or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2122

post #31816 of 37396
That's a beauty. Where from?
post #31817 of 37396
Wife says cool. But enough with the old man stuff when we're out together. Lol~
post #31818 of 37396
^ But you are kind of an old man...
post #31819 of 37396

Just give in and wear Zoo York

post #31820 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post
 

Just give in and wear Zoo York

 

Aren't those where his jeans are from?

post #31821 of 37396
Thread Starter 

@talalwallana

 

First, whatever you wear, you should be showing A LOT less square than you are showing in any of those pictures. Anything cresting 2cm< out of your pocket is probably a bit much.

 

Second, the second outfit looks the best out of all the options.

 

Third, I'd go without the watch since your shirt cuffs get caught on it. Not a huge deal when this happens in general, but there is a pretty big discrepancy between each arm now; less of a big deal if, say, only a sliver was showing on the right to begin with. As is, there's gotta be close to an inch visible.

post #31822 of 37396
Breaking all the rules I once held dear

Charcoal suit, brown tie



post #31823 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Breaking all the rules I once held dear

Charcoal suit, brown tie

 

Which rules would that be? Looks fine to me...

post #31824 of 37396
Charcoal doesn't mix with brown, or so certain 'fashion' authorities claim
post #31825 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian mcfox View Post

Charcoal doesn't mix with brown, or so certain 'fashion' authorities claim

 

Oh, really, do they? 

 

dzTnDIz.jpg

post #31826 of 37396

Could just be the lighting, but compared with Elio's, @sebastian mcfox 's fit suffers from a lack of textural contrast between tie and suit fabrics.

 

It's not in any way a bad fit, just a bit boring. It lacks the pop which would be provided by a more textured tie.

 

Also Elio, don't ever change those specs. They suit you perfectly.

post #31827 of 37396
Tie is a grenadine, suit is from Suitsupply and...not my favourite. But it is a placeholder until I find something more exciting
post #31828 of 37396

Elio's suit looks like navy to me which is indubitably the more natural pairing.

 

Nonetheless, charcoal+ brown is an ok look. Not my cuppa but it works.

post #31829 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Could just be the lighting, but compared with Elio's, @sebastian mcfox
 's fit suffers from a lack of textural contrast between tie and suit fabrics.

It's not in any way a bad fit, just a bit boring. It lacks the pop which would be provided by a more textured tie.

Also Elio, don't ever change those specs. They suit you perfectly.

Thanks. I like them quite a bit myself, too. The double chin not so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTRC View Post

Elio's suit looks like navy to me which is indubitably the more natural pairing.

Nonetheless, charcoal+ brown is an ok look. Not my cuppa but it works.

The suit is charcoal. I agree that navy is the more 'natural' combination with brown.
post #31830 of 37396
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)