or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2174

post #32596 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Going back a bit: Suggesting bespoke to go after tiny improvements in fit seems like overkill, especially given that most tailors seem to need a suit or two to dial in the fit. Why spend $5000 on jackets that don't even fit as well as the RTW you're already happy with? Maybe if you're looking for fabrics not readily available in RTW, but it seems that Justin is well within the Good Enough zone.

Well, the original suggested point was that he could find bespoke for cheaper than he was currently paying... and then when asked no one could explain where he would be able to get such a deal.

post #32597 of 37396
Indeed. That was obvious bullshit, especially here in San Francisco. You'll pay $1300 for MTM. I wouldn't personally pay as much as Justin does—at least not as frequently as he does—but he isn't being taken for a ride. Relatively speaking of course.

smile.gif
post #32598 of 37396
Thread Starter 

Doesn't NSM run around 2k for bespoke? Though they mostly do soft shouldered stuff, and I'm interested in (or at least curious about) seeing Justin in something with structured shoulders.

post #32599 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
 

Thanks. I don't have it (yet), just wanted to make sure the colour's okay. I'd say I like it but I'm not a fan of darker blues. And it's hard to judge based on a few online pictures.

 

It’s worth noting that in Cleav’s beautiful combination the shirt is still lighter than both the jacket and the tie.  That’s important here.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #32600 of 37396



Much more structured than my usual stuff
post #32601 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Indeed. That was obvious bullshit, especially here in San Francisco. You'll pay $1300 for MTM. I wouldn't personally pay as much as Justin does—at least not as frequently as he does—but he isn't being taken for a ride. Relatively speaking of course.

smile.gif

 

 

I may be misremembering, but I think you guys misunderstood. The $1300 bespoke was an ongoing gag. The original comments made were, viz.,

- Paying $1300 for a non returnable item is a waste;

- Paying $1900 is a lot of money and is arguably bespoke territory

post #32602 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
 

Thanks. I don't have it (yet), just wanted to make sure the colour's okay. I'd say I like it but I'm not a fan of darker blues. And it's hard to judge based on a few online pictures.

Unless the color is absolutely what you want, I would then recommend going a touch lighter/paler in blue. Cleav had it right when saying it would be a tad more versatile.

post #32603 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Indeed. That was obvious bullshit, especially here in San Francisco. You'll pay $1300 for MTM. I wouldn't personally pay as much as Justin does—at least not as frequently as he does—but he isn't being taken for a ride. Relatively speaking of course.

smile.gif

Anyone who has met him in person (like the two of us) will tell you he has absolutely no reason to go bespoke. Why spend more money and wait a year+ for something when he gets a fit that is just as good in 6-8 weeks, is cheaper, and had just as many customization options? Unless he wanted to go through the process for the experience of it all, it doesn't make sense.
post #32604 of 37396

Anyone want to start a pool for a DSLR and tripod to send to justin so we can settle this once and for all?

post #32605 of 37396

@justinkapur can you just post the pic I'm thinking of, where you're with your lady friend? I am almost certain that was a full body shot, and it looked stellar.

post #32606 of 37396
I've seen the guy in person and I'm sure everyone who has will say the same. His stuff fits. There is nothing to settle.

Justin, did you ever get your MTM jacket from the October visit?
post #32607 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Anyone who has met him in person (like the two of us) will tell you he has absolutely no reason to go bespoke. Why spend more money and wait a year+ for something when he gets a fit that is just as good in 6-8 weeks, is cheaper, and had just as many customization options? Unless he wanted to go through the process for the experience of it all, it doesn't make sense.

Thanks man. I agree it would be cool when money no longer is an issue and going for the experience would be fun but in 6-8 weeks I get exactly what I want. I'm not a super hard to fit either so if I was harder to fit I would consider bespoke but mtm works perfectly fine for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

Anyone want to start a pool for a DSLR and tripod to send to justin so we can settle this once and for all?

Best SF gift evar
post #32608 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

I've seen the guy in person and I'm sure everyone who has will say the same. His stuff fits. There is nothing to settle.

Justin, did you ever get your MTM jacket from the October visit?

From Ring or Steed? Ring I'm guessing in a few weeks and Steed probably in a week. I spoke with Matthew and he said it should be done.
post #32609 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

@justinkapur
 can you just post the pic I'm thinking of, where you're with your lady friend? I am almost certain that was a full body shot, and it looked stellar.

post #32610 of 37396

good stuff. I think, based upon the pics have at our disposal, we can safely extrapolate that Justin is well dressed, and that his shit fits properly.

 

Badass tie, btw.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)