or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2341

post #35101 of 37394
Filling out my options form for my KW MTM navy wool/linen blend suit. I'm thinking brown MOP buttons... Anyone have thoughts on which buttons I should choose? I feel a little overwhelmed.


And here's a link to the option form in case anyone is interested:
https://www.kentwang.com/suit-options.php
post #35102 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Filling out my options form for my KW MTM navy wool/linen blend suit. I'm thinking brown MOP buttons... Anyone have thoughts on which buttons I should choose? I feel a little overwhelmed.
 


I did med brown corozo to add to the casual flair. smoke MOP is also a really nice touch (I've used both). I really wish he had a med brown horn, but alas.

post #35103 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


I did med brown corozo to add to the casual flair. smoke MOP is also a really nice touch (I've used both). I really wish he had a med brown horn, but alas.
I looked up some pictures of smoked MOP buttons on navy suits online. I really liked the examples I saw, I'm leaning that direction now.
post #35104 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe3brain View Post

I know frown.gif I'm just graduating college, so I figure my first real suit is in order. i mostly hang around the streetwear and denim section and while I love the look of menswear I can't wear it in day to day life. I don't know why I didn't think to search this question must come up a lot. Thank you for the recs I'll search for some more info if I need it.

No worries. Didn't mean to sound like I was dogging you too hard. I'm only a few years out of college myself and don't wear suits on a regular basis. But still, every guy who's at least 21 (or even 18) needs a respectable suit on hand at all times for weddings, funerals, and job interviews. Good luck with your search. The Suit Supply recommendation above is a good one, if you can find something that fits and stick with a conservative style.

http://putthison.com/post/44539956747/because-you-are-an-adult-you-need-a-sincere-suit
post #35105 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


I did med brown corozo to add to the casual flair. smoke MOP is also a really nice touch (I've used both). I really wish he had a med brown horn, but alas.

I also wish KW had a medium brown horn button option. Hard to believe they don't. And from experience, the dark brown horn is essentially black.

Frustratingly enough, the pics on the suit info section of the KW website (these pics have been there since the inception of KW MTM suits) show some very nice light/medium brown horn buttons:




These would be perfect for a navy sport coat or a more casual navy suit.
post #35106 of 37394
Med brown corozo under bad lighting (but you get the general idea)

post #35107 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Med brown corozo under bad lighting (but you get the general idea)

I don't like those. They look cheap and plasticky. Not enough color variegation--compare to the horn buttons above.
post #35108 of 37394
White/cream buttons look gorgeous, though not very practical.

I'd lean smoke
post #35109 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post


I don't like those. They look cheap and plasticky. Not enough color variegation--compare to the horn buttons above.

:facepalm: Yeah, but those aren't an option. It also looks different in natural light. Looks kind of like wood.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

White/cream buttons look gorgeous, though not very practical.

Yeah, natural MOP looks great, but they REALLY stand out/ casualize the look, can be done really well though.

 


Edited by venividivicibj - 3/15/16 at 11:16pm
post #35110 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

facepalm.gif  Yeah, but those aren't an option.

I clearly acknowledged that I am aware of this. No need for the facepalm emoticon.
post #35111 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post


I clearly acknowledged that I am aware of this. No need for the facepalm emoticon.

:foo:

post #35112 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post



I absolutely love that look every time I see that pic.
post #35113 of 37394

+1 for Smoke. Though dark brown may be the safer choice.

 

post #35114 of 37394
Ventless jackets, yay or nay?
post #35115 of 37394
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaone View Post


I also wish KW had a medium brown horn button option. Hard to believe they don't. And from experience, the dark brown horn is essentially black.

Frustratingly enough, the pics on the suit info section of the KW website (these pics have been there since the inception of KW MTM suits) show some very nice light/medium brown horn buttons:




These would be perfect for a navy sport coat or a more casual navy suit.

 

I have the dark brown horn on all my KW jackets.  It is darker than this picture, but nowhere near the black/very dark brown you are imagining.

 

Also, @CaptainTohm , keep in mind you can likely self purchase your buttons and mail them to the factory, if you want something different.  Check with KW.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)