.
On the blue and gray, a good basis to start working on tie/PS/shirt combos. Personally, though, I prefer blue on top, beige, tan or brown with appropriate contrast on bottom depending on the season (not taupe, i.e. brown/gray). That is, something richer and more saturated. If gray, I like lighter gray as opposed to true mid gray.
Edit: light gray like the one's you just posted on WAYWRN...
Edited by TweedyProf - 3/17/14 at 8:29ampost #3597 of 374823/17/14 at 8:18amThread Starterpost #3598 of 374823/17/14 at 8:22ampost #3599 of 374823/17/14 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
I'm the same age as her (or a year older?). If I throw away all my clothes will you replace them with bigger and better things? As a bonus, I will also not have sex with you until we are married ^^
That being said, I get it. Korean clothiers put zero emphasis on quality. It's assumed that you won't wear anything past the end of the season. I've lived in Korea for 5 years, and outside what has been made for me, I own absolutely nothing (minus shoes from Unipair) purchased from stores here.
Clag, you are that young?! She was born in 1989. Dang you call me 형님 next time! LOL
Yes, she pretty much bought whatever looked good and they normally were cheap stuff. Think of...Foverever 21.
I think it will be fun shopping with her...only if I get to buy something too!Quote:
Will @ Field said that he see this problem a lot with OTR. I thought I just had flat butt.
Btw, I went to Tiffany's to get my ring size and while waiting asked for a ring with the same specs.
All I can say is that I am very thankful to you and let's give a little credit to Clags. But I'd rather shell out at NM on suits rather than spend a penny at Tiffany's. YUKQuote:
Yeah, I don't think I will let her buy crappy cheap stuff. But she keeps insisting that I need to stop buying brand name clothing and go for best bang for your bucks clothing. She's already appalled at NM prices.post #3600 of 374823/17/14 at 10:01amThread Starter
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 16 seconds ago
- › NIB Edward Green Galway UK 8.5 E / US 9 Navy Utah 57 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › $910 JM WESTON 9D Golf Derby Shoes New w/ Box,Bags 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gucci shirts from past seasons 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › SAINT LAURENT PARIS - F/W 14 HEART PRINT SHIRT 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...