or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1936

post #29026 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

a growing feeling that you've done something very wrong with your life.

 

You have much wisdom.

post #29027 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Grad students are just more bitter and generally less good looking.

 

@TweedyProf et al., I'm happy to change the name of that thread, if someone gives me something to work with.


@LA Guy 

 

We'll see what people decide. I'm puzzled why I can no longer change the content of the first post since I started the thread. 

post #29028 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

Anyone who has had to deal with grad students as an undergrad will know that "Grad Lounge" can, indeed, be pretentious. :)


Grads can certainly be pretentious, the lounge...a room the faculty had no use for.

post #29029 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

You have much wisdom.

I spent many hours doing pullups and listening to Cinderella's "Nobody's Fool" to realize that I was exactly that.

post #29030 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


the lounge...a room the faculty had no use for.

 

Grads treat it like the gates of Mordor. You shall not pass!

post #29031 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 


@LA Guy 

 

We'll see what people decide. I'm puzzled why I can no longer change the content of the first post since I started the thread. 

Like most forums, we had a problem with posters deciding to go off in a huff and taking their toys with them, for whatever reason.  This was extremely disruptive, (forums, unlike, say, Facebook, are flat playing field conversations) so we placed a time limit on the amount of time elapsed after which a post cannot be edited.  The reasoning being that if, after a week or so, everyone has had time to consider whether they said something... ill advised.

post #29032 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

@LA Guy
 

We'll see what people decide. I'm puzzled why I can no longer change the content of the first post since I started the thread. 

System/policy thing. After about 2 weeks, only admin can edit a post I believe.

Edit - What Fok said above.
post #29033 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

Grads treat it like the gates of Mordor. You shall not pass!

Frankly, it's mostly because the undergrads tend to steal all the good cookies.  This happens at social time before seminars as well.  Not that grad students really need a bunch of carbs and warm tea right before going into a dark room with the drone of a projector, either. In my entire time in academia, I have managed to stay awake for the entirety of five seminars.

post #29034 of 37497

Ok, we'll take care of editing title/opening post at the appropriate time. I assume mods can help me with that. 

post #29035 of 37497
Yup. Once Fok gives you the ok, any admin can fix it.
post #29036 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 

Ok, we'll take care of editing title/opening post at the appropriate time. I assume mods can help me with that. 

Yeah, can do.  I am struggling to think of something non-pretentious and non-dumb, though.

post #29037 of 37497
BEAT YA TO IT THIS TIME, EL HEFFE!!!

How about, "The MC Thread of Intellectual Masterbation and Academic Gymnastics"?
post #29038 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

BEAT YA TO IT THIS TIME, EL HEFFE!!!

How about, "The MC Thread of Intellectual Masterbation and Academic Gymnastics"?

 

We're at least going to want to spell masturbation correctly.  

post #29039 of 37497
Use-mention, Helden. smile.gif
post #29040 of 37497
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Yeah, can do.  I am struggling to think of something non-pretentious and non-dumb, though.

There's the rub.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)