Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2153post #32281 of 3736512/4/15 at 5:34ampost #32282 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:27ampost #32283 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #32284 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:40ampost #32285 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:41amSeemingly stupid question(s) I have a pair of shoes with soles that have gotten really slick but they aren't worn to the point of needing to be replaced, IMO. The other day at Target I had to shuffle around to avoid eating shit. I am guessing this happens to others at times. What do you do - take sand paper to the bottoms to rough them up again? Or do you just re-sole? Is this a sign that they need to be replaced?post #32286 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
OK, clags-on-dunny notwithstanding, I'm not finished with bags.
@Cao Cao gets what I'm talking about. It's an Asian thing. I just saw way too much of this man-carrying-female-partner's-bag thing in Shanghai when I lived there, and I can most definitely affirm that it is all part of the cultural emasculation of the average Shanghainese male.
These poor buggers are pussy-whipped and pitiful. And the women do it very deliberately. They talk about it to each other on WeChat. Mothers teach it to their daughters. All the various strategies for keeping the man in his box.
You know that in Chinese culture, the male breadwinner hands over 100% of his salary to wifey who then manages it, including doling out tiny amounts for him to buy his playlunch every now and then.
I take Iso's points about gender roles, the true meaning of masculinity and all that. So let me qualify my observations by restricting my analysis to normative cis-cis couples. Occasional handbag-carrying might well be chivalrous in Western settings; in Oriental settings though, it's part of a broader, society-approved gonad shrinkage of the male.
THANK YOU! I talk about these P-whipped (not tasty) men who carry ladies handbags and somehow people bring in masculinity bs. I don't care if you feel man enough to carry a purse for your girlfriends. What I was talking about was these men who have been "cultured" into becoming a bitch for their girlfriends, who are basically lazy@ss b!tches.post #32287 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by steveoly
Seemingly stupid question(s) I have a pair of shoes with soles that have gotten really slick but they aren't worn to the point of needing to be replaced, IMO. The other day at Target I had to shuffle around to avoid eating shit. I am guessing this happens to others at times. What do you do - take sand paper to the bottoms to rough them up again? Or do you just re-sole? Is this a sign that they need to be replaced?
I am assuming you got them fancy leather soles? I just put rubber on 'em to avoid slipping. Plus, it protects against water sneaking in thru the leather sole. Just get rubber on the soles.post #32288 of 3736512/4/15 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
Agreed. It also does't happen much in Taiwan, Hong Kong … or really anywhere else I've been over there except China IME. Sure I've seen it occasionally, but it being a conscious effort of keeping the man "whipped" must be a Mainland thing. Fuck Shanghai bitches anyway… mostly gold diggers.Quote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Yeah, a lot of them are pretty bad.
Years ago when I was a single man in Shanghai, I invited an attractive girl out for lunch. She turned up with two female friends, who I (obviously) hadn't invited.
So at the end, when the bill came, I put my share on the table. There was an embarrassed pause, and then they all did the same.
Later this girl had the effrontery to tell me how much face she'd lost, bla bla bla. I just laughed in her face and said "well, I didn't invite them. If you'd turned up by yourself, naturally I'd have paid for both of us." ["...but that's only because I want to fuck you." - this bit left unsaid.]
GOLD DIGGERS!!! Gosh, I love 'em to death. No, not really.
Long long ago when I wasn't married and was just dating around, I met a lot of gold diggers. But I told them I got no gold.
Anyways, this one date stands out above all the other gold diggers...
She just flat out asked me what kind of a car I drive, how much I make, what kind of a house I live in, etc. I answered her, "a 1987 honda civic, I am always broke, and with parents" respectively. Paid for just my portion of the dinner and walked out.post #32289 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Cao Cao
Anyways, this one date stands out above all the other gold diggers...
She just flat out asked me what kind of a car I drive, how much I make, what kind of a house I live in, etc. I answered her, "a 1987 honda civic, I am always broke, and with parents" respectively. Paid for just my portion of the dinner and walked out.
And then, years later, you married her.post #32290 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:06ampost #32291 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:12ampost #32292 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:19ampost #32293 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:23ampost #32294 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:26ampost #32295 of 3736512/4/15 at 8:35am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › KOPPO, sustainable timepieces higliting wood marquetry dials 2 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 34 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 53 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...