or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 209

post #3121 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I must be an idiot but I did advanced search but couldn't come up with his WAYWRN pics. baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I see you've discovered this, but he lives in the real world, not on these boards. biggrin.gif

I'm swamped at the office so not in a position to post fits, but google images should help.
post #3122 of 37405

@LEVOOSH 

Thanks. Yes, I wasted some time trying to find his WAYWRN but I appreciate it.

It seems like he's smiling in all of his pictures. 

post #3123 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

It's NOT $9.99! It's $10.00.

But anyways, if that's all you had to pay for then I say why not. But I didn't like any of them. 

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #3124 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
chris-rock-huh-face.gif
post #3125 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
chris-rock-huh-face.gif

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I'm done :cloud:

post #3126 of 37405
Forgot to post this shot, just the hobers and cappellis from before

IMG_1887_zpsc1fb41ca.jpg
post #3127 of 37405
Thread Starter 

@in stitches

 

But that tie looks blue and not navy. Maybe it's just the picture.

post #3128 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

@in stitches
But that tie looks blue and not navy. Maybe it's just the picture.

hmmmm, in person id call it navy, but that pic underwent a lot of editing to clean it up and get any contrast, to the point that it might indeed look blue now. in any case, i still think that sometimes navy + white dots is the best option, especially with a solid white shirt. i have another fit of mine i could use as an example, but i feel my narcissism has hit its max for the day.
post #3129 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

@Rudals

This is why, if you want to wear navy ties, you've got to own gray. Also why I don't feel the need for navy with white pin dots (I feel that in any situation where white pindots are a good choice, this'll be the better choice)

 

 

Classic but very very elegant ...

post #3130 of 37405
Navy suit+white shirt+navy tie w/ white dots is as classic as it gets. It's a bit on the conservative side, but it's a very common look in the city. If a tie is worn at all, you can bet on it it'll be a navy one with white dots. It's also frequently seen on the Italian businessmen that people are so fond of in the tumblrsphere.
post #3131 of 37405
Thread Starter 

I think the one I posted above would look better with a white shirt. If anything, a solid blue is where white pindot would be the better choice. White pindot on a white shirt might give that "there are holes in my tie" look that everyone is worried about (people are worried about that, right?).

post #3132 of 37405
(Every single time.) (But not really.)
post #3133 of 37405
Thread Starter 

When I wear my chelseas, I'm terrified that people will think that someone stole my laces. Every once and a while I'll announce that the shoes never had laces and that everyone should just be cool.

post #3134 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

I think the one I posted above would look better with a white shirt. If anything, a solid blue is where white pindot would be the better choice. White pindot on a white shirt might give that "there are holes in my tie" look that everyone is worried about (people are worried about that, right?).

 

I prefer light blue shirts over white anytime, but I wouldn't be particularly worried about the holes in my tie thing, just like I'm not worried about the hole in your suit thing when wearing a white pocket square with a white shirt.

post #3135 of 37405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

I prefer light blue shirts over white anytime, but I wouldn't be particularly worried about the holes in my tie thing, just like I'm not worried about the hole in your suit thing when wearing a white pocket square with a white shirt.

:brick:  NOW I SHAN'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!!!

 

 

Setting the upper limit low, because anybody for whom this thread is helpful shouldn't be spending $1000 plus on shoes.

 

Three shoes (basic 150-300)

 

Meermin

Andrew Lock

Meermin

 

 

 

Three shoes (mid range 300-500)

Churches

 

Kent Wang

John Spencer

 

 

 

 

Three shoes (upper range 500-1000)

 

 

Crockett & Jones

Carmina


Edited by Claghorn - 2/28/14 at 6:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)