or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2091

post #31351 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

I'm wearing shorts and a polo shirt right now, so y'all can all stop complaining. I get five hours of tweed weather here.

 

You made your bed...

post #31352 of 37396

Oh, and, I don't think we discussed this, Clags:

post #31353 of 37396

I went to nab it.

post #31354 of 37396

What are your ideal rainy-day/ winter shoes (non boots)? 

 

Some sort of grained leather plus rubber on the bottom (york sole, danite etc...)? 

post #31355 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

What are your ideal rainy-day/ winter shoes (non boots)? 

 

Some sort of grained leather plus rubber on the bottom (york sole, danite etc...)? 

 

Dunlop tire treads (traveling in taxi)

post #31356 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

What are your ideal rainy-day/ winter shoes (non boots)? 

 

Some sort of grained leather plus rubber on the bottom (york sole, danite etc...)? 

 

Rainy day shoes are older pairs of calfskin shoes that are now my rainy day shoes.

 

During snow and ice, I go all LL Bean Boot and change my shoes in the office.

post #31357 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Rainy day shoes are older pairs of calfskin shoes that are now my rainy day shoes.

 

During snow and ice, I go all LL Bean Boot and change my shoes in the office.

LL Bean Boot and wool pants? 

post #31358 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

LL Bean Boot and wool pants? 

 

Yes.  There's no fashion show on the train and most definitely not while walking a mile in the snow and ice from the train station to the office.  I have C&J Islays and shell boots, but I don't see the point for the work commute when it's just as easy to change shoes when I get to the office.

 

I should add, though, that if I'm walking around during the day for meetings or what not, I'll either wear my Islays (grain leather and danite sole) or Carmina shell boots with a Ridgeway sole or, if I am in a suit, dress shoes with Swims. 

post #31359 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
[...]

 

During snow and ice, I go all LL Bean Boot and change my shoes in the office.

 

Yes.

 

Galoshes are also good to have in some situations.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #31360 of 37396

I'm curious what you guys might think of the patterns below for SC's. I'm giving up on OTR as I slowly compile a wardrobe and am looking towards using a local tailor.

 

I just discovered Sultan's Fabrics ( http://www.sultansfinefabrics.com/ ) here in Toronto. Aside from being able to order from the major books (I saw books and/or product from H&S, LP, Scabal and Dormueil, etc ) when I did my first dry run at the store today there is a lot of stuff already in their racks and the 10 OZ. Cashmere and 11 OZ Merino Wool below caught my eye. The particular mills aren't mentioned in the listing I took these pics from. I just know the stuff is Italian.

 

 

 

a

 

post #31361 of 37396
Neither really excites me, TBH. But nothing wrong with them if they fill a role in your wardrobe.
post #31362 of 37396
Bill. Both are kind of meh for me personally, but don't hate them.
post #31363 of 37396
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Oh, and, I don't think we discussed this, Clags:



The coach who almost lost his job but for a flukish victory, in a directionless program, once of the two foundations of a major conference, now struggling to even break even year to year? The coach who is not the coach who, despite a propensity to choke during big games, is still the only coach to win all four major bowls and has managed to keep his program relevant as the new guard has risen, largely at the expense of the program of the man in the picture?

That's the guy, right? I'm sorry if I misidentified him, but 2nd rate football programs don't really get much media attention here in Texas.
post #31364 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

I'm curious what you guys might think of the patterns below for SC's. I'm giving up on OTR as I slowly compile a wardrobe and am looking towards using a local tailor.

 

I just discovered Sultan's Fabrics ( http://www.sultansfinefabrics.com/ ) here in Toronto. Aside from being able to order from the major books (I saw books and/or product from H&S, LP, Scabal and Dormueil, etc ) when I did my first dry run at the store today there is a lot of stuff already in their racks and the 10 OZ. Cashmere and 11 OZ Merino Wool below caught my eye. The particular mills aren't mentioned in the listing I took these pics from. I just know the stuff is Italian.

 

 

 

a

 

I think the same pattern in a mid-to-dark blue base would be pretty awesome but out of these two, I'd go with the brown.

post #31365 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Oh, and, I don't think we discussed this, Clags:


The coach who almost lost his job but for a flukish victory, in a directionless program, once of the two foundations of a major conference, now struggling to even break even year to year? The coach who is not the coach who, despite a propensity to choke during big games, is still the only coach to win all four major bowls and has managed to keep his program relevant as the new guard has risen, largely at the expense of the program of the man in the picture?

That's the guy, right? I'm sorry if I misidentified him, but 2nd rate football programs don't really get much media attention here in Texas.
 of the team who beat OU?

 

Yes, that one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)