or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2354

post #35296 of 37396

With regard to the square, I'm pretty sure that you should be able to stuff it into the pocket so that the other three parts are down below the top of the pocket and only one quarter is showing. The tricky bit would be to get a decent "puff" with only one quarter but I'm sure it could be done, especially if you puff the other quarters below it and just make sure that the quarter you want to show is on the top. 

post #35297 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

With regard to the square, I'm pretty sure that you should be able to stuff it into the pocket so that the other three parts are down below the top of the pocket and only one quarter is showing. The tricky bit would be to get a decent "puff" with only one quarter but I'm sure it could be done, especially if you puff the other quarters below it and just make sure that the quarter you want to show is on the top. 

 

Yes, I've been working on the assumption that that was the maker's intention.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #35298 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

In my head, this sounds like it would look very odd. Anybody have a picture of a square worn this way? I only have a few solids so I can't experiment for myself.

post #35299 of 37396

Huh. OK, not what I was expecting. Just twist it loosely and stuff in both ends.

post #35300 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Pretty much
post #35301 of 37396
Aaron emailed me a few more swatch books, but the pickings are slim for a dark blue/navy suit containing linen. I found one linen navy that looks versatile, if a bit conservative, but still has a some visual interest going on. I'm not sure if I prefer it over the swatch I posted on here the other day, though.





Second swatch down in the first picture, or the new navy Irish linen? I'm still leaning towards the wool/linen blend from the first picture because it has more going on visually, but I am open to being persuaded towards the more solid navy option, especially since it would be the safer choice.

The new navy linen appears to have more visual depth than the bottom swatch in the first picture, but that could just be because of the quality of the photographs.
post #35302 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veremund View Post


Silk?

 

Yessir.

post #35303 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

exactly what I'm looking for :satisfied:

Better hurry.  Says low stock levels http://www.harrisonsofedinburgh.com/collections/w-bill/phoenix 

 

good news -  they're restocking next week

post #35304 of 37396

Due to some aspect of my anatomy, and the lack of funds to purchase bespoke suits, I have an issue with my sleeves. If they're the proper length to show my shirt cuff with my hands by my side, then when I extend my arm to any moderate degree, they pull up far enough to show my entire shirt cuff, and sometimes more. I have a suit where the sleeves aren't visible when relaxed, but then extending my arms yields a much more reasonable 0.5" of shirt, give or take. However, when I'm walking around, I am conscious of the fact that my sleeves look too long.

 

What to do? Tailor them for optimal appearance while standing or with arms bent?

post #35305 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Aaron emailed me a few more swatch books, but the pickings are slim for a dark blue/navy suit containing linen. I found one linen navy that looks versatile, if a bit conservative, but still has a some visual interest going on. I'm not sure if I prefer it over the swatch I posted on here the other day, though.





Second swatch down in the first picture, or the new navy Irish linen? I'm still leaning towards the wool/linen blend from the first picture because it has more going on visually, but I am open to being persuaded towards the more solid navy option, especially since it would be the safer choice.

The new navy linen appears to have more visual depth than the bottom swatch in the first picture, but that could just be because of the quality of the photographs.

 

See below as your options for linen with KW are about to increase.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

good news -  they're restocking next week

 

Even better news, the picture of the green Drapers wool/linen/silk fabric that started all of this may soon be available through Kent Wang.  Kent believes he may be able to source the Drapers fabrics for his MTM suits.  He is currently investigating.  There are a number of us in the KW thread eagerly awaiting the news about this 9 oz blend in particular:

 

formosa_ss16_8_.jpg 

post #35306 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

Due to some aspect of my anatomy, and the lack of funds to purchase bespoke suits, I have an issue with my sleeves. If they're the proper length to show my shirt cuff with my hands by my side, then when I extend my arm to any moderate degree, they pull up far enough to show my entire shirt cuff, and sometimes more. I have a suit where the sleeves aren't visible when relaxed, but then extending my arms yields a much more reasonable 0.5" of shirt, give or take. However, when I'm walking around, I am conscious of the fact that my sleeves look too long.

What to do? Tailor them for optimal appearance while standing or with arms bent?

This may be less your anatomy than a symptom of a big armhole. This is a common complaint about mass-market RTW jackets.
post #35307 of 37396
Had to get a pair of 15 lbs of dumbbells just to do side and front laterals. College kids in front of me buying packs of beer laughed among themselves and one said, "Hey, Jenny! I think he is buying those girlie (?) 15 lbs dumbbells for you" and carried on. Dont know but I wanted to throw the dumbbell into his face.
post #35308 of 37396
Why not get a gym pass?
post #35309 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Why not get a gym pass?
I think I lasted 2 years at Gold's Gym before getting married. Got bored with the same machine and now I have moved farther away. 15 lbs, 25 lbs, and 40 lbs dumbbells and a jump rope should do fine. Also, will be playing football/soccer again starting next week.
post #35310 of 37396
You have to do research, look up programs, and see what your goals are, etc. should mix it up every few months too (doesn't need to be an expensive gym by any means)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)