And who do you mean in Canada?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2321post #34801 of 374973/4/16 at 12:20pmpost #34802 of 374973/4/16 at 12:24pmpost #34803 of 374973/4/16 at 12:27pm
Hi guys. Just got back from tailor (alterations) to pick up my jacket. Let's just say he needed to do some serious surgery. Does anyone see anything terribly wrong with this jacket, so that it needs to be burned (except that guy, can't remember his nick, who always wants to burn everything)? Thankspost #34804 of 374973/4/16 at 12:48pmpost #34805 of 374973/4/16 at 12:55pmpost #34806 of 374973/4/16 at 1:19pmQuote:
As I've mentioned before elsewhere, this is the principle I was brought up on. It would be naive of me, however, not to recognize that there are generational differences in attitude; a lot of younger guys see braces as an accessory intended to be seen, or at least to be see-able, as it were, under some circumstances.
Many younger American males, if they do not come from a family were dress matters, get their sense of what is appropriate from the images of popular culture, beginning with TV. American police procedurals are one reason why for decades we have seen so many guys wearing loosened ties with the collar unbuttoned and visible suspenders: it's how the good guys dress when they're hanging out in the squad room.
Acpost #34807 of 374973/4/16 at 2:49pmpost #34808 of 374973/5/16 at 3:25am
Cross post, looking for help and opinions!
I'm looking for some worsted flannel too, but can't seem to find anything.
I'm looking for a bold stripe with char or slate navy background. but all I see are relatively subtle stripes and/or dark sombre navy.
Closest I've found look-wise is this:
But I want something less saturated. I've found some in Huddersfield that seem close, but they are too heavy for my liking.
I guess it'd be something like this:
I also like a more densely packed stripe like the first one. Could this just be normal navy and it tends to look darker on swatches, and I am probably alright just picking up any navy chalkstripe in worsted flannel?
Somehow also tempted by this, but it doesn't look very flannelly at all:
I think braces being seen is fine, but in my experience it's not good if its only purpose is to accessorise because then you come off as too tryhard/hipster. Unless you're going full camp I guess, which is not a CM thing. Then again I feel the same about fun socks.post #34809 of 374973/5/16 at 5:35amQuote:
Did I say a Canadian suit had to be made of denim? No. Are any of my suits from Paul Stuart made of denim? No. Was I working with the witticisms and cultural assumptions of other people when I made my remark? Yes. So there!post #34810 of 374973/5/16 at 6:09amIso - H&S classic Flannels(though I'm not sure if it's as bold as you want)
10/11 oz worsted flannel. They have one with wider stripes (1' or so apart), and one with narrower stripes (.5' or so apart)
They also have a few in the heavier weights too
If you have money to burn, lesser golden bale has some nice ones . DiCaprio from wolf on Wall Street wears LGB for his chalk stripe suit.
Honestly - you should just ask your tailor. Most mills have something like that (fox has many books that aren't online, etc)
Edited by venividivicibj - 3/5/16 at 6:22ampost #34811 of 374973/5/16 at 6:23ampost #34812 of 374973/5/16 at 6:32ampost #34813 of 374973/5/16 at 6:38ampost #34814 of 374973/5/16 at 6:44ampost #34815 of 374973/5/16 at 7:17amQuote:
OK, OK... It is amuzzing to hear Canadians and Americans making jokes of each other, especially as new comers don't see much difference.
BTW, your vocabulary is so rich, I am constantly reminded that English is not my native language. Witticism...
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Richard Jacket Black 44 5 minutes ago
- › vendor Things Boat Neck Shirt Black Denim 1 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy Antra Liner Jacket Charcoal 46 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...