i see no issue with that in that die, despite conrads post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 214post #3196 of 376723/3/14 at 11:45ampost #3197 of 376723/3/14 at 12:14pm
Why not get a silk PoW and the wool one in a different color for cool weather wear? PoW ties: not just for weddings anymore.
For the wedding, I have to say I'm in the silk camp, but only if you are going to have just one wedding tie. A nice Navy or B&W Shepherd's Check is good too, though I prefer the PoW (if you can get black/white one with a blue overcheck, that's pretty nice too).
On PoW for more everyday wear, Hober has one in brown that I quite like, there are several nice ones at NMWA by Calbrese, especially an olive/navy I think is quite nice (have not handled them, but others in this thread have, I think).
Also, Conrad's wool ones look nice too (though the newest one is a touch too narrow for me).post #3198 of 376723/3/14 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Funnily enough, I used to have a not-dissimilar paisley Lacroix tie in white/cream. It was pretty fly, but I don't go to many occasions where it was suitable so I sold it off a while ago.
What colour suit are you wearing for the wedding? It's controversial, but I personally believe that the standard silver/grey wedding ties (be they houndstooth, POW, checks or even paisleys) work best with dark (or at most mid-) grey suits in terms of creating that formal-but-festive look. They certainly pair well with navy suits too, of course, but I don't actually find the combination festive. It's more severe, businessy almost, than that to my eye. For a navy suit, I think a white shirt with a more relaxed pale blue tie would create the same formal-but-festive monochrome effect as the silver-on-grey does. Something like this, for example, or this.
Whichever way you go, keep the scale relatively modest.
I told her I am wearing this. I think I can make this a bit better with a PoW tie. I like the tie in your first link.
And as always, appreciate your feedback
Edited by Rudals - 3/3/14 at 12:53pmpost #3199 of 376723/3/14 at 12:52pmpost #3200 of 376723/3/14 at 1:11pmpost #3201 of 376723/3/14 at 1:28pmpost #3202 of 376723/3/14 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
its certainly not wrong, but with a navy suit and navy PoW you are essentially going with a monochrome look, no contrast. now, im a huge fran of monochrome looks for fun and enjoyment, but for a wedding, and for ultimate class, i think you would be better served with a blk/wht/gry PoW.
+1post #3203 of 376723/3/14 at 2:16pmpost #3204 of 376723/3/14 at 2:20pmpost #3205 of 376723/3/14 at 2:23pmQuote:
Navy suit paired with a crisp white shirt, black/grey/white tie, and freshly polished black captoes is a smashing look. That is what I plan to wear to my own wedding.
Outside of morning or evening dress, that is as classic as there is for a groom's attirepost #3206 of 376723/3/14 at 2:34pmQuote:
Stitch's point about monochrome is reasonable (i.e. a navy PoW). Still, I don't think it would be too bad in navy since from a distance it won't look like a navy tie.
My preference would be as I noted earlier, a B&W PoW with a blue overcheck (or some other color overcheck to give it a subtle visual interest).
But if you're sold on the none blue PoW, then your choice is the classic B&W which is perfectly fine and traditional.post #3207 of 376723/3/14 at 2:37pm
e.g. the midnight blue shepherd's check Hober has via that link I gave you would be too monochromatic with your suit (though I like the depth of the midnight). I worry less about the PoW. From the distance, the former will look navy and matchy-matchy and monochromatic, the latter less so (the one from Vanda).post #3208 of 376723/3/14 at 2:50pmpost #3209 of 376723/3/14 at 3:37pmpost #3210 of 376723/3/14 at 3:47pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 20 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...