HJ Hall socks work quite well for me for non OTC. I think when I want new songs I might try some kent wang ones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2156post #32326 of 3749712/4/15 at 10:05pmpost #32327 of 3749712/5/15 at 7:00amQuote:Dude~ calm down. I just trolling. And why are you getting all fired up? I was talking to Sir Crust. He and I might not go way back but he is one person that I like and like to joke around with him. Let's agree to disagree.Originally Posted by Isolation
Come on, that's uncalled for. No one is asking or forcing you to change your views, and in fact everyone's been quite mild and polite with how they're disagreeing with you when they do, but you don't have to come out with that period bs when you know very well that's offensive and sexist. You're just being intentionally antagonistic here.
Like you of all people have the least right to complain about women's supposed "emotional instability". The irony is off the charts.
By the way, someone commented that I have a heavy guitar. 20 lbs guitar is an exaageration. It's a Taylor 614ce. The amp, however, is an UltraSound (hate the name) DS4 which is about 20 lbs. Add to that all the cables, a mic, and a DI box. It's a good work out for me...being that I am puny little NE Asian.post #32328 of 3749712/5/15 at 9:09am
While we're on the topic of socks, I've always bought cotton because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. Being in FL, I assumed they wore cooler than wool, which it seems is incorrect. I'd like to buy three pairs in a staple color to try out, but would rather not spend a fortune in case I don't like them. Is there a "default" that's readily available on Amazon so I can test them out? The only ones I saw that were mentioned here were the Gold Toe wool blends, but the reviews led me to believe they aren't very good quality (or at least, worse quality than the same brand used to sell). Is it still worth picking them up?post #32329 of 3749712/5/15 at 9:27ampost #32330 of 3749712/5/15 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by thefoxtooth
Well, you did seem to bang on as though I were talking about some sort of North Face Tenzing Norgay Endorsement Model sock. It's a dress sock. It's very slightly thicker than my Italian Papal Endorsement Model sock.
Not that it really matters. You say tomato, I wear cheap socks occasionally.
Mama always told me to get the best underwear money could buy.
I think I still have 10 year old Bresciani socks. I guess if you have enough of a rotation, they won't wear out or develop scuffs. The only ones I had to throw away were ones from when I lived in a hotel room for 3 months and was rinsing them in the sink and blowdrying them dry <--- don't ask.
The Palatinos, Gammarellis, Marcolianis, et al became brittle by comparison. I will say that Palatino is the better of the bunch, but there's something anatomically wrong with the way the heels are linked. I think they feed too much material into the heel, so it doesn't cup the foot properly. You get a weird elephant ear bubble -- this is on sized socks.post #32331 of 3749712/5/15 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cao Cao
Dude~ calm down. I just trolling. And why are you getting all fired up? I was talking to Sir Crust. He and I might not go way back but he is one person that I like and like to joke around with him. Let's agree to disagree.
By the way, someone commented that I have a heavy guitar. 20 lbs guitar is an exaageration. It's a Taylor 614ce. The amp, however, is an UltraSound (hate the name) DS4 which is about 20 lbs. Add to that all the cables, a mic, and a DI box. It's a good work out for me...being that I am puny little NE Asian.
I honestly don't want to engage with this anymore, but I need to speak up so there is at least an indication that not everyone is okay with these things. It's NOT about you joking with upr_crust, it's about you making a joke at the expense of women perpetuating an extremely dangerous idea that is used to excuse dismissive behavior towards women the world over.
I can't speak for upr_crust, but as a queer person, I'm more than aware of the way many straight guys play sides with us. On one hand you'd say to a gay man, hey at least you ain't got no periods and don't have to deal with women bs, and on the other you say to straight women, at least you're feminine not like those lesbos these days, etc etc etc. You're forcing us into playing respectability politics, become the model minority, focus our discontent on other oppressed groups, and take it out on them. The asian will buddy up say to the white person, at least I am civilized like you not like the black people, and the black people may have a round of drinks with one and say, at least I am a real man, not like those feminine asians, etc etc, in fact maybe that's why your obsession with masculinity and berating other asian men for not having it, because that way you can distance yourself from them, playing right into the hands I am talking about. Instead of saying "I do what I like, and they do what they like, fuck you, who cares?", you say "yeah I'm with you on that one, what a bunch of fucking pussies, not like me, haha, I'm cool." That's exactly what you sound like.
I can't wait to hear you say I'm reading too much into this, because there's no way you actually realize what's going on, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.
You don't have to respond to all this, in fact I'd rather you don't. You're not listening, and I'm not listening, I just feel obligated to put my thoughts out there, like I said, to make it clear that I do NOT think it's okay, and your silly games have a much deeper context than "just joking around".post #32332 of 3749712/5/15 at 12:56pmpost #32333 of 3749712/5/15 at 12:57pmQuote:
I wear relatively thick wool socks year round in south central Texas, and it's not the least bit uncomfortable, and I'm a pretty sweaty guy, at least when I'm active. I also never understood the point of the hose-style sock, the thin little whispy silk or wool socks that are basically just light liners. May as well go barefoot. But I'll also admit to never having actually given them a fair shake by trying them out for a month or so.
@Isolation , I hear you, buddy. I generally tend to think we should refrain as much as possible from discussing anything but clothing with each other, because when the subject of women or homosexuality or politics comes up, someone is inevitably going to say something horrible, given enough time and then we have no choice but to speak up, rather than let that ugliness linger in the "room".
That said, I like Noodles, and I don't think he's a bad guy on the whole, but I've accepted that even people I like are going to say something awful at some point.post #32334 of 3749712/5/15 at 1:05pmRight, I really don't want to argue further though I don't think it's fair to deny noodles the right to defend himself. All I am saying is if noodles drops it and doesn't say anything overtly out of line I'm going to stay out of his way and be polite. I'm okay to agree to disagree if you don't trumpet it in a way that calls for comment.post #32335 of 3749712/5/15 at 2:25pmQuote:
No one ever answered my question. I'm legitimately concerned about this.
I thought it would be good for boarding planes and having a bare minimum of things on my person.post #32336 of 3749712/5/15 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by sprout2
No one ever answered my question. I'm legitimately concerned about this.
I thought it would be good for boarding planes and having a bare minimum of things on my person.
So your question is simply what it's called? If it's a camera bag (which usually has a rather identifiable shape) I'd say no. It's possible others might say yes.
Acpost #32337 of 3749712/5/15 at 3:25pmpost #32338 of 3749712/5/15 at 4:06pmI read that Isolation post three times and still can't make any sense of it
Seems at worst he is self-deprecating (as a heterosexual male) to show some bonhomie to a homosexual fellow-make
Who is being oppressed here?
Women? Or homosexuals?post #32339 of 3749712/5/15 at 4:11pmpost #32340 of 3749712/5/15 at 4:11pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 17 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 20 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 21 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...