or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1920

post #28786 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

 

Nothing against the lakers, but they kind of 'own' that colour combination. Anything yellow/purple will make loads of people think of the lakers. It's a nice tie if you're going to watch a game (if you wear suits when you're doing that), but I wouldn't wear it regularly. 

I know. I meant too much wins because of all the lakers championships.

 

aaaand joke isnt funny when you have to explain it.

post #28787 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Nothing against the lakers, but they kind of 'own' that colour combination. Anything yellow/purple will make loads of people think of the lakers. It's a nice tie if you're going to watch a game (if you wear suits when you're doing that), but I wouldn't wear it regularly. 

The tie actually reminds me more of LSU Tigers and their colors, but that could be from me growing up in the South.

Disclaimer - I am a Longhorn fan, not a LSU fan.
post #28788 of 37392

Completely unable to interpret the last three posts

 

#sports

post #28789 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post
 

Completely unable to interpret the last three posts

 

#sports

:facepalm:

post #28790 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Too much win?

 

Nothing against the lakers, but they kind of 'own' that colour combination. Anything yellow/purple will make loads of people think of the lakers. It's a nice tie if you're going to watch a game (if you wear suits when you're doing that), but I wouldn't wear it regularly. 

 

More orange in real life.

 

Who are 'the lakers'? 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #28791 of 37392

But I thought everyone follows US sports, and acknowledges their superiority in victory. Don't the teams who the NBA and BCS title get called WORLD champions?

post #28792 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

But I thought everyone follows US sports, and acknowledges their superiority in victory. Don't the teams who the NBA and BCS title get called WORLD champions?

unless youre form boston. then you're just called cheaters.

post #28793 of 37392
Thread Starter 

San_Antonio_Spurs_NBA_Champions_5_Times.jpg?width=737&height=437

post #28794 of 37392

Et tu, Claghorn?

 

Calling all my sports haters

 

Do lovers of CM clothing and suits also love team sports and their matching uniforms? Is this a subtle psychological domain that has yet to be mined?

post #28795 of 37392

@WillingToLearn, this wool/silk striped Bigi tie from NMWA is classic, pairs easily, and is a steal at the moment:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #28796 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

unless youre form boston. then you're just called cheaters.

Careful with that one...could get uglier than a Formosa that's 2cms short in the shoulders...
post #28797 of 37392
Bleeding black and silver doesn't sound healthy. Let's not focus on history though, the current champions wear blue and gold.

post #28798 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Bleeding black and silver doesn't sound healthy. Let's not focus on history though, the current champions wear blue and gold.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Only way I can respect that is if you've actually been a Warriors fan for the past 20 years (not that you need my respect). I have too many friends from Cali that have hopped on the GS bandwagon this post season.
post #28799 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Bleeding black and silver doesn't sound healthy. Let's not focus on history though, the current champions wear blue and gold.

 

I'm fine with this. Felt bad for you guys for so long... ought to win once every 40 years or so.

post #28800 of 37392
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms340 View Post

Only way I can respect that is if you've actually been a Warriors fan for the past 20 years (not that you need my respect). I have too many friends from Cali that have hopped on the GS bandwagon this post season.

I agree with you, but I was born and raised 5 miles from Oracle. Whole life.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)