So the ones with more blue in them? =P
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 2086post #31276 of 3766310/15/15 at 10:16ampost #31277 of 3766310/15/15 at 10:19ampost #31278 of 3766310/15/15 at 10:27ampost #31279 of 3766310/15/15 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #31280 of 3766310/15/15 at 10:58ampost #31281 of 3766310/15/15 at 12:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by WillingToLearn
SuSu value proposition falls off a lot on all other items, IME - squares, ties, socks, shirts, sweaters. All those items are based in my experience. Other items just look cheap to me - bags, shoes. Ties are really bad, small, bad knots and not wide enough. Which is too bad b/c some look quite good.
Suit Supply isn't perfect?post #31282 of 3766310/15/15 at 12:17pmpost #31283 of 3766310/15/15 at 4:58pmThread Starterpost #31284 of 3766310/15/15 at 7:41pmQuote:
I have a chocolate wool Drakes with a minimum of fuzziness in an otherwise conservative stripe pattern that I'll occasionally wear with navy and grey suits (and more often with a solid navy odd jacket) for a little rus in urbe.
I love wool challis but I only ever wear it with odd jackets.
Remember that worsted is just a kind of thread and it includes all of the following: charcoal smooth-finish serge, navy hopsack, brown fresco, tan tropical weight, black and white PoW check with red double windowpane. Clearly some of these will call for different ties.
As @sugarbutch points ouI, there are also a hell of a lot of different kinds of wool ties,post #31285 of 3766310/16/15 at 4:51ampost #31286 of 3766310/16/15 at 6:07amQuote:
I have just now decided I deeply need a similar brown tie. Kent Wang has an offering I've been talking myself out of for the past few months.post #31287 of 3766310/16/15 at 6:25ampost #31288 of 3766310/16/15 at 10:10amThread Starter
I have a brown tie. I have a brown tie many times.
I have a brown tie coming twice, from ET and Panta.
I love brown tie.
is for farmer tie
On a slightly more serious note, I know that there isn't a "superior" color for a tie. It is dependent on a person's hair and skin color and what they normally wear. But for the average white dude wearing odd jackets, you'd have a hardtime convincing me that brown isn't the best color for a necktie (though green could certainly give it a run for it's money). In fact, I can see someone making the argument that green works well with most blue and brown jackets (the two most commont colors for odd jackets) while brown does not (hit or miss with brown, depending on the shade). Though brown complements a blue jacket just slightly better (in my opinion) than green does and has the added bonus of gelling well with shoes.
So I guess brown and green is the way to go. I know that when someone asks for my first five ties, generally there will be a navy and a burgundy in there, and the other three will be 2 brown and 1 green or
1 brown and 2 green. Though if it were for myself, I think it would be 3 brown and 2 green (or 3 green and two brown). Basically, I want my tie collection to look like Robin Hood.
Alright. I really need to get to work :(
But before I do, my favorite brown ties being currently offered by SFF:
Panta didn't give me much in the way of options.
Exquisite Trimmings: Drakes and ET
Kent Wang breaking my balls with an absence of brown. There is a brown cashmere herringbone that's nice, but it doesn't scream "I'm an amazing brown tie." This one, however, screams "I'm rust but I'm way nicer than that herringbone cashmere so go ahead and include me also buy me you've been looking at me for well over a year now"
No Man Walks Alone has a proper selection of brown
and Calabrese choice:
(half knit, half grenadine? What is a Bourette?)
I dismissed them because their first offerings were lackluster. But now they have some fantastic stuff. This linen is god damned great.
You've outdone yourself with this linen tie.
My wife will be contacting you around my birthday. This is stupendous.
(though it should be noted that there is a nice print on sale for 70 bucks)
Edited by Claghorn - 10/16/15 at 10:36ampost #31289 of 3766310/16/15 at 10:50ampost #31290 of 3766310/16/15 at 11:08am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › Video Games 9 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 15 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 20 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...