or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2323

post #34831 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Yellow Hook Tie Co

The top is navy. The idea is from a distance is resolves to standard solid navy CBD tie but has more interest up close.

Ah, gotcha. I think they're both nice, just not necessarily versatile. But hey, versatility smersatilily; get 'em and show everyone what's up satisfied.gif
post #34832 of 37396
I have a few plaids like that and they just collect dust unfortunately. I love them in theory but when given the opportunity I go to a neat or knit instead
post #34833 of 37396
I used to really like plaids too, but I'm with you. None of them get worn.
post #34834 of 37396

My glen plaid ties see a lot of wear. I've never thought to wear another plaid pattern.

 

I bought the one on the top of the pile from Yellow Hook last week:

 

 

I can attest that it is a beautiful tie in real life as well.

post #34835 of 37396
There's a lot of charm in plaid ties but I would much rather wear the plaid as a sportcoat than as a tie. I would probably end up wearing it with a solid jacket and solid shirt. Just seems out of place in the whole context. Just my 0.02
post #34836 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Any particular luxire colors or fabrics of each? Thanks for your input murl

I'm out right now and don't know of any from Luxire off the top of my head. Light blue and denim chambrays would be my first two choices.

Rob's ties are great. He always have some really unique stuff and the fabrics and construction are top notch.
post #34837 of 37396
Crosspost from the Luxire thread - hoping someone can help! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarg View Post

Could anyone advise me on how to improve the fit on the seat of these trousers? I am happy with the rest of the measurements.
Thanks in advance! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Edited by Gwarg - 3/6/16 at 5:40am
post #34838 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Versatile? Or not really?


Want!
post #34839 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarg View Post

Crosspost from the Luxire thread - hoping someone can help! Thanks

 

Please post pictures of your rear end here. http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions

 

My non-expert advice would be to take in the seat, post in the tailors thread, and e-mail Luxire as they have probably dealt with issues like this hundreds of times.

 

 

 

 

Speaking of ties, where would you guys rank a black grenadine fina in terms of utllity? I feel like it may have the versatility of a black knit (which I've seen recommended here), but more fit for formal occasions. Also, does black tie mean black shoes only?

post #34840 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

Speaking of ties, where would you guys rank a black grenadine fina in terms of utllity? I feel like it may have the versatility of a black knit (which I've seen recommended here), but more fit for formal occasions. Also, does black tie mean black shoes only?

 

I think the versatility of black grenadine or knit depends on your wardrobe. Obviously it goes well with navy and other darker blues and can work well with greens and grays. Probably less so with browns, unless you want to look like a National Socialist. Now, when you say formal occasions... do you mean actual black tie affairs or do you mean it in a more colloquial way to mean business and cocktail stuff? If the former, no, it's not appropriate. If the latter, then I wouldn't worry too much about wearing it. As for shoes, for me it usually means black.

post #34841 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Men's Classic.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Six years on this forum, nearly 7000 posts and you don't know?
facepalm.gif You'd think, right? Hell, I just learned what a Tailor's Ham was a few days ago too. Clearly, I'm not hanging out in the best areas...
post #34842 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

I'm out right now and don't know of any from Luxire off the top of my head. Light blue and denim chambrays would be my first two choices.

Rob's ties are great. He always have some really unique stuff and the fabrics and construction are top notch.

Let me know when you get in Murl. Sale at luxire too. Maybe I can pick up some stuff on sale!
post #34843 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

Let me know when you get in Murl. Sale at luxire too. Maybe I can pick up some stuff on sale!

My chambrays are from Albini, but it's expensive. I have no experience with the Brisbane, but I would give the light blue and navy a shot at those prices.
post #34844 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

My chambrays are from Albini, but it's expensive. I have no experience with the Brisbane, but I would give the light blue and navy a shot at those prices.

Are these what you are referring to? http://luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-chambray-light-blue and http://luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-chambray-navy

Just looked at my closet and most of my button downs are some shade of light blue/blue. Need to diversify.
post #34845 of 37396

I have the brisbane (medium blue)  and the albini (light blue). Prefer albini, but the brisbane is nice for the price point. Brisbane is thicker, almost an oxford-lite in weight/feel.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)