Why not just send in a sample shirt to have the collar copied? There is significant room for error when asking Luxire to create a collar based on a picture and measurements found on a website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1963post #29432 of 373658/3/15 at 6:34pmQuote:
Agreed, assuming one had a shirt one was willing to part with for awhile.
Acpost #29433 of 373658/3/15 at 7:59pmpost #29434 of 373658/3/15 at 8:08pmQuote:
Good point. If I should decide to use Luxire again for this (and don't want to sent them one of my PC shirts) that's what I'd do.
At this point I like both collars, and don't yet have a preference. It's possible I'll come to like them equally.
Either way I'm glad I tried it. At present Luxire's cloth selection is vastly larger that PC's.
Acpost #29435 of 373658/4/15 at 6:07ampost #29436 of 373658/4/15 at 6:12ampost #29437 of 373658/4/15 at 6:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Sudonihm
Some consider them summer ties, but I wear them all year. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks. What are your thoughts on the two above mentioned ties? Would you consider them to buys (3 stripes)? Do the fabric clash with textured SCs/trousers (as in too much texture)?post #29438 of 373658/4/15 at 6:15ampost #29439 of 373658/4/15 at 6:39amrazl found some TASSEKS on B&S. You loafer perverts enthusiasts might like:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/505278/vass-slipper-dark-brown-calf-p2-last-size-eu-43-bnib/0_50post #29440 of 373658/4/15 at 7:00am
I like both. They're somewhat seasonal, but can be worn into fall (wouldn't pair with heavy flannels or tweeds, though). Absolutely good choices for SC fits--see the instagram of @TweedyProf
who owns one if not both.
Quote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Looking to add striped ties to my tie collection. I have no experience with shantung, hence I come to you seeking much needed advice regarding stripes + shantungs.
1) Opinions regarding these two?
2) Are shantung seasonal ties?
3) Can they be worn with textured SCs/trousers?post #29441 of 373658/4/15 at 7:54amBeen a little bit - hope everyone is well. Thread is going strong.Quote:I sent in a PC shirt as well a long time ago. The myriad of options luxire offers blow PC out of the water.Originally Posted by Academic2
No order number. I just asked them to replicate the PC Milano II and provided them with the measurements and specs from PC’s website, viz.,
" 3 11/16” collar points; 6 ½” spread; 1 5/8” front collar band height; 2” rear collar height; stiff fused interlining; removable collar stays; two button closure "
and provided them with a link to the relevant PC webpage:
One difference I didn't note in my immediately previous post is the angle between B and D. Presumably this accounts for Henry Carter's observation that the Luxire is more cut-away.
Hope yours turns out well.post #29442 of 373658/4/15 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
razl found some TASSEKS on B&S. You loafer perverts enthusiasts might like:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice. I would jump but I need basics first. Looking for some chukkaspost #29443 of 373658/4/15 at 7:58ampost #29444 of 373658/4/15 at 8:05ampost #29445 of 373658/4/15 at 8:15amWhile on the subject of shoes - has anyone undergone a gait analysis? While advertised for runners, I am sure we can all benefit esp if considering shoes north of 1K.
Edit - I picked these up at the recent CJ sale: http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/audley-black
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › things that are making you happy 35 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Rug and Carpet Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...