or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 208

post #3106 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

Calm down, JRD.
I accidentally reposted the same darn tie post so I had to post something there.
Quote:
oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg
post #3107 of 37396

JRD, I've seen that picture before. How do you have a picture of my cousin?!

post #3108 of 37396

Wow, I don't know if Timo or Clag got the same Korean dowry deal but a nice quality suit is included in the dowry among many other good things. I love being Korean. I told them I am picking the suit, NOT them. :rotflmao:

post #3109 of 37396

Is it common for SC/Blazers to be quite a bit shorter in length?  A lot of times I see them about even with sleeve length barely covering the ass and the button point so high up.  

post #3110 of 37396
Rudals,

Look at photos of Matteo Marzotto. He is a great example of CBD done right both in color and style. Should be good inspiration for how to avoid being boring.

The steps you want to take (ie. gingham shirts) are, with great respect, totally wrong.
post #3111 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

I'm not a fan of a charcoal suit and navy tie - too dark on dark for my eyes.


post #3112 of 37396

A few weeks ago I won the bid on this Holiday & Brown for $9.99 finally shipped in from Italy.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 Also got these but I'm wondering if this top one (Tina Cosma) is too much...

 

 

I go back and forth on this one (Etro Milano).  I got all these for $9.99 each so it's not gonna kill me if they don't work.  

 

 

I like this one.  It's a vintage Yves Saint Laurent

 

 

Finally have a pair of suspenders for my RLPL suit.  

 

 

Cashmere houndstooth

post #3113 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


You heard me, Bean. Lighter grays > Charcoal when it comes to a true navy tie and not some lighter shade of blue

In my opinion, of course.
post #3114 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Is it common for SC/Blazers to be quite a bit shorter in length?  A lot of times I see them about even with sleeve length barely covering the ass and the button point so high up.  

These days a ton of makers are doing a trendier cut like you described
post #3115 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOOSH View Post

Rudals,

Look at photos of Matteo Marzotto. He is a great example of CBD done right both in color and style. Should be good inspiration for how to avoid being boring.

The steps you want to take (ie. gingham shirts) are, with great respect, totally wrong.

I must be an idiot but I did advanced search but couldn't come up with his WAYWRN pics. :brick:

post #3116 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

A few weeks ago I won the bid on this Holiday & Brown for $9.99 finally shipped in from Italy.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 Also got these but I'm wondering if this top one (Tina Cosma) is too much...

 

 

I go back and forth on this one (Etro Milano).  I got all these for $9.99 each so it's not gonna kill me if they don't work.  

 

 

I like this one.  It's a vintage Yves Saint Laurent

 

 

Finally have a pair of suspenders for my RLPL suit.  

 

 

Cashmere houndstooth

 

It's NOT $9.99! It's $10.00.

But anyways, if that's all you had to pay for then I say why not. But I didn't like any of them. 

post #3117 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I must be an idiot but I did advanced search but couldn't come up with his WAYWRN pics. baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Try a Google image search. Matteo is (probably) not a member of SF.
post #3118 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


You heard me, Bean. Lighter grays > Charcoal when it comes to a true navy tie and not some lighter shade of blue

In my opinion, of course.

I believe that navy ties go perfectly with light grey suits.

But I think they also can work with charcoal greys. 

post #3119 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Essex View Post


Try a Google image search. Matteo is (probably) not a member of SF.

Wow...(I am speechless). 

I thought he was a SF member. 

That's probably the dumbest thing I've posted thus far...but there may be dummer ones.

post #3120 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

...but there may be dummer ones.

 

 

lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)