or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2342

post #35116 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Ventless jackets, yay or nay?

Tux?
post #35117 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Yessir, dark green.

 

Sorry for all the questions, Murl, but I am now intrigued by this fabric.  Is it an open weave, along the lines of hopsack?  Fresco?

post #35118 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Sorry for all the questions, Murl, but I am now intrigued by this fabric.  Is it an open weave, along the lines of hopsack?  Fresco?


Nope, I wouldn't call it an open weave.  Have you looked at H&S Crispaire?  They have a really nice dark green.

post #35119 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 


Nope, I wouldn't call it an open weave.  Have you looked at H&S Crispaire?  They have a really nice dark green.

 

Thanks, Murl.  I found another description of it that makes it sound like a lightweight barleycorn tweed, which is probably not what I'm after.  I'm looking for something with more of a Summer vibe to it, but has some texture.  I do not want linen, but would take a linen blend or an open weave hopsack.

 

@Pliny, here is a picture I found elsewhere that seems to show the color and texture well.

 

WB14829_2.jpg

post #35120 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3brain View Post

I think this is the right place to post? I'll delete this post if it's not.

I am looking for my first suit. My price range is $600 with tailoring I am a stouter man 43" chest 39" waist. Where/what brands should I be looking at?
Suit Supply.

Dumb question:
Is houndstooth suit best or ideal in a flannel and for winter only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Ventless jackets, yay or nay?
No for me. And I preferreth side vented.
post #35121 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Thanks, Murl.  I found another description of it that makes it sound like a lightweight barleycorn tweed, which is probably not what I'm after.  I'm looking for something with more of a Summer vibe to it, but has some texture.  I do not want linen, but would take a linen blend or an open weave hopsack.

@Pliny
, here is a picture I found elsewhere that seems to show the color and texture well.

WB14829_2.jpg

Yep, that's an accurate description. You're right, it's not best for a strictly summer jacket...better options out there. Thanks for that picture! I've haven't seen that and now I'm even more excited.
post #35122 of 37396
Thread Starter 
re: houndstooth

I associate it with winter, but I've seen a nice linen-wool houndstooth before and see no (real) reason why it can't be worn in S/S.
Edited by Claghorn - 3/16/16 at 8:18am
post #35123 of 37396
Is yours flannel too?

I think blue or light grey is more appropriate for summer.
post #35124 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Yep, that's an accurate description. You're right, it's not best for a strictly summer jacket...better options out there. Thanks for that picture! I've haven't seen that and now I'm even more excited.

 

Yeah, it's a beautiful shade of green.  I may eventually revisit this decision next Winter, even though I already have two green jackets.

post #35125 of 37396
I have a pair of linen houndstooth pants that are great. Would work as a jacket too

post #35126 of 37396
Remember some guys asking about KW wide lapels (also shows roped shoulders)

Here you go. Quick and dirty bathroom pic a-la- noodles

post #35127 of 37396

I know you're not a massive guy (40r or so I believe?) so I think it's fair to say the way lapels are not garishly showy, given this pic. I like the roped shoulders more than I would have anticipated as well. It seems as though the actual shoulder padding is still quite light?

post #35128 of 37396

Wear a 42 jacket for KW, 40 for most other brands, yeah. The lapels are not as wide/affected as some feared.

 

Shoulder padding is not stiff by any means  - though it is more than the spalla cadente or spalla camicia of Formosa (which was to be expected, being roped shoulders)

post #35129 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I have the dark brown horn on all my KW jackets.  It is darker than this picture, but nowhere near the black/very dark brown you are imagining.

I'm not "imagining" anything. I've had two KW jackets with dark brown horn buttons, and mine are as I previously described. But you don't have to take my word for it. Tell me this dark brown button on the right doesn't look almost black:


(Pic is from the KW website)

Anyway, I'm sure there is some variation and yours may indeed be much lighter than mine.
post #35130 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post


I'm not "imagining" anything. I've had two KW jackets with dark brown horn buttons, and mine are as I previously described. But you don't have to take my word for it. Tell me this dark brown button on the right doesn't look almost black:


(Pic is from the KW website)

Anyway, I'm sure there is some variation and yours may indeed be much lighter than mine.

 

No need to get all combative.  I did not realize you have jackets as well.  I will take pictures to share sometime this week.

 

As an FYI, the snippiness doesn't fly in this thread the same as it might in others.  This comment is directed to several of your posts, not just this one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)