or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2095

post #31411 of 37439
Thread Starter 
The only white girl I ever seriously dated was from the south and went to a technically SEC school (Vanderbilt).

Generally don't find white women super appealing (they can be very attractive, mind you, but generally they never really stick in my mind; they just often seem so generic). Most of the girls I've dated were either Asian-Americans or Latinas. Two mulattos as well. Don't know how happy I would have been at an SEC school, but I guess that just means more for y'all guys that like white girls
post #31412 of 37439
And here I was thinking that all girls from Alabama were like Rosa Parks...
post #31413 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

The only white girl I ever seriously dated was from the south and went to a technically SEC school (Vanderbilt).

Generally don't find white women super appealing (they can be very attractive, mind you, but generally they never really stick in my mind; they just often seem so generic). Most of the girls I've dated were either Asian-Americans or Latinas. Two mulattos as well. Don't know how happy I would have been at an SEC school, but I guess that just means more for y'all guys that like white girls

 

Contemporary usage of the term is generally confined to situations in which the term is considered relevant in a historical context. For instance, in the 21st century, United States people of mixed white and black ancestry seldom choose to identify as "mulatto."The term is considered archaic in the United States by some and largely viewed as pejorative. Accepted modern terms in the United States for people of mixed ancestry include "multiracial" and "biracial." However, these include other racial mixtures and it is still the formal register specific to a black-white mixture. Residents of Spain, Latin America, the Caribbean and some countries in Africa use the term freely, usually without suggesting any insult.

post #31414 of 37439

Belt brand recommendations? these two particularly interest me. I would need a medium and dark brown.

post #31415 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdusBK View Post
 

Belt brand recommendations? these two particularly interest me. I would need a medium and dark brown.

 

What about a mulatto color? Would that be on your radar?

post #31416 of 37439

Just sticking to the basic fundamentals for now, I have a polo brown but the leather started cracking by the hole i normally use so I'm looking to upgrade.

post #31417 of 37439
Thread Starter 
None of the black and half black folk I've met have ever considered it pejorative. But this could be because of three things:

a) I don't live in an area of Texas with any deep ties to slavery or anti-black sentiment

b) I've always had a peculiar way of talking, especially with regards to word choice. I tend to use formal language. That same girlfriend used to tease me for saying "penis" and "vagina" instead of "cock" and "pussy." So I started using phallus and yoni as much as possible in public (I don't even think that's the proper use of yoni)

c) been lucky

Both my girlfriend's parents were mixed (each half white) and used the term to refer to their family when people asked *shrug*. I probably used the term before dating her though (this is the same ex who is now very close friends with my wife).

I'm multiracial, but I generally prefer half-Hispanic. I wince at the terms multicultural and multiracial. And I research culture!! But I was also raised by a father who felt PC was a tremendous waste of time (and was for more interested in labor unions and the urban/rural poor). To some extent, I disagree (the words we choose can have a powerful effect), but one's father has a profound effect.

Regardless, I'd certainly avoid using the word around African-Americans who are unfamiliar with me. Or anywhere in the Deep South.

When I have a kid (50% oriental, 25% spic, and 25% culturally bland cracker), we're just going to call him/her "Mutt"
post #31418 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdusBK View Post
 

Just sticking to the basic fundamentals for now, I have a polo brown but the leather started cracking by the hole i normally use so I'm looking to upgrade.


We were just talking about mulattos. I'm not 100% certain that you have changed the subject.

post #31419 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

b) I've always had a peculiar way of talking, especially with regards to word choice. I tend to use formal language. That same girlfriend used to tease me for saying "penis" and "vagina" instead of "cock" and "pussy." So I started using phallus and yoni as much as possible in public (I don't even think that's the proper use of yoni)
 

 

Sex with you must be scintillating!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I'm multiracial, but I generally prefer half-Hispanic. I wince at the terms multicultural and multiracial. And I research culture!! But I was also raised by a father who felt PC was a tremendous waste of time (and was for more interested in labor unions and the urban/rural poor). To some extent, I disagree (the words we choose can have a powerful effect), but one's father has a profound effect.

 

Agree on PC, but the term goes beyond prejudicial and just sounds so whacky archaic in most parts that it sounds like a plantation owner from the nineteen teens teleported into modern times. Possibly because of your region it was enmeshed in the local vocabulary. I've only heard people who are above age 90 or in Spanish speaking countries use this. Given your Hispanic background, maybe therein lies the origin. Mystery solved?

post #31420 of 37439

I married mulado... 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
 
...and now that the Jays are out of it I'll go back to rooting for the local football team, from when I lived in COLUMBUS!!!!!
 
 
as always  ":D"
 
p.s. I'm tanked
post #31421 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

The only white girl I ever seriously dated was from the south and went to a technically SEC school (Vanderbilt).

Generally don't find white women super appealing (they can be very attractive, mind you, but generally they never really stick in my mind; they just often seem so generic). Most of the girls I've dated were either Asian-Americans or Latinas. Two mulattos as well. Don't know how happy I would have been at an SEC school, but I guess that just means more for y'all guys that like white girls


You and I are of like mind in this respect.

 

While I certainly did date a few blondes in my youth (including one particularly jaw-droppingly beautiful wench with Scandinavian ancestry), I've always tended to prefer dark girls - by that, I mean those with olive (or darker) skin, black hair, and brown eyes.

 

My first wife was a Sri Lankan Burgher and my current spouse is Chinese.

 

I myself am pale as a ghost, with blond (well, it used to be blond) hair and blue eyes. This puts me at a distinct evolutionary disadvantage, due to my high skin cancer and cataract risk. For that reason alone I would prefer not to procreate with another paleface. Dark gals rock my world.

post #31422 of 37439
Thread Starter 
I grew up in a city with a Spanish speaking majority. That indeed might have contributed.

Archer says octaroon all the time.
post #31423 of 37439
Yeah, I just say I prefer 'tan' girls - whether that be Latina, Asian, mixed etc. (this actually also includes tan white girls though...)
post #31424 of 37439
Lol at cox for 'cataract risk'
post #31425 of 37439
Ethnicity is not so important to me, as long as she has classic proportions, a balanced colour palette and a coherent overall fit. Though I do tend to prefer smooth textures over coarse and a generous lapel roll.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)