or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1993

post #29881 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

Gentlement, could you point me in the right direction as to where to purchase 1) corozo buttons (@EliodA?) and 2) (dark) brown buttons?

I think I'll purchase both and see what looks best with my newly accquired navy blazer.

 

Corozo can be found on Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. Many sellers are in the US though and don't do international shipping. If you're more adventurous (and patient) you can even try Alibaba or Aliexpress.

post #29882 of 37439

The SF affiliate ehaberdasher sells'polished' brown horn buttons ( i just bought half a dozen last week). It is in the states though - but they do offer international shopping. Matte horn buttons (my preference) are available in brick and mortar stores where i am currently in the UK; don't know if they ship. Might pop in later in the week to confirm as i need some.

post #29883 of 37439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Do you really carry on campus? Or were you referring to students?

I'm generally pro gun control, but if everyone else is doing it, safety becomes victim to the tragedy of the commons. I'll happily hand in my Howitzer when John Q. Freshman is disallowed from driving his tank to campus.
post #29884 of 37439

So do you have to un-holster when entering a bar or is it cool there too?

post #29885 of 37439
Always thought guns and booze were a bad mix, myself.
post #29886 of 37439
post #29887 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


I'm generally pro gun control, but if everyone else is doing it, safety becomes victim to the tragedy of the commons. I'll happily hand in my Howitzer when John Q. Freshman is disallowed from driving his tank to campus.

So when you lecture - I am assuming the howitzer is on the stage, off to the right of the lectern, facing the students correct?

post #29888 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So when you lecture - I am assuming the howitzer is on the stage, off to the right of the lectern, facing the students correct?

Just make sure you don't get your clicker devices mixed up. Would hate to think you're changing slides but you shred a few rows of students instead.
post #29889 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


Just make sure you don't get your clicker devices mixed up. Would hate to think you're changing slides but you shred a few rows of students instead.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

post #29890 of 37439
I think we've ventured out of good-natured territory here.
post #29891 of 37439
I wrote my comment with a smirk, if that counts.
post #29892 of 37439
post #29893 of 37439
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Just make sure you don't get your clicker devices mixed up. Would hate to think you're changing slides but you shred a few rows of students instead.
It's aimed up over the first two rows anyway, so it wouldn't hit anyone that mattered.
post #29894 of 37439

My fault for raising the subject.  There are other threads on how to dress for concealed carry - more entertaining that enlightening, I'm afraid.

 

Personally I can see both sides, and would probably come to the same conclusion as Clags in those circumstances. As it is, I am a foreigner here and can't own a fireaem even if I wanted one, and handguns are banned where I come from, too.  But I played with some at a range on holiday last month, and I get the fun in it for sure.

 

Anyway, back to the subject of SF Syndrome: I signed up to advertise a pair of shoes that I had on eBay.  A couple of years later and I know have forty more pairs of shoes, an unhealthy interest in watches, seventeen sports jackets from Spoo alone, and barely-contained contempt for almost everyone I meet based often on no more than their choice of socks.

 

Life's great, isn't it?

 

P.S.  I want to know, though, now we've come this far: what are you packing, Clags?

post #29895 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


It's aimed up over the first two rows anyway, so it wouldn't hit anyone that mattered.

What did we tell you about putting all the hot girls in first two rows...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

P.S.  I want to know, though, now we've come this far: what are you packing, Clags?

TWSS?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)