Is that when Ryan gets back in town? Are you talking about the houndstooth jacket they have on display?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2305post #34562 of 374972/28/16 at 3:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Gentlemen, I acquire you're help. I will be visiting London during Eastern and would like to know of some good hotels to stay in. While I have been to London before, this is a completely different trip with other preferences. Most important is placement and safety, of course. I would like it to be as central as possible at the best price possible (of course). Preferrably walking distance to central places (5-10 minutes). I will travel with siblings and wife-to-be and won't spend much time at the hotel, thus safety and position is of more importance than comfort. I don't require anything fancy, to make myself clear.
I will get back to you gentlemen later regarding places to visit etc later when I have a hotel booked. Thanks.
Doing a quick search of Expedia, for Mayfair and thereabouts, the least expensive hotel in the area at which I have stayed is the Hilton London Green Park, which is a very basic hotel, but is a half block off of Piccadilly, and a short walk to the Green Park tube stop, and a five to ten minute walk to Jermyn St. and the Piccadilly Circus area. Listed just above the Hilton Green Park was the Millennium Mayfair, in Grosvenor Sq. at which I have also stayed, which is a much grander hotel than the Hilton, but is less convenient to public transport, though closer to Oxford St.
I am somewhat puzzled by your concern for safety. Central London is a very safe place, by and large. One would need to go fairly far afield to find a bad neighborhood, certainly near tourist attractions.post #34563 of 374972/28/16 at 4:14pmQuote:
Ryan is back like on Thursday.
Will Field is closed on Mondays, hence my statement to call him on Tuesday.
WM Fox did not have a houndstooth jacket on display in my size...well, Tony didn't know what a houndstooth looked like.post #34564 of 374972/28/16 at 5:01pmQuote:
I don't know Tony. You are going to use Will Field now? Oh man, you are all over the place. If you really need some brown houndstooth I have some cashmere that I may part with.post #34565 of 374972/28/16 at 5:40pmQuote:
Send me pix. It better not be 100% cashmere.
Field is the tailor that I have been going to all along.
But his bespoke is just too expensive.post #34566 of 374972/28/16 at 7:26pmpost #34567 of 374972/28/16 at 7:27pmpost #34568 of 374972/28/16 at 7:31pmpost #34569 of 374972/28/16 at 7:56pmpost #34570 of 374972/28/16 at 8:21pmpost #34571 of 374972/28/16 at 8:27pmQuote:
Which one fits better? Any comment on what alterations for the navy jacket?Quote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
Fit is great, but do you like the fabric quality?
Which fabric? Both seem okay. Not super luxurious, but acceptable.
The navy 40r Hudson is pure wool.
The 38r Lazio is the blend.
Strange how I fit 38 in Lazio and a 40 in Hudson.post #34572 of 374972/28/16 at 8:41pmpost #34573 of 374972/28/16 at 8:43pmpost #34574 of 374972/28/16 at 9:04pmpost #34575 of 374972/28/16 at 9:10pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...