Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) - Page 1898

post #28456 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Are you coming up to SF then?

Yeah, on the 18th.
post #28457 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post


Lol.
 

am I wrong?

post #28458 of 37672
Rudals is noodles.
post #28459 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post

My bad—but it does look like the OG advice was for a certain Rudals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperexcelsius View Post

am I wrong?
I think that Rudals dude QUILT SF and is no longer an active member. He was all about Zegna and Isaia. Total idiot who thought suits priced high were of high quality. I think he also wouldn't accept that he was a 50R and kept on insisting that he was a 48R. An alcoholic as well.
post #28460 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post



I think that Rudals dude QUILT SF and is no longer an active member. He was all about Zegna and Isaia. Total idiot who thought suits priced high were of high quality. I think he also wouldn't accept that he was a 50R and kept on insisting that he was a 48R. An alcoholic as well.

Something about the way you say it makes me think Rudals=Noodles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That, and the fact that you started posting the day after he quilt. :D 

post #28461 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Lol.

@EliodA
Not leaving. Just will take the back seat and cease all purchases.

Will focus on my life.

This IS your life, face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post


I think that Rudals dude QUILT SF and is no longer an active member. He was all about Zegna and Isaia. Total idiot who thought suits priced high were of high quality.

Some people think that way about shirts. wink.gif
post #28462 of 37672

Has Stitchy forsaken us?  Haven't seen him around too much.  

post #28463 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post


Some people think that way about shirts. wink.gif

Really? Don't know of anyone like that, personally. :blush:

post #28464 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Yeah, on the 18th.

Paging @GusW to organize a meetup!
post #28465 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

I really hate the pinched waist jackets steed cuts. Doesn't seem to be on Vox's jackets though.

Well, all these pictures were from the same person and he not only doesn't seem to have a good build for an unstructured or minimally padded shoulder (one of Steed's house trademarks) but he may also have not been very good at knowing what he wanted or instructing them.

I agree that Vox's jackets don't have nearly as much waist suppression but I'm sure that has to do in part with what each customer was asking for.
post #28466 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Because I like being thorough:

 

 

Jacket: 1500 (but would prefer to keep it between 500 and 1000)

Trousers: 250 (but would prefer to keep it between 150-200)

Shirt: 80

Square: 80

Tie: 99

Shoes: 400 (though if something really, really grabs my fancy, I can see spending 500. I've spent 500+ on shoes three times, but each time I've felt I should have just gotten a cheaper shoe and a few more ties. Still feel that way about those particular shoes)

Socks: However much goldtoes cost

Belt: 50 (though I'd probably look to get a slightly more expensive one on sale)

Watch: Nada (as much as I love my three museum Movados--black, brown, and metal--I never ever wear them. They just sit there looking all pretty and simple)

 

My wishlist to turn what I already have in to a relatively small (by SF standards) but hopefully solid wardrobe was, in Canadian dollars:

 

2 more S/S Samuelsohn Sportcoats: $2K

4 more F/W Samuelsohn Sportcoats: $4K

5 pairs Samuelsohn trousers: $1.5K

2 Suits from a local tailor: $2K

4 more pairs of Vass: $4K

Ties and Squares: $2K

Belts and Socks: $.4K

6 Shirts: $.6K

Hamilton Valiant: $.6K

 

It would take me working to next September in my mediocre job to make enough spare cash to do that.  I think I'll scale that list way down to the 'essentials' which would afford me the chance to devote a year off towards changing careers.

post #28467 of 37672
post #28468 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Well, all these pictures were from the same person and he not only doesn't seem to have a good build for an unstructured or minimally padded shoulder (one of Steed's house trademarks) but he may also have not been very good at knowing what he wanted or instructing them.

I agree that Vox's jackets don't have nearly as much waist suppression but I'm sure that has to do in part with what each customer was asking for.
I just didn't come up with that statement solely based on that guy. When you do a Google image search for "steed bespoke" the few non-Vox pictures mostly have jackets with pinched waist.
post #28469 of 37672
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

I just didn't come up with that statement solely based on that guy. When you do a Google image search for "steed bespoke" the few non-Vox pictures mostly have jackets with pinched waist.

SF member Slewfoot's Steed suits are a good (or bad) example of that.
post #28470 of 37672

I think the reason noodles isn't having fun anymore is because he's so focused on the next thing. I think this thread needs a detour to the contentedness thread.

 

Also, I am so out of shape now :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)