Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2166post #32476 of 3767212/6/15 at 9:20pmpost #32477 of 3767212/6/15 at 9:35pmpost #32478 of 3767212/6/15 at 9:35pmpost #32479 of 3767212/6/15 at 9:51pmThread Starterpost #32480 of 3767212/6/15 at 9:53pmpost #32481 of 3767212/6/15 at 10:09pmThread Starterpost #32482 of 3767212/6/15 at 10:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by sprout2
Mama always told me to get the best underwear money could buy.
I think I still have 10 year old Bresciani socks. I guess if you have enough of a rotation, they won't wear out or develop scuffs. The only ones I had to throw away were ones from when I lived in a hotel room for 3 months and was rinsing them in the sink and blowdrying them dry <--- don't ask.
The Palatinos, Gammarellis, Marcolianis, et al became brittle by comparison. I will say that Palatino is the better of the bunch, but there's something anatomically wrong with the way the heels are linked. I think they feed too much material into the heel, so it doesn't cup the foot properly. You get a weird elephant ear bubble -- this is on sized socks.
Again, I would have trouble criticizing your choices even if you were getting less wear out of them. Bresciani are some bad beautiful motherfuvckers.
I'm mainly saying to any people less experienced than you who may be lurking around here:
Hey, you know those Allen Edmonds shoes at Nordstrom, and those mall-brand shoes next to them that look kinda like Allen Edmonds? Yes, there is a vast difference in quality; yes, I can tell from across the room; and yes, I'm trying not to judge you for it but I'm only human.
I cannot tell who made your navy/grey/brown socks; in fact I doubt Signore Bresciani himself could tell much about them unless he was crawling around on the floor groping your ankles. As long as I can't see the synthetic, they stay up, aren't obviously pilly, and they are tastefully worn, feel free to save some jack if you're happy with them. The gap in quality is not that great. It is not nonexistent, but it's not that great.
Once you experience true quality menswear the difference is so thrilling that you begin to see differences everywhere, and before you know it you're convinced your shoes will crumble to dust if you don't use $900 shoe trees handcarved from John Lobb's compressed funereal ashes. Learning to relax a little helps one enjoy this stuff a bit more.
Unless you can afford all of it; then just go fucking insane.post #32483 of 3767212/6/15 at 10:32pmpost #32484 of 3767212/6/15 at 10:34pmpost #32485 of 3767212/6/15 at 10:40pmQuote:
This is my preferred way of having bespoke sock appointments with old Max.Quote:
Where to kop?post #32486 of 3767212/7/15 at 2:54amQuote:The three (Noodles, Isolation, RTC) of them need to get in a MMA cage and beat each other up. My money is on RTC though.Originally Posted by archibaldleach
Yeah. There are some people who should just ignore each other (either by actually using the ignore list or just good judgment) rather than escalating every perceived slight, but they do the opposite. If people would just realize most things posted online can be read in a more offensive manner than they are intended, we'd all have quite a few minutes of our life back.post #32487 of 3767212/7/15 at 3:53am
I know a lot of folks here would rather not read the back'n'forth snipery but I quite enjoy it.
Good to get back to clothes once in a while though.
I have resisted tassel loafers so far. They just seem vaguely twee to me. Oh wait. Maybe I do have a pair.
Shit. I do indeed have a pair. How did that happen? They must have been on special.post #32488 of 3767212/7/15 at 6:10ampost #32489 of 3767212/7/15 at 6:46amQuote:
Well made and good value at STF, but not at retail prices. I have a sport jacket by them and it fits me really well. Do know that STF accepts returns but only gives credit, so use the extensive measurements they provide. If you still have questions they are fairly responsive over email. Great selection of stuff over therepost #32490 of 3767212/7/15 at 9:09am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 40 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 44 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 45 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...