I would abandon any attempt at a seasonal rationalisation and just kop the damn thing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2326post #34876 of 374253/6/16 at 9:23pmpost #34877 of 374253/6/16 at 9:28pmpost #34878 of 374253/6/16 at 9:32pmQuote:
Fine. Be right or whatever.Quote:
Still ok for a summer wedding though? Beyond that you're right, I'm not worried about the seasonality of the color all that much. I'm sure I would wear it whenever it gets warm enough in SF, which is plenty of other times besides summer.post #34879 of 374253/6/16 at 11:11pmQuote:
I give it two thumbs up. I was just looking at that me the other day. I don't know about you, but I have brown hair and brown eyes, so brown looks good on me, and light brown looks really good on a sunny day. That's why one sees so many Spanish men wearing brown.post #34880 of 374253/7/16 at 5:17am
Not impressed with SuSu's blue line, but if you like the look of it, go for it.
ETA: IMO the color is very nice for summer. With respect to Cox, I think the fabric type/weight/texture goes more into determining whether or not something looks seasonally appropriate than does the color. YMMV though.post #34881 of 374253/7/16 at 6:02amI remember a conversation from last year where the discussion point was something along the lines of the jacketing and suiting driving whether or not something is Spring/Summer or Fall/Winter.
My brain (and I suspect a lot of others) tends to think of brown as Fall - earth tones, and such. I've changed my way of thinking since then, though.
Short version: Brown doesn't always mean fall.
I'm not crazy about SuitSupply but they do check in at a pretty good price and I don't mind that particular suit at all. The Hudson has a pretty high button point that doesn't work for everyone, though.post #34882 of 374253/7/16 at 6:31amQuote:
Where I was once very inspired by sobering and simple cloth selections...I now find myself drawn to a wider array of colors.
But, in the case of this jacket...if you are so enamored with the color...perhaps you would be better off having something produced specifically for you.
I feel like when you go with very bold colors...to ensure that you actually use the items...it needs to be created with the exact purpose you envision. Otherwise, you risk it sitting in your closet for a few years collecting dust...and then donated or sold off.post #34883 of 374253/7/16 at 6:52amI'm sure this has been hashed out in the SuSu thread a hundred times, but is the buttoning point of the Hudson roughly the same as the Havana? If so, it's not too high on me specifically because I'm short. The overall length of the coat actually boarders on too long, though, which makes me laugh since they describe it as "shorter jacket length."
Good to hear the general consensus is that the color and fabric work. Thanks for the replies, guys.post #34884 of 374253/7/16 at 7:05ampost #34885 of 374253/7/16 at 7:10ampost #34886 of 374253/7/16 at 7:20ampost #34887 of 374253/7/16 at 7:35amQuote:Originally Posted by jcmeyer
I'm sure this has been hashed out in the SuSu thread a hundred times, but is the buttoning point of the Hudson roughly the same as the Havana? If so, it's not too high on me specifically because I'm short. The overall length of the coat actually boarders on too long, though, which makes me laugh since they describe it as "shorter jacket length."
Good to hear the general consensus is that the color and fabric work. Thanks for the replies, guys.
I think Havana and Hudson have appx. .5" of difference in the button stance, with Havana being the higher of the two.post #34888 of 374253/7/16 at 7:39amQuote:
Yeah - I think the main idea in the discussion I'm recalling is to not get so hung up on a color that you totally dismiss it, since the fabric used can make it seasonally appropriate and I agree with that.
By blah blah blah brown is for farmer.
-StyFoDudepost #34889 of 374253/7/16 at 7:41amQuote:
V knows what's up.
They've been threatening the SuSu SF store for ages and moved the opening date back like 5 times. I did try on a bunch of stuff at the Mayfair store in London - and many of the ones I tried had shoulder divoting for me, which I found odd given that the one Havana I have is fine. Free returns is the saving grace for at least giving it a shot.Quote:
No argument there, though Caustic will no doubt find a technicality to start one.Quote:
Even better.post #34890 of 374253/7/16 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by jcmeyer
They've been threatening the SuSu SF store for ages and moved the opening date back like 5 times. I did try on a bunch of stuff at the Mayfair store in London - and many of the ones I tried had shoulder divoting for me, which I found odd given that the one Havana I have is fine.
The many variations of the human shoulder is interesting. Finding jackets without shoulder divots is a major challenge for since mine pitch forward a bit. Weird thing is, I've never tried on a SuSu jacket that had a divot when I wore it. I imagined that it would be much the same for most people but I guess I was wrong.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS CENTENNIAL ST. MORITZ 1948 LEATHER COAT · SIZE L · EX 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...