or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1916

post #28726 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post


Milwaukee is not bad at all. Very mini Chicago is a decent summary. Memphis is a pit and quite dangerous. Cincy is a pit too, but not quite as bad. Columbus is a good fun college town. Detroit ' renaissance is over hyped but somewhat real.

 

I lived in Columbus for 10 years and it's a very solid town. If you're looking to meet a nice girl, find an affordable house, raise some kids and root for college football then you could do a lot worse than CBus for sure.

post #28727 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post

Milwaukee is not bad at all. Very mini Chicago is a decent summary. Memphis is a pit and quite dangerous. Cincy is a pit too, but not quite as bad. Columbus is a good fun college town.

Srsly though when was the last time you were actually in Cincy? It's not even close that it is far better than Cleveland and Columbus both. I mean if Cincy's a "pit" then Cleveburg is the fetid armpit of the anus of the universe.

FWIW the town is night and day different from just 5 years ago. They didn't just have the All Star game there because it's a shithole. Just sayin'.
post #28728 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post

oh, good—that's what I already wear

Second skin 4 lief.
post #28729 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Second skin 4 lief.

I like to call them my "cloud undies."

post #28730 of 37396

What do people wear in terms of fabrics for jackets when wearing linen trousers (assuming it's not a suit)? Linen in a different pattern seems somehow odd to me (but I have no idea why). I'm not a huge fan of cotton jackets. Those seem to be the two obvious answers, so I'm wondering if there are other ones...

 

Is the correct answer to this just linen, cotton, or bamboo? Or are there other options that make sense?

post #28731 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereNext View Post
 

What do people wear in terms of fabrics for jackets when wearing linen trousers (assuming it's not a suit)? Linen in a different pattern seems somehow odd to me (but I have no idea why). I'm not a huge fan of cotton jackets. Those seem to be the two obvious answers, so I'm wondering if there are other ones...

 

Is the correct answer to this just linen, cotton, or bamboo? Or are there other options that make sense?

I'd assume a fresco jacket could work well.

post #28732 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post
 

I'd assume a fresco jacket could work well.


I would think of fresco as being a bit too "formal" for pairing with something as casual as linen, no?

post #28733 of 37396
I disagree with the above. I think you need more texture. Personally, I have found that even a hopsack is sometimes too formal... And a chunky hopsack is more informal than fresco, which is really a very formal looking fabric (especially when fresco is navy). I think some linen blend is nice.

Because of this, I think I am going to start steering away from 100% linen odd trew. A bit of cotton mixed in provides a cleaner look and is more suitable for the summer jackets I own.
post #28734 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I disagree with the above. I think you need more texture. Personally, I have found that even a hopsack is sometimes too formal... And a chunky hopsack is more informal than fresco, which is really a very formal looking fabric (especially when fresco is navy). I think some linen blend is nice.

Because of this, I think I am going to start steering away from 100% linen odd trew. A bit of cotton mixed in provides a cleaner look and is more suitable for the summer jackets I own.


Yes, I am getting a hopsack blazer/jacket soon, and even that seemed to be a formality mismatch with the linen trousers (to my eye). Can I ask what summer jackets you have to go with your proposed cotton-linen trousers?

post #28735 of 37396
Linen and cotton is always a winning combination.
post #28736 of 37396
If anyone wants Tommy John please pm me. I work in the industry and we have them on sale. Would love to take care of anyone who PM's me.
post #28737 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

If anyone wants Tommy John please pm me. I work in the industry and we have them on sale. Would love to take care of anyone who PM's me.

 

I've done this.  Justin is the man.  I need to try the undies....Stitchy says they are great.  I love the second skin fit of the undershirts, but I'm noticing that they wear really warm and make me sweat like crazy.

post #28738 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

I've done this.  Justin is the man.  I need to try the undies....Stitchy says they are great.  I love the second skin fit of the undershirts, but I'm noticing that they wear really warm and make me sweat like crazy.

 

+1 on the underwear.  (Justin, PM incoming...).  I love the undershirts because they fit skin tight but don't feel constraining and they stay tucked in.  Generally only wear them from September to May, and in Minnesota, extra warmth is not a problem; it's an asset. 

post #28739 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

I've done this.  Justin is the man.  I need to try the undies....Stitchy says they are great.  I love the second skin fit of the undershirts, but I'm noticing that they wear really warm and make me sweat like crazy.

Thanks man! I also swear by the bottoms. They are the best I have ever worn! I do tend to find that I get super warm and a bit sweaty in the tops as well. I think because they are close to the body it doesn't allow much ventilation. It helps protect my shirts and jackets though so I don't mind too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

+1 on the underwear.  (Justin, PM incoming...).  I love the undershirts because they fit skin tight but don't feel constraining and they stay tucked in.  Generally only wear them from September to May, and in Minnesota, extra warmth is not a problem; it's an asset. 

Let me know if I can help!
post #28740 of 37396
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

If anyone wants Tommy John please pm me. I work in the industry and we have them on sale. Would love to take care of anyone who PM's me.


I read this as Tommy John surgery and was confused.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)