or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2389

post #35821 of 37405
If La Spalla is too pricey, obviously Formosa is no bueno, so perhaps Lazio is in the offing.

That said, I've yet to see anything that looks better on you than the Formosas I've seen you wear
post #35822 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

If La Spalla is too pricey, obviously Formosa is no bueno, so perhaps Lazio is in the offing.

That said, I've yet to see anything that looks better on you than the 38R Zegnas I've seen you wear

 

Remember, the idea is to mess with Noodles and continue the Groundhog Day theme.  Hence, my correction to your post.

post #35823 of 37405

I unsubscribed from this thread months ago. I see nothing's changed

post #35824 of 37405
post #35825 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

For those who missed it, Noodles in a Lazio:


This is the la spalla.
post #35826 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

I unsubscribed from this thread months ago. I see nothing's changed

So you missed the entire point / value of subscribing to this thread. smile.gif
post #35827 of 37405

I've never met The Noodles but my gut feeling is that a lot of his very public angst and hand-wringing is a type of self-mockery.

 

Possibly some people don't get this. His neurotic self-absorption would get on anyone's nerves if it were 100% genuine, but I see it as more of an online persona.

 

One thing's for sure: it's highly entertaining. As long as it's not taken too seriously.

post #35828 of 37405
Hey guys, I had the pleasure of talking to one of the SF affiliates, @Leaves, a couple of months ago about his thoughts on style et c. It's in Swedish, but there is a Google translate function on the site. I hope this doesn't count as advertising (we don't make any money from this, yet). It's a site I've started up with Olof Nithenius (@Manolo), about well dressed Swedish guys. It's called svenskaherrar.se. If anyone's interested I could try translating some of the interviews we'll put there properly.
post #35829 of 37405

Groundhog Day participants, I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue Spring/Summer weight jacket from KW.  I'm looking for something sufficiently lighter than a navy blazer to distinguish it from my blazer, but dark enough to have some versatility and be suitable for casual and office settings.  I'm strongly leaning towards TRE1291 from the Drago Hopsack book below, but wanted to throw it out here for comments before pulling the trigger.  All the swatches are a lightweight hopsack weave.  Any thoughts?

 

post #35830 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

I've never met The Noodles but my gut feeling is that a lot of his very public angst and hand-wringing is a type of self-mockery.

Possibly some people don't get this. His neurotic self-absorption would get on anyone's nerves if it were 100% genuine, but I see it as more of an online persona.

One thing's for sure: it's highly entertaining. As long as it's not taken too seriously.

That's exactly how I read it.
post #35831 of 37405

1291 is a good call here.  I think I prefer 1289's more saturated blue, but you can't go wrong either way.  Please say smoked MOP buttons?!?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

Groundhog Day participants, I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue Spring/Summer weight jacket from KW.  I'm looking for something sufficiently lighter than a navy blazer to distinguish it from my blazer, but dark enough to have some versatility and be suitable for casual and office settings.  I'm strongly leaning towards TRE1291 from the Drago Hopsack book below, but wanted to throw it out here for comments before pulling the trigger.  All the swatches are a lightweight hopsack weave.  Any thoughts?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #35832 of 37405

It absolutely is an online persona according to himself. He has admitted as much. The problem is when he uses that as an excuse to be a douche. If you are going to be a douche it should at least be genuine. I should know.

post #35833 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Groundhog Day participants, I'm about to pull the trigger on a blue Spring/Summer weight jacket from KW.  I'm looking for something sufficiently lighter than a navy blazer to distinguish it from my blazer, but dark enough to have some versatility and be suitable for casual and office settings.  I'm strongly leaning towards TRE1291 from the Drago Hopsack book below, but wanted to throw it out here for comments before pulling the trigger.  All the swatches are a lightweight hopsack weave.  Any thoughts?


Advice? Go a shade darker than you think. I recently commissioned a lighter blue and while it's great, a shade darker would be more versatile.
post #35834 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

I've never met The Noodles but my gut feeling is that a lot of his very public angst and hand-wringing is a type of self-mockery.

 

Possibly some people don't get this. His neurotic self-absorption would get on anyone's nerves if it were 100% genuine, but I see it as more of an online persona.

 

One thing's for sure: it's highly entertaining. As long as it's not taken too seriously.

Ha! This topic has been covered before but a lot of people believed the way The Noodles behaved was how I behaved in real life. The Noodles definitely does not put much thoughts into his posts nor does he think of the consequences. Why? To put it bluntly, the heck do I care what people think of me here.

 

Anyways, I do hope to catch @Coxsackie in person some day. Came real close last year. 

post #35835 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Advice? Go a shade darker than you think. I recently commissioned a lighter blue and while it's great, a shade darker would be more versatile.

+1. @New Shoes1, this is good advice. Also keep in mind that anything that whatever you get is going to look even brighter in direct sunlight, which is more likely to be a factor in spring / summer. Not a big deal at the office, but if you wear it outside it becomes relevant. I do like the shade you picked out and think it's probably okay, but a shade darker might be good. We often underestimate how much difference even a slightly lighter shade of blue can make.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)