I have friends who own hotels and from what they've told me, the same can be said about hotels.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicConservative Buisness Dresstagged by Murlsquirl, 3/14/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- topicFruitagged by Cleav, 4/5/15
- topicHarris Tweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- categoryJacketstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by Cleav, 3/31/15
- brandJohn Smedleytagged by Cleav, 1/8/16More
- itemJohn Smedley Cardigantagged by Cleav, 1/8/16
- brandPantatagged by Cleav, 1/7/16
- brandRolextagged by Cleav, 12/29/15
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandShirts Tiestagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Blazertagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- itemShirts & Ties Jackettagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- topicShoe Caretagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categorySportscoats And Blazerstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicSuit Alternationstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 8/16/14
- brandSuitSupplytagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- categoryTiestagged by in stitches, 2/20/15
- topicTrouser Alterationstagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
- topicTweedtagged by Cleav, 3/12/15
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 9/22/15 at 11:44pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1903post #28531 of 374827/22/15 at 2:23pmpost #28532 of 374827/22/15 at 2:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Noodles
This is my recount of my purchase from No Man Walks Alone and the fallout from it.
- I purchased my fourth Formosa suit.
- Upon receipt, I check the tags on the jacket and the receipt. It said 50R.
- After getting it back from the tailor, I take some pictures. The shoulders keep coming out narrow.
- Greg asks me if I have gained weight and mentions that the camera angle is bad even though I use the same angle on other Formosa suits.
- I decide to measure the shoulder.
- Greg questions my measurement technique.
- I remeasure with a tape ruler and post pictures of the measurements.
- I am asked why I aired this for all to see.
- The measurements on the shoulders for this jacket labeled 50R is 46 cm. The website has 48 cm. 2 cm difference.
- The measurements on the chest for this jacket labeled 50R is 107 cm. The website has 110 cm. 3 cm difference.
- We go to private messaging.
- Greg offers to pay for any alterations necessary to fix the shoulders.
- I go to my tailor and he refuses. I called Field and he says it will most likely not be possible to extend the shoulders.
I am extremely frustrated at this whole situation. Why? I received a jacket that had measurements that were unacceptably off for some $2,000 suit.
Yes, it has been altered and worn. But the fact that I paid $2,000 and received a mislabeled item boggles my mind. It is not what I paid for. I repeat, I did not pay for a mislabeled jacket.
Why is it my responsibility to check the measurements?
You should've shopped at Nordstroms, they accept all returns.post #28533 of 374827/22/15 at 2:26pmpost #28534 of 374827/22/15 at 2:27pmpost #28535 of 374827/22/15 at 2:27pmpost #28536 of 374827/22/15 at 2:27pmpost #28537 of 374827/22/15 at 2:28pmpost #28538 of 374827/22/15 at 2:31pmpost #28539 of 374827/22/15 at 2:33pmQuote:
Yes, some people own houses and apartments solely to rent out on Airbnb, VRBO, etc. In the Bay Area and some other communities, the extent of that use of property is potentially having a meaningful (negative) effect on housing supply and pricing. They are a good way to get a multi-room rental for a short stay at a reasonable price, though.post #28540 of 374827/22/15 at 2:37pmQuote:
Combination of the two. My sister and her husband recently rented out a rental apartment in Montreal for two weeks via Airbnb. She was a bit skeeved out by the prospect of living in someone's home, and also thought that a management company would be more responsive to any issues that arose with the rental. Indeed, the management company replaced a broken crib the morning after it broke.
One big advantage of Airbnb, especially if you are staying for a week or longer, is that you can live more like a resident and less like a visitor. Hotels tend to be confined to the business/tourist areas of town, which often are less interesting. We stayed in the Plateau neighborhood of Montreal, and visited the same shops and playground every day. It was a much different, and richer, experience than my trip to Montreal four years earlier, when I stayed in a hotel downtown.post #28541 of 374827/22/15 at 2:37pmQuote:+1 on good customer service.
Yes, I will go back to shopping at NM since they accept all returns*post #28542 of 374827/22/15 at 2:39pmQuote:
From my experiences with Air BnB, there hasn't been any run ins with odd decorations and/or pet hair. I have had the opportunity to rent a few town homes, luxury condos, and apartments in major cities for cheaper than a hotel. I've also had friends rent out whole houses on a lake and in Florida, instead of renting our 2-3 hotel rooms for their families.
Also, I wasn't talking about motels, I was talking about hotels. What I'm saying is that there are odd things that go with staying in a hotel which would be the same as getting an Air BnB reservation.post #28543 of 374827/22/15 at 2:48pmpost #28544 of 374827/22/15 at 3:05pmQuote:
Are you so dense that you don't understand that seeking legal recourse is a threat?
Also, how does a bank set into motion chargebacks without your knowing?post #28545 of 374827/22/15 at 3:13pmQuote:
Speaking of legal recourse....are you still still taking legal action against Drew and TOJ? I stopped keeping up with the thread a few weeks back and am wondering if you went through with it.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Strand 8 E oxblood dainite sole new condition 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Dack - vintage - brand NEW - 8 F -let's trade! 9 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...